SCHICK INJECTORS

I have a Schick adjustable and it provides a great shave, I have also made a couple of other Schick purchases this week and I am in need of blades. The ones I got with the adjustable are NOS and I have 2 left. The only one's I can find are on Amazon and are marked are Schick blades and the others are on Connaught's and are not Schick.
I welcome your thoughts as to which are the best. Thanks

I'm not saying you're wrong, but I find quite the opposite ...

I found the Schicks from Amazon to be very rough and tuggy, the Personna from Connaught to be smooth enough. I really did not get on with injector shaving though, so take my experience with a pinch of salt. I did find that vintage Gillette Platinum Plus really ticked the box for me and the one injector I kept a hold of was actually a Gillette; their "Twinjector" which can use single injector blades, too. I reserve that for when I can find those vintage blades.

Personna (the brand that Connaught sell) are massive! They make razor blades for just about everyone. US based. The Amazon blades are Chinese made and humorously known as "Chicks".

Greetings

Paul has said it all really, Amazon and Connaught are your only choices, unless you are prepared to buy the occasional packet of NOS blades from e-bay but even then most of them are from the USA so the postage makes it unrealistic.

I actually like the Personna blades that Connaught sells, true that they are not the sharpest blades but they are a 'kind to the face' blade and shave very well indeed, but it's all a mater of personal choice and with injector blades there isn't much choice!

Regards
Dick.

In my opinion the Connaught blades get better after every shave. I binned it after 5 because I didn't want to risk a bad shave and 5 shaves gave me value for money.

I actually bought a pack of schick blades off Paul above and half agree with him but found they started well and tailed off quick. Binning after 3 shaves.

As always though different strokes for different folks.

I do however very much like using the schick injectors. And have an adjustable on route that I can't wait to use.

Like dodgy repeatedly says. A good but very different pace to a DE

time for me to investigate these schick razors me thinks

aww man theres a lot of different types...which one

apologies to op..i dont want to hijack your thread

n1vlo said:
time for me to investigate these schick razors me thinks

aww man theres a lot of different types...which one

apologies to op..i dont want to hijack your thread

http://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/forum/thread-21404.html

Given how cheap they are to pick up, I got one just to do my upper lip, and area I find tricky to do well. The injector is brilliant and I mostly use it just for that.

I have had a few all over shaves with it, it's pretty good on the Schick blade. I have some personnas too, haven't tried one of them yet but as I say, it's just an upper lip job most of the time.

I have Schick injectors of various types and shades - B,C,E,F,G,J,K,L,M,N and O and find them all great shavers. I've also tried most of the Amazon blades including the "Chicks", and lots of NOS ones too, and must say I prefer the Connaught ones. There is a fair variance from pack to pack though, with some blades giving 5-7 good shaves and others only 2

majortom said:
I have Schick injectors of various types and shades - B,C,E,F,G,J,K,L,M,N and O and find them all great shavers. I've also tried most of the Amazon blades including the "Chicks", and lots of NOS ones too, and must say I prefer the Connaught ones. There is a fair variance from pack to pack though, with some blades giving 5-7 good shaves and others only 2

Thanks Tom all give them ago.

Re: RE: SCHICK INJECTORS

Stevie17 said:
majortom said:

Thanks Tom all give them ago.
Hi have you reached any conclusions re the two blades? Thanks

Please stop all this Injector talk if you all don't mind.. First it was vintage Gillettes, then 1912's, and now these gold and butterscotch trinkets are catching my magpie eyes.......

I settled on vintage Gillette Platinum Plus as my favourite injector blades. NorfolkDick was very kind to send me the last of his "twin" injector blades (Twinjectors) for my Gillette injector, which is one of the very few injectors that I kept.

Of the bunch, for already happy single edge shavers, I'd say go earlier ...

E & G are both cracking razors. J is lovely. L is apparently a good one, quite variable in bite. But E, G & J stood out for me.

I am having problems changing the blade on my Schick dial now. The new blade doesn't seem to be able to push the old one out. The blade box thing can put a blade out on its own okay. I took the old blade out in the end with tweezers and tried a new box of blades but the same problem. Am I doing something wrong or is this a common problem?

It can be a problem. When you insert the key, try leaning it back slightly by giving it a slight twist, this sometimes frees up the head and lets the old blade push out. Try giving the head an overnight soak and then, using the key inserted into the head to open it up, clean as much as you can inside the jaws with toothpicks and cotton buds coated in a little metal polish. I also used a little narrow flat file carefully rubbed inside the opened head at this point just to remove the years of accumulated crud that forms a little rough patch inside, and prevents the old blade from sliding out. It usually happens when you first use a razor that has had an old blade that's been in for a long time.

Back
Top Bottom