S.O.T.D. Saturday 7th - Friday 13th March 2015, incl.

DevonStan said:
I can't remember if we compared notes about the heat shrink on a previous occasion...was yours the clear 12mm stuff?

If we did I you would know that my Progress has the 15mm black, textured tubing....but more to the point it doesn't get water under it (between the tubing and the handle) as I ran a thick(ish) film of clear silicone sealant up the length of the handle before sliding the tubing on. Works a treat but mine's black and yours is (probably) clear(ish) so you may or may not see the silicone showing through, thus not improving its looks.

Should you want to have a go at sealing it you will know that silicone sealer is cheap as chips but you might want to check that you use one that claims to be non bacterial and/or anti fungicidal type stuff. Or you would also most likely know that Fernox LSX would do the same job albeit in a smaller and dearer tube but definitely is not going to cause bacterial/fungicidal issues.

Just in case you haven't used it, LSX is handy to have in your garage/shed as it's got a thousand uses for sealing things. Some plumbers use a thin film on the olives on compression joints instead of PTFE tape or Boss White (or if you're especially cautious ...in addition to PTFE).

You probably knew all this.

Yes mine was the 12.7mm clear tubing (you can see it on the Progress handle in my SOTD photo), this size only just fits around the handle prior to shrinking.

Thanks for the info, Stan. I didn't know about LSX. I did think about using silicone sealant prior to the heat-shrink tubing but thought I'd just use the tubing and see what happens. It's quite possible the moisture might stay under the tubing and just never dry out so v2 may be to use your sealant idea. I do have some clear anti-fungal sealant so I could try with that. I might even hunt down some yellow tubing to match the knob, that would look psychedelic.

I'll live with what I've got for a couple of weeks and see how it copes.

They do some yellow here....

http://www.heatshrink-online.co.uk/heatshrink/prod_340133-127mm-Diameter-Yellow-Heat-Shrink.html

Mine came from Hilltop. This seems to be the stuff I used...but in yellow. Mine was 20mm and is a generous fit but does shrink down.

http://www.hilltop-products.co.uk/heat-shrink-tubing/heat-shrink-single-wall/nsh.html#.VPst1XysXK0

7 March 2015 Shave

16556559530_98ce8267f3_o.png

NSS Bamboo & White Grape
Omega 49
Progress [4, 2.5]
Lada [1]
Adidas Pure Game AS
BS MR Face Protector
Lovely smooth shave from the Lada, but left with a but of irritation on the neck.

SOTD - Saturday afternoon
Pre: RazoRock menthol/lime soap
Cream: Miller Harris "Feuilles de Tabac"
Brush: Vie Long 13065 horse hair
Razor 1: Wadsworth XLNT
Razor 2: Ikon DLC OC Deluxe w/Tuckaway handle
Blade: Wilkinson Sword [NOS UK "Light Brigade"] (6)
Post: Thayer's Original witch hazel, followed by ABC "Tabacco Verde" balm & Miller Harris "Feuilles de Tabac" EdT
Naked woman in the bathroom again? Don't mind if I do. Good God almighty I love this cream! This brush is a little floppy but it EXCELS at lathering creams in a bowl. Wow! The Ikon didn't have much left to clean up after the XLNT.

51142FDD-2B37-45ED-B517-25250FDCE157_zpsozlkxmfm.jpg

Soap: Petal Pusher Fancies Honeysuckle Soap
Brush: Edwin Jagger Best Badger Brush
Razor: ATT Atlas R1
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Platinum (2)
Post: Proraso Post Shave Cream & a bit of Myrsol Emulsion
Scent: Olfactive Studio Still Life EdP

Nice shave earlier... Petal Pusher Fancies or Phoenix continues to be one of my favourite soaps.

Prep: Sauna
Brush: Kent BK 8
Razor: Friodur
Soap: Jabonman Citricus
AS: Myrsol Lemon
Strops: Neil Miller + Mick Rhys
Result: Very, very clean :D

Such a nice blade, allways feels like you get a very clean and crispy shave and the brush (new to me) is a nice surprise, not as floppy as I thought (my Vie-Long is way more floppy).

Sapone : Lebelle Soaps Raspberry Lemonade
Pennello : Morris & Forndran 2XL
Rasoio : Boeker Elite 6/8
Strop : Paciccella
AS : Floid The Genuine

image.php

image.php

Greetings

Sunday 8th March 2015
Prep: Shower
Razor: Gillette 'New'
Blade: Treet 'Black Beauty' Carbon
Brush: Semogue OC 2012 SE Mixed
Soap: Speick Stick Grated
Aftershave: Astral Cream (light)
EDT: Lapidus Pour Homme

Regards
Dick.

DSC05965.JPG

Sunday 8th March

Neutrogena Soap- pre shave wash
Victoria P /B Brush
Proraso Green Cream
Gem Junior Baton Handle
Gem S/S [ 3 ]
La Toja A /S Lotion

Loaded up on 3, the Gem Junior was a joy to use [ the Handle deceives ], so easy to move around the face,very good in neck area. No need again for Alum/Balm.

Saturday:

Dreadful shave: I tried face-lathering again and I simply had too little water (to avoid lather flying all over the bathroom) and Tabula Rasa needs plenty so the blade pulled like a train, close but very unpleasant.

Sunday:

Back to bowl lathering and a fantastic shave. So much eaiser to get the lather right in a bowl for me.

I think the Aqua Balsamica works well with the TB Dark Lavender, less so with the Dezember but I much prefer the Dezember scent. Not to say the Dark Lavender is bad but the Dezember is great.

Murdock Pre Shave Oil
Castle Forbes Cedarwood & Sandlewood Cream
Semogue 2010 Ltd
K & H 15/16
Santa Maria Novella ASB
Lalique pour Homme EDP

Back
Top Bottom