Scent of The Day

08-cubared.jpg

Left the house wearing Mr_Perfume's Creed Aventus oil but found myself in Debenhams Winchester so had a look at the perfume counters (rude not to! :D)

My first experience of Tom Ford, Mandarino di Amalfi is nice but everything else was very meh... For me, it's overhyped.

Versace Eros & man eau fraishe... Both utterly terrible, a synthetic headache inducing mess.

Dior Sauvage... Ooh what's this? Nothing spectacular initially but wait for the drydown and it's a jolly nice everyday frag.

Tried the Guerlain's again, definitely like Heritage & definitely dislike Habit rouge. The latter isn't necessarily bad, just not for me... Better suited to a more mature gent than myself perhaps.

Funnily enough Ben, I did get a compliment in the office. But she was just about to tap me up for some time off.
Any idea why Dior named it Sauvage? Eau Sauvage is one of my all time favourites. Could lead to some confusion.
Not the foggiest I'm afraid, Barry! I've had a couple of compliments with this, but more with Bleu de Chanel (my current fave), Aventus (Mr Perfume) or Fine L'Orange Noir. I do enjoy being able to smell Sauvage throughout the day and, as I said, it's inoffensive, which is a definite bonus. :)

Sauvage. It costs me about £20 for a 100ml and I still don't buy it...

APR Lixiviant for me today. This is a wonderful spring/summer scent which I've got for just that. I just couldn't resist a quick sample before I put it away.
I can see why you wouldn't, there are definitely more exclusive fragrances out there as well as simply better ones (subjective, of course). For a relatively cheap one (obviously not as cheap as £20/100mL, lucky chap!) I'm happy enough to wear it when I'm in the office. I, personally, would rather wear Dior Leather Oud most days but (a) it's a bit more 'potent' and (b) far more expensive.

I can see why you wouldn't, there are definitely more exclusive fragrances out there as well as simply better ones (subjective, of course). For a relatively cheap one (obviously not as cheap as £20/100mL, lucky chap!) I'm happy enough to wear it when I'm in the office. I, personally, would rather wear Dior Leather Oud most days but (a) it's a bit more 'potent' and (b) far more expensive.

It's the fragrance I've bought the most this year for others at their request, probably for the reasons mentioned.
I don't mind being ‘that guy' in the office. A recent near verbatim quote for you “Who the fuck stinks like embalming fluid” I wasn't offended in the slightest and we had a reasonable conversation surrounding what the ‘stink' actually was.

It's the fragrance I've bought the most this year for others at their request, probably for the reasons mentioned.
I don't mind being ‘that guy' in the office. A recent near verbatim quote for you “Who the fuck stinks like embalming fluid” I wasn't offended in the slightest and we had a reasonable conversation surrounding what the ‘stink' actually was.
I'd probably buy some off you for that price plus postage, too, given the chance.
It's always quite nice to have a decent conversation about fragrances. In fact, the most detailed one I've had was with one of my colleagues who's son is big(ish) into his fragrances by the sound of things. She's asked me a couple of times whether I have recommendations for 'something with a similar vibe to...', or 'for such-and-such an occasion'. Other colleagues have gone 'oh that's nice' or similar, but then say they usually 'wear' right guard sport or whatever the diddly underarm antiperspirant takes their fancy and is on offer...

Back
Top Bottom