S.O.T.D. Saturday 9th July to Friday 15th July 2016

Saturday AM 2016-07-09

Georgetown Pottery G20 scuttle
D7 Shavemac 2-Band Silvertip (25mm/50mm)
Ralph Lauren Safari shaving soap (tallow)
Hybrid Delta Echo-Stock Feather AS-D2/Triad Satin Aristocrat
Wilkinson Light Brigade (5)
Ralph Lauren Safari aftershave (vintage)
JTW5Z4F.jpg

27583374244_b3dd217121_z.jpg

TABAC soap, MÜHLE 33K257 brush, Gillette Rocket HD, Elios Inoxidable blade & TABAC original AS to finish.

A dull picture for a shave that was anything but! Was my first go with the Rocket HD... And I thought all old Gillettes were mild, hmm not this one. Easily my closest DE shave yet, the Merkur 37C is a mere kitten in comparison. Some minor irritations on the neck but that's likely due to using the wrong angle (still getting used to the TTO head.)

Proraso green cream
Omega boar
Rocnel SE
Polsilver SI
Myrsol emulsion
Oh yeah, nearly forgot, alum, plenty of alum

Nice and slow, full of concentration shave this morning and the Rocnel still managed to bite me in a couple of places. Just can't seem to go xtg under my jawline without the blade ends catching. Other than that, it was lovely and smooth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SV 'Manna de Sicilia
Neep beehive extra dense badger
ATT S1 Kronos
Bic Chrome Platinum (4)
Bond No.9 'Bleecker Street '(sample)

No fuss smooth shave, glad I didn't buy a bottle of the cologne as it is a non entity scent.($230 per bottle)
For me, Bleecker Street is one of my favourite scents from Bond No. 9 @Wazzer3 . It does get a lot of hate for being somewhat ‘synthetic' & I would agree a little. I can understand why it's not for everyone as well.

Sun 10th July
Omega 10026 boar
Williams Ice Blue Cream
Schick J3 Golden 500
Schick " Chick" [6 ]
Alum Rub
Williams A.V . Ice Blue A/S

Got a bit of sunburn so chose razor which I knew was a smooth performer. After a few days using razors with twin blades ,
I expected an OK shave. How wrong I was, I had previously though that the extra length of the razor made it easy to move around all shaving areas , today was no exception. In what seemed no time at all, I got one of the smoothest and most easy
injector shaves the I have ever had. Of the Schicks [ modern] that I have, this is the best performer with a single blade, and I have not yet tried any NOS ones or the Japanese Schick.

IMG_0731.jpg

Back
Top Bottom