Scent of The Day

Well, if the present Scottish executive get their way and start taxing alcohol units in off sales it won't be much cheaper buying your beer in supermarkets and consuming it at home. As it is I shudder to think how much public money they've spent on lawyers, legal process and appeals. But then, taxpayers can't go bankrupt, can we.

JohnnyO. o/

Well, if the present Scottish executive get their way and start taxing alcohol units in off sales it won't be much cheaper buying your beer in supermarkets and consuming it at home. As it is I shudder to think how much public money they've spent on lawyers, legal process and appeals. But then, taxpayers can't go bankrupt, can we.

JohnnyO. o/
Nope mate they just keep milking us and milking us.

JohnnyO. o/
Apparently Buckfast will fall outside of that taxation for reasons unbeknownst to...anyone. I can see the 'logic' behind it, with Scotland (recently) being touted an area of alcohol-dependency issues. I heard something on Radio 2 the other day where someone was complaining about it and claiming (without evidence) that it'd 'obviously' raise the prices of drinks in pubs etc. and that a 'moderate' drinker like himself shouldn't be stung. I said to myself, the target audience is those who are deemed excessive drinkers or alcoholics - drinking isn't a necessity, especially for modest drinkers, so the effect on them is going to be far less than those whom the taxation is targeting. I could be way off the mark, but would a moderate drinker notice one less drink a week? Spend per week would likely be very similar and they'd likely get the same enjoyment out of it.

As for my scent of the day, Oud Ispahan, again. :D

17-cubablack.jpg

Back
Top Bottom