PreShave: Warm to hot water—most from the boiled kettle, some from the tap
Cream: T&H Sandalwood
Brush: Kent BK8
Bowl: My recycled T&H cream bowl
Razor: Futur (3.0, 2.5, 2)
Blade Astra Platinum (3)
Post Shave: Alum

Fragrance: none—work day
I've worked with predominantly men for the last thirty six years and (that's) never stopped me using aftershave or cologne, sometimes asked the name of a particular scent too!

04/01/21
Vintage Month Razor #04
Pre: Shower
Brush: Simpson Chubby 2
Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat
Razor: Ever Ready HFT Natural Angle
Blade: GEM PTFE S/S (7)
Post shave: Alum, Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm: Barts Balm Lime Balm & Lotion
Aftershave: Vintage Ferd. Mülhens Vintage 4711 EDC
Wk1  (3) Mon.JPG
A really nice shave today with the Heavy Flat Top.
A great lather from the MWF and Chubby Synth, so easy to get a good lather from a good synth.
3 easy, comfortable, very efficient passes leaving me BBS, soft and comfortable.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All

Sunday 3rd January

ACtC-3dLoDUl15bXmkEtZAoqA-R9ih1RMpWyEO6EsyoRG3brH5mY8gqbykkAsNDs69ZxG0D0CY_47dBxuT2pnQT6opa9o-unWTQVvWhy5wR9t41grF0zmh5_khTEOpv0sGWjzno8o0Gw8T4lU_EvwrBXZzbLaQ=w800

Wash with L'Oreal Men Extra Hydra Energetic Face Wash
Lather up with RazoRock Puros & Haryali w/Black Badger Synthetic 22mm
Two pass shave with Muhle Rocca R95 & PermaSharp Super (2)
Hot Rinse, Cold Rinse & RazoRock Puros Aftershave​

Delightful! So much so, I made a second pass I was enjoying it so much ...

Fun to use this brush again. I have two of these which are quite different to much else on the market for synthetics - these are so-called Black Badger synthetic fibre and a lot different to the brown (horse clone) and black (very soft) fibres out there. It has a lot of scritch and really suits face lathering. The handle is solid plasticised porcelain, weighty and holds heat when immersed in hot water.
Very nice setup! Can I ask how's the Puros soap and AS scent? Are both similar and matching?

AP Shaveco Synbad
Gillette Slim Adjustable (4,4,3)
Łódź Polsilver (1)
Speick stick
Humphrey's witch hazel
Speick Active a/s lotion

Faultless performance. Speick soap has all the qualities you need to produce a high quality shave.
I really could just shave with this set up and be very happy.
Never gonna happen though...

Happy New Year, enjoy your shaves and stay safe.

@Blademonkey, great to see you back.
E54AD81B-9863-4E2B-B00C-C5C7216420FF.jpeg

4th Jan

Cella
RazoRock Disrupter 22mm synth
Face lather
Feather Artist Club SS
Feather Professional
Alum
Thayer's Rose Petal and Aloe Vera
Proraso Sandalwood after shave

I can't remember the last time I used Cella. It must have been a while; as it still contains beefiness. The issue of tallow/non-tallow is one of indifference to me; as I genuinely can't tell the difference between soaps that do contain it and those that don't. However, this variant really is good soap; and gave plenty slickness and protection from ye Feather.

*edited to highlight that Cella is still currently producing its soap with tallow (from what I've seen - happy to be corrected).

8A4F3F03-0647-4766-9B29-7F0A4C600397.jpeg

Last edited:
SOTD, 04 January 2021

Pre-shave:
Hot shower, Kiehl's Facial Wash, followed by cold water splash.
Soap: Martin de Candre Fougere.
Brush: Shavemac 'The Flat Top' Silvertip.
Razor: Rex Ambassador (1.5).
Blade: Treet Platinum (Day 2).
Post: Cold water splash, Musgo Real Aftershave, followed by Musgo Real Aftershave Balm.

Whipped up a lovely protective lather with the MDC and let the goodness soak into my skin - 3 passes later (WTG, and XTG (left and right)) and a DFS+/BBS- finish with no issues to report.

The focus of the shave was preperation - keeping it simple, I spent more time than usual on soaking my face with cold water, on applying the lather, and letting it soak in before the shave - nice and smooth.

The Mugso aftershave, followed by the balm was a nice way to finish everything off.

All the best,

Chris

Sunday 3rd January

Soap - Ach Brito Mogno
Brush - YaqI Chianti 24mm Synthetic
Razor - Rockwell 6C R3
Blade - Gillette Silver Blue (1)
Post - Brut Sport Style Aftershave

It's been a while since I last used my 6C.
R3 plate paired with a fresh Silver Blue, and the excellent (and very cheap) Ach Brito Mogno soap made this morning's shave pass in comfort and without mishap
If you haven't used this soap, you're missing out - it really is that good.

What's the scent like on the Mogno @Paul L ? My tiny mind can't equate "marine" with "woodsy" as per the official description :geek::unsure:

SOTD, 04 January 2021

Pre-shave:
Hot shower, Kiehl's Facial Wash, followed by cold water splash.
Soap: Martin de Candre Fougere.
Brush: Shavemac 'The Flat Top' Silvertip.
Razor: Rex Ambassador (1.5).
Blade: Treet Platinum (Day 2).
Post: Cold water splash, Musgo Real Aftershave, followed by Musgo Real Aftershave Balm.

Whipped up a lovely protective lather with the MDC and let the goodness soak into my skin - 3 passes later (WTG, and XTG (left and right)) and a DFS+/BBS- finish with no issues to report.

The focus of the shave was preperation - keeping it simple, I spent more time than usual on soaking my face with cold water, on applying the lather, and letting it soak in before the shave - nice and smooth.

The Mugso aftershave, followed by the balm was a nice way to finish everything off.

All the best,

Chris
Find a difference with the cold water, Chris? I use it constantly. The only downside is freezing hands :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom