Saturday 31st October to Friday 6th November 2020.

Date:- 01 November 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- PAA ~ Gondolier CK-6
Razor/Blade:- Muhle Rocca R96 v4.0 / Voskhod #2
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (30 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)

Since I've kept the previous Rocca v2.0, I've swapped the handle over from the R94 to R96.

The R94 is slightly heavier than the R96 handle, however, the R96 felt grippier than the R94 and the R96 handle felt more comfortable holding in my hand. I find the R94 with a slightly heavier handle has more balance and comfort control during the entire shave.

2HZRYjJ.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Rudy Vey Shavemac Three-band Silvertip Briar
Cream: Kapo Fresh
Razor: Wolfman WR1
Blade: Polsilver Wizamet Brown (3)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel; Pinaud Clubman Vanilla Aftershave Splash
Scent: B&M Leviathan EdT

Some Bulgarian goodness - love Kapo Fresh cream.

[IMG]

Two Pass Shaving Routine..
[IMG]

Hot Water Prep & Massage with Argan Oil
F.W. Engels Trade Solingen Fulll Hollow 6/8th
Mason Pearson
Wickam 1912 Soap
Humphreys Witch Hazel

I Had a Very Close Shave Today with My F.W Engels Trade Solingen 6/8th..Almost Impossible to Acquire these Wonderful F.W Engels Razors in Europe..I Have Three of Em & they are Impeccable Shavers & Very Hone Friendly..Well Worth the Trouble of Importing them from the USA..
:D

I Am Dolphin Smooth & Refreshed..
[IMG]

Billy..
:chores016:

Sun 1st November

Stirling Syn 26mm
P & B Pall Mall
Occams-Oren/ plate3
Feather Proguard ( 5 )
Floid Vigoroso A/S Lotion

As between rotations went for a laid back Sunday morning Shave. I chose the compact Oren which is surprisingly manouvreable and always delivers a top notch finish.

IMG_1152.jpg

Rather excited about Wickham's new flavour, but somewhat disappointed to hear that Citrus Musk is to be discontinued ...

... and so:

Sunday 1st November

Wash up with Ach Brito Glyce
Lather up with WIckham's Citrus Musk & Omega 10098
Shave with Yaqi Katana & Shark Stainless
One pass to rip off 9 days and a second to catch any stragglers ...
Hot Rinse & Cold Rinse
Liberal splash of Pinaud Citrus Musk

Champion!

Sotd-1-11-20.jpg

Prep - facial wash
razor - Katana
blade - Med Prep (8)
brush - Semogue Owners's Club 2012 - mixed badger and boar
soap - De Vergulde Hand stick
post - witch hazel
a/s - RR Santa Maria Del Fiore
balm - De Vergulde Hand
scent - none.

The DVH soap seems to fly a bit below the radar here - plenty vocal fans of La Toja, Valobra, Lea and Palmolive sticks - all excellent products - I own them myself - I suspect that this might be because it is not that easily available in the UK - no such problems for me - my best mate's partner is Dutch - she gets them - there is a tub version, in addition to a menthol variant - for us when back home seeing the family in Leiden. Cheap as chips - the brand is a national institution - as Palmolive in Britain - La Toja to the Spanish - what everyone's grandfather used. Very much comparable to the likes of Lea, La Toja - it just works - with a minimum of expense and fuss - just paint it onto your bristles like a crayon - and then set about it with a well soaked or damp brush - wetter than you think - the sixth in the ingredient list is kaolin clay - thirsty, thirsty thirsty. That being said - that is why the slickness is so good. It doesn't smell of much - other than soap - but at the price point I wouldn't expect it too - if you need Peruvian balsam or Madagascan vanilla in the profile - look elsewhere. The matching balm - is incredibly thick - more like a full on moisturiser - having spent time in the Netherlands in winter - the wind rips down from the North or Baltic Sea - stripping the life out your skin - I can understand why they make it this way. I've just spent the last two days wandering about in a storm - and this stuff is the perfect top coat for winter. I love the Dutch landscape in the dead of winter - it might appear a bit oppressive - a leaden sky - that seems to pull down - with more gravity than normal - but in the foreground - there are always - the ever present strips of water - catching silver - in the low angled light. Bottom line - tulips, the best pickled herring I have ever eaten and - the only country in the world - I'm 6'4 - I'm not considered tall - well done the Dutch. An over elaborated description of a great shave - I wish the same to you all - yours - I.

Back
Top Bottom