Sunday 3rd

OSP Grapefruit and Menthol
RazoRock Plissoft 24mm synth
Face lather
Merkur 37C
Wizamet Iridium
Thayer's Rose Petal and Aloe Vera
Fine Snake Bite after shave

Quite the wake up. What a great shave! My first time with the Wizamet blades; I don't know if they're the same as the Polsilvers, but they feel different. Very smooth. One of those shaves you keep checking to see if a blade's in.

I do know that these blades get compared to the harder-to-find Łódź ones and found wanting. All I can say is that those must be phenomenally good; for the Wizamet just gave me a tremendous 2 pass face feeler, used in conjunction with the slant and OSP.

06C670EE-6877-4933-A1D3-8FB52560051E.jpeg

20210103_160141.jpg20210103_160219.jpg
SOTD 3rd Jan
Razor - Gillette H1 Slim adjustable setting 7 and 5
Blade - Astra SP #4
Brush- Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Soap - OSP Urban Viking
Post - Lea 3in1 ASB

Great 3 passes, soap provides great scent and super slick to boot. Final use of the blade i think. Hadn't used this blade for nearly 2 years but glad I dug a couple of packs out from deep in the Den. The Lea ASB gave a nice hint of menthol too.
Stay safe people.

Sunday AM 2021-01-03
Congress Convenes
N5PMY7O.jpg

Rooney Polo 2 Ivory Finest (28/60)
Acqua di Parma Colonia soft shaving soap (vintage)
Haircut & Shave P076-SB 17-4/Triad Aristocrat Black
Gillette Super Stainless 'Spoiler' (6)
Acqua di Parma Colonia aftershave
3vCC1ZD.jpg

Sunday 3rd January

Soap - Ach Brito Mogno
Brush - YaqI Chianti 24mm Synthetic
Razor - Rockwell 6C R3
Blade - Gillette Silver Blue (1)
Post - Brut Sport Style Aftershave

It's been a while since I last used my 6C.
R3 plate paired with a fresh Silver Blue, and the excellent (and very cheap) Ach Brito Mogno soap made this morning's shave pass in comfort and without mishap
If you haven't used this soap, you're missing out - it really is that good.

Sunday 3rd January

ACtC-3dLoDUl15bXmkEtZAoqA-R9ih1RMpWyEO6EsyoRG3brH5mY8gqbykkAsNDs69ZxG0D0CY_47dBxuT2pnQT6opa9o-unWTQVvWhy5wR9t41grF0zmh5_khTEOpv0sGWjzno8o0Gw8T4lU_EvwrBXZzbLaQ=w800

Wash with L'Oreal Men Extra Hydra Energetic Face Wash
Lather up with RazoRock Puros & Haryali w/Black Badger Synthetic 22mm
Two pass shave with Muhle Rocca R95 & PermaSharp Super (2)
Hot Rinse, Cold Rinse & RazoRock Puros Aftershave​

Delightful! So much so, I made a second pass I was enjoying it so much ...

Fun to use this brush again. I have two of these which are quite different to much else on the market for synthetics - these are so-called Black Badger synthetic fibre and a lot different to the brown (horse clone) and black (very soft) fibres out there. It has a lot of scritch and really suits face lathering. The handle is solid plasticised porcelain, weighty and holds heat when immersed in hot water.

Good evening everyone.

Soap - Rossini
Brush - Omega Bristle
Razor - Yaqi DOC
Blade - Gillette 7 O'clock Yellow #1
Post - Myrsol Emulsion
Splash - Rossini

I know nothing about this soap and splash whatsoever other than I bought it about three years ago and I know not where!!
This is the 2nd time I've used the soap after not being impressed with it the first time round. Three years later and the scent had somewhat diminished from the tub but did grow somewhat with the lather.
I was actually impressed with the performance of it with the Omega this evening.
The blade and razor worked well and after two and a half passes I'm extremely smooth.
The scent on the soap and splash is Aniseed and the splash is rather nice although longtivity is not great. It does have a medicinal feel about it.

