S.O.T.D. Saturday 7th October to Friday 13th October 2017

SOTD: 13/10/2017

Prep: warm shower, Edwin Jagger Hydrating Pre Shave Lotion
Razor: Razorock Hawk head on the Parker 24C handle
Blade: Feather Pro 1st use
Brush: Edwin Jagger Best Badger
Cream: Edwin Jagger Shaving Cream Cooling Menthol using Giles Shaving bowl
Post-shave: warm water, cold water, Thayers Witch Hazel Unscented, BBA Post Shave Balm, D R Harris Freshening Cologne

20171012_183954.jpg

Thanks to Mike @Bandito for the D R Harris cologne.

I like the Razorock Hawk but wondered what it would be like with a different handle so did the frankenrazor thing. It has some weight and I like the feel of it. I'm not sure the Feather is right for me as on the second and third pass I got some weepers but those could just be the result of my immature technique with a SE. However BBS was the result. :)

I decided to use some samples I've had for a while as I have a day off work today. The Edwin Jagger products performed very well - the brush whipping the cream into copious amounts of lather - probably enough to shave a Highland cow - if you can get close enough. :) Good protection and slickness from the lather and a good menthol hit. The BBA post shave balm was excellent.

A great way to begin a day of work! :D

Last edited:
Morning tidy-up;

4D726263-72CF-4BAF-A422-A37B5BC41496.jpg

Supply SE ••
B-20 (#3)
Magnum face soap
Magnum shave soap
Midas synthetic
BBA PSB

Quick tidy-up before work with the Supply SE. I'm finding it simple to use this time round with a bit of experience under my belt. Coupled with the B-20 makes very light work of any stubble, even on its 3rd outing. I've also seen no need to move up or down a plate number, but as always I'm curious as to how it'd affect my shave. Light tingling post-shave so smarted up with some BBA PSB. I'm attributing the tingle to time between shaves, as I'm going 4 or 5 days between, currently. The Wickham Magnum face soap is exceptionally glycerin-heavy and slick as sleeves (a wet-shaving adaptation on 'thick as thieves'). All-in-all, very tidy and smooth. (@micheal)

Who's next in line then, chaps?

image.jpg ~SOTD~ Friday 13th October

Prep ~ Shower, Birch tar soap
Razor ~ Rockwell 6c on 6
Blade ~ Personna Red
Soap ~ Traditional shaving co ~ Leodis
Brush ~ Razorock ~ Italian Barber
Scuttle ~ Giles Shaving Co
Post ~ BBA PSB
Scent ~ Molecule 01

A quick and easy shave today, the 6c is fool proof and you could shave in the dark with it, which is no bad thing! The Trad Shaving cream on test is very good indeed, a silky slick lather with a great scent, I won't put so much in the scuttle next time, I had enough lather to shave ten men! All in all a very good shave, close, clean and tidy. BBA PSB followed by a spray of Molicule 01......very nice :)

Thanks going out to @Wayne Pritchard for the loan of his 6c and to @traditionalshaving for the tub of Leodis. Both much appreciated. :)

Friday the 13th, let's be careful out there!.....:)

Last edited:
13/10/17

Soap - Cella
Brush - Omega 80265
Razor - DE89
Blade - Polsilver SI (4)
Post - Benjamin's Bay Rum

I'm beginning to understand why the Polsilver SI is so highly rated, the degradation of sharpness in the 4 shaves I has been very gradual if at all and it's possibly as smooth a blade as I have used. The reunification with the Omega boar brush and my chubby cheeks has been very enjoyable.

Fri 13th October.

Vulfix 404 mixed
Tabac soap
Ever Ready Chrome SE - From " Ambassador" Set
Gem S/S [ 4 ]
Alum Rub/Rinse off
Tabac A/S lotion

Having had 3 great shaves of Re discovery with the British ER1912, I turned to my favourite the Ever Ready SE, widely known as the "Streamline".

I got to like it in my early days of SE Shaving as I like its Weight. Many folk like its looks but say it is too heavy and aggressive. I find that by using a very light touch and no pressure, that weight just shears through stubble efficiently. I like the feel of the Razor in my hand and have no problems manoeuvring it around all areas to be shaved. I really enjoyed todays Shave which seemed relatively quick, and resulted in a nice close all round finish with no mishaps or post shave problems.

IMG_0015.jpg

q6PC8lNB_o.jpg

Razorock 400
Parker 65R
Personna Super (1)
Extro Pirata
Alum Block, Thayers Rose, Myrsol Emulsion & Extro Pirata

One of those shaves today, ended up with several weepers so used an alum block for the first time in I'd guess 18 months. To be honest no sting at all aside from the weeper areas. A nice shave aside from that. Love the Extro Pirata, a Top 5 for me.

Pre: Warm water face wash
Brush: Semogue 1470 Boar
Soap: Lea Classic
Razor: Gillette SR 1918
Blade: Vintage Gillette Platinum plus
IMG_20171013_160049.jpg

After yesterday's great shave with the MMOC, I could only think of one DE OC (I own) to attempt to come close.
The Single Ring and the Platinum plus blade did not let me down. And, along with the 1470 and the Lea soap and splash, it shows you don't need to spend a fortune to get a great shave.
Best DE shave of the week :)

Back
Top Bottom