S.O.T.D. Saturday 7th October to Friday 13th October 2017

Prep: Cold water
Brush: Semogue 2000
Cream: Omega - tube
Razor: Gillette Slim (@3)
Blade: Polsilver - 3
Balm: aloe vera, jojoba oil, sweet almond oil
AS: Bellos bay rum

This combo produced a very nice, close shave. Really like the Slim with the Polsilver. Finding the Omega wonderful stuff, too.

This balm formula, Beta 8.7, is much better than my other iterations. I'd be the first to admit I was way off base with the other attempts. No more double vision or hallucinations and, get this, the crowd I hang around with points out that it may eliminate liver spots.

Monday AM 2017-10-09

Georgetown Pottery G12 Scuttle (Hamada and Persimmon)
Paladin Somerset Falstaff (28mm/53mm)
Penhaligon's Castile shaving cream (vintage)
Charcoal Goods Brass L1/Triad Brass Hexagon Helix
Polsilver Super Iridium (8)
Penhaligon's Castile aftershave (vintage)
OMNtI5b.jpg

SOTD

First time using the Feather Artist Club SS with a Kai Captain Titan Mild Pink Blade and I've gotta say it was awesome...few weepers but was to be expected !!

Bowl Saponificio Varesino Grail Lathering Bowl

Brush
Wolf whiskers 25mm black wolf fan knot

Razor
Oneblade with the Feather FHS-10-Hi Stainless ( just for a few touch ups at the end )

Soap
Wholly Kaw Fern Concerto (sample)

Post shave
Thayers Lemon Witch Hazel
Nivea 2 phase aftershave lotion
Nivea protect and care replenishing post shave balm

Really enjoyed it super smooth shave, can't wait to use the Feather Artist Club again !!

SOTD: 09/10/2017

Prep: warm shower
Razor: Merkur 34C
Blade: Astra Superior Platinum 1st use
Brush: Vulfix boar
Soap: TOBS St James shaving stick
Post-shave: warm water, cold water, Windrose alum block, Simpsons Aftershave Balm

20171009_174730.jpg

Thanks to Mike @MikeyJ for the TOBS St James shaving stick.

The Merkur 34C with Astra Superior Platinum is my favourite combination and always a joy when it comes around in my rotation. :)

Monday evening...

Soap - Phoenix and Beau Baskerville
Brush - RazoRock Plissoft 24mm
Face lather
Razor - Ever Ready 1912 'Bathroom Set'
Blade - Gem SS
Post - Thayer's Rose Petal and Aloe Vera
Balm - BBA
Smell - Encre Noire EdT
IMG_0232.JPG

Tarry, birchy, tallowy goodness from the P&B. It blends well with the Black Ink. I read somewhere that if Max Schreck in Murnau's 1922 Nosferatu wore a scent, this would be it.

Nice smooth performance from the 1912, naturally, and a lovely post-shave feel from BBA.

SOTD: 09/10/2017

Prep: warm shower
Razor: Merkur 34C
Blade: Astra Superior Platinum 1st use
Brush: Vulfix boar
Soap: TOBS St James shaving stick
Post-shave: warm water, cold water, Windrose alum block, Simpsons Aftershave Balm

View attachment 29898

Thanks to Mike @MikeyJ for the TOBS St James shaving stick.

The Merkur 34C with Astra Superior Platinum is my favourite combination and always a joy when it comes around in my rotation. :)
Good combo. The 34c was my first 'real' razor; and an Astra SP pairs well.

Monday night;

9037_F314-4_DDB-4609-90_ED-_B10_F6_E3716_DC.jpg

Supply ••
Schick B-20 (#1)
Cosmo
RR BC Synth
Cosmo a/s

I rarely shave two days running but couldn't resist with the landing of my B-20s. They are sharp, they are smooth! They're a certain step-up from the Ted Pellas which ship with this razor. Cosmo did a great job and all was going well until I thought “I wonder whether this razor is good ATG on my neck”. The answer is always no and this was no exception. Fortunately, I reacted quickly enough to mitigate any real damage. Two weepers which quickly stopped. In future it'll be two passes and done! Very impressed with this razor though, especially with these blades! (@micheal)

Next, next, next!

Back
Top Bottom