Scenes from the South

And no, it's not me. But until recently this was the last stretch of an 8 mile run I regularly did from home.

DSC_1422.jpg

Beautiful pictures Fido. I too loved The Little Prince.
Have you read Johnathon Livingstone Seagull; it didn't make quite the impact of The Little Prince, but I liked it a lot. Unfortunately, as also happened with another favourite of mine Zen and the Art of Motor Cycle Maintenance, the author couldn't leave well enough alone, and had to go on to publish a much inferior follow up work.

I will let you know. I have made a habit of reading books suggested by friends. I have rarely been disappointed. My most demanding was Emile Zola's Les Rougon-Macquart. A small matter of 20 volumes set in France's second Empire. I'm still flogging through Hemingway's novels. What a man he was!

Golly Fido, you have more determination than me. Hemingway...I only read A Farewell to arms....it had a similar flavour to Testament of Youth, I thought.
We don't realise how lucky we are.

Fido said:
I'm still flogging through Hemingway's novels. What a man he was!
Indeed...Death in the Afternoon certainly changed my view of the bull fight as just ritualised bloodsport.

ummm. Is it called Alum bay for good reason?

Alum Bay is so called from the large quantities of alum mined here as early as the 16th cent. Alum Chine Dorset, also on record from the 18th cent., alludes to mining of the same mineral, used in paper-making and leather-tanning. Courtesy of google!

Looking back on this thread is a reminder of what happens when you remove pics from an image hosting site.

An interesting pic taken by my a niece who lives in Shoreham. Not sure where the photo was taken.

882783_10151847091404278_1113987248_o.jpg

Back
Top Bottom