All in all I'm quite pleased with tonight's shave, this soap was going to go in the bin if it didn't perform.

Have a great upcoming week everyone and stay safe.

D1551BC6-5852-45B9-B14B-E76496BD5BCD.jpeg

Last edited:
Sotd-03-01-21.jpg

Today -

prep - facial scrub
razor - ATT Calypso - R plate
blade - Med Prep (3)
soap - Vitos Supercrema - tallow
brush - Stirling two-band fan
post - witch hazel
a/s - Epsilon blue
balm - Floid
scent - Homme de Caron

All good - hadn't reached for the Vitos Supercrema in a while - I'm glad I did. Super easy to lather and my skin loves it - a tallow soap - soft - but not as soft as Cella - thankfully the former still has animal fat in the formulation - unlike the latter. I would have thought that the Supercrema would have been firmly in the sights of the reformulation police - but you still get it from Connaught - the tub seen above is from them - handy - otherwise it only comes in a kilo block. Guess what it smells of? - yup - you are right - almonds - so - if the idea of shaving with the soap equivalent of a Bakewell tart nauseates you - I'd give it a wide berth. For me - a fantastic post feel - helped no end by the admirable Epsilon splash and Floid balm. A good way to start the shaving year. Enjoy yours - cheers - I.

Last edited:
Sunday morning's shave was brought to you with the theme 'A tale of two shaves'

First half - Vintage

IMG_20210103_104034.jpg

Madame Defarge - Maestro ?/8
Alexandre Manette - Yaqi Dandelion
Marquise St Evremonde - ADP Collezione

Second half - modern

IMG_20210103_104204.jpg

Jarvis Lorry - Brass Colonial General
John Barsad - Feather Super Professional
Miss Pross - Yaqi Dandelion
Sydney Carton - ADP Collezione

Some dodgy names going on here

The shave to cover so many sins. And don't tell me about sins! An entry on 'Vintage January' and an SOTD.

It started off with the Maestro straight as I continue to try master these objects of desire. Desire being a desire to achieve maximum collateral damage. And follow up with the brass General to polish up what rough edges remained. Which equated to being quite a bit.

Actually not a bad show for the straight with the usual cheeks turning in a reasonable act and the neck turning in a not-so-reasonable act. No blood and no sweat and no tears, to be somewhat reminiscent of a 70's disco group. Nothing at the end of the day the brass couldn't sort out and end results being very pleasing. In fact very, very pleasing.

So smooth four flowery maidens lured me in to their lair and mischievous minds. Tip top chaps

Have a great week ahead and may all and your families be healthy and well. And stay that way.

And to start your week have five (yes five!) flowery Japanese maidens and a trip to Utopia

And what do you know about Madame Defarge? Please read in the style of Arnold Brown. :) - Nice Chaplin - as opposed to nice chaplain - an entirely different proposition. More Aldious - I'll forgive you anything. I.

What do I know about Madame Defarge? What do I know!?

A tireless revolutionary, some blokes wife and a name which sounds like a brothel keeper.

Jack shit in reality

Last edited:
Mon 4th SE SOTD
Soap Stirling Orange Chill
Brush Yaqi 26mm Orange Black Synthetic
Razor GEM Push Button
Blade GEM Stainless 7th use
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Thayers + Hyaluronic + Reuzel Wood & Spice
Truly awesome quality lather from the soap. Thickly creamy and reasonably slick....the scent and cooling sensation is great!
Shave with razor paired with the blade is getting better and more comfortable with more uses...amazing! Had a very smooth 3pass shave without any issues for a between bbs to dfs/ccs result. Excellent post & aftershaves.
Rating 9.5/10. Today marks the day I truly enjoyed using the Push-Button...mostly due to the blade!
20210104_090329.jpg

Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Ash Wood 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Noble Otter ~ Firefighter
Razor/Blade:- Muhle Rocca R94 / Gillette Stainless (red & white pack) #10
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Hugo Boss (Original)

Back
Top Bottom