S.O.T.D. Saturday 7th - Friday 13th March 2015, incl.

Good morning from an occasionally sunny Singapore, this am.

HD & Super Iridiium
No. 98
PdP
Clarins
Vaseline

The trimmer is to tidy up just a bit the area over the ear(s).

Attachments

• sotd07.jpg
    sotd07.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 61
Sat 7th March 2015

Neutrogena Glyc Bar
Vulfix 404 mixed
Tabac Stick - face lathered
Gem MM Clog Pruf
Gem S/S [ 2 ]
Myrsol Antesol A/S

CP pulled a bit initially, then delivered excellent & comfortable shave, dispensed with
Alum & Balm. Face feels nice and taut.Used soap again, love smell of Tabac.

Greetings

Saturday 7th March 2015
Prep: Shower
Razor: Ever Ready 1924 Shovelhead
Blade: GEM Blue Star Carbon
Brush: Semogue 620 Boar
Soap: Speick Men Active
Aftershave: Astral Cream (light)
EDT: Boucheron Jaïpur

Regards
Dick.

DSC05963.JPG

Prep: Hot shower
Pre: Noxzema Cleansing cream
Soap: TOBS - St. James Collection cream
Bowl: Fine Accoutrements
Brush: Vie-Long Horse Hair 13061M
Razor: Merkur Progress @2, 1.5, 1
Blade: Gillette Rubie (1)
After: Speick Active AS, Sandalwood Skin Food

I've now put heat-shrink tubing around the Progress's handle to add more grip and it does completely change the feel of the razor. A lot more grippy texture to the hold of the razor, much more pleasant I think. The only issue is that the handle has ridges lengthways along the handle and the plastic tubing doesn't quite mould into those curves so that water can ingress under the tubing and stay like capillary action. I'll have to see if the water dries out over time.

TOBS Luxury St. James was one of the very first soaps I bought when I got into wet shaving. It's still has a fantastic barbershop scent and a great performer.
I think this Rubie blade might not be a good match with the Progress, just felt too sharp.

Have a great weekend, folks.

SOTD_150307_zpsil7erla7.jpg

Morning Gentlemen!

Prep - Proraso (green)
Razor - Ever Ready 1912 (British)
Blade - GEM Personna SE
Brush - Chubby 2
Soap - Klar Kabinett (face lather)
Post - florida Water asl / GFT Coral Skin Food
EDT - Molinard Lavande

Superb.
Have a good weekend.

Today I had the shaving equivalent of finding a long forgotten fiver in a jacket pocket... Half a bottle of Steve's Barbershop Bay Rum that I'd completely forgotten about!

Proraso green pre / post (must try the red sometime soon)
DR Harris Marlborough soap lathered using Vie Long mixed boar / horse
Wilkinson Sword Sticky / Rapira pink'n'blue
The fabled Steve's Barbershop Bay Rum
AOS Sandalwood Balm
Wonderwood EDT

Lovely shave, with a vaguely woody theme. The rum was every bit as good as I remembered and I can't recall why it fell out of regular usage.

Hope Steve's doing OK - nice bloke and a maker of excellent aftershave.

A little Myrsol emulsion to start and finish with its nice menthol feel and kept it going with the following :-

Gillette President (its never nicked me this one - Angel Shave every time)
Voskhod (1)
A brush I cant remember where I got - never surf whilst tipsy - it makes for surprising post the following week - but its 26mm silvertip
NSS Ice & A Slice
Kramperts Sub Zero

Skin is BRACED!

Have a good weekend everyone - I'm off to Conway for a walk

Ratty
[attachment=13251]

Attachments

• IMG_1017a.JPG
    IMG_1017a.JPG
    394 KB · Views: 26
Cold water splash
T&H 1805 shaving cream
M&F Urn in Blonde Badger
ATT R1 Kronos
Super Iridium (5)
Penhaligon's Opus 1870 ASB
Penhaligon's Opus 1870 EDT

Clean shaven and ready for a lovely spring day :)

Ratty said:
Gillette President (its never nicked me this one - Angel Shave every time)

Used the 1956 Diplomat just yesterday. Same shave as the Prez but in gold. Those are some of my favorite performing fixed head razors, along with the Aristo from the same family. Plus they're all real purty!

Martin

SATURDAY MORNING

Razor: Koraat 8/8 'Meat Chopper'
Strops: Waterhouse linen\leather, Westholme Cordovan
Brush: Omega boar
Soap: Stirling frozen tundra
AS: Lucky Tiger
Balm: GFT sandalwood skin food
EDT: GFT Eucris

Another superb shaving razor delivered by Ulrik.

That's 3 'custom-ish' new razors I've got (2 Koraats and one Mike Waterhouse) and each of them are superb. Easily the equivalent of my vintage razors.

fancontroller said:
Prep: Hot shower
Pre: Noxzema Cleansing cream
Soap: TOBS - St. James Collection cream
Bowl: Woodhead Pedestal
Brush: Vie-Long Horse Hair 13061M
Razor: Merkur Progress @2, 1.5, 1
Blade: Gillette Rubie (1)
After: Speick Active AS, Sandalwood Skin Food

I've now put heat-shrink tubing around the Progress's handle to add more grip and it does completely change the feel of the razor. A lot more grippy texture to the hold of the razor, much more pleasant I think. The only issue is that the handle has ridges lengthways along the handle and the plastic tubing doesn't quite mould into those curves so that water can ingress under the tubing and stay like capillary action. I'll have to see if the water dries out over time.

TOBS Luxury St. James was one of the very first soaps I bought when I got into wet shaving. It's still has a fantastic barbershop scent and a great performer.
I think this Rubie blade might not be a good match with the Progress, just felt too sharp.

Have a great weekend, folks.

SOTD_150307_zpsil7erla7.jpg

I can't remember if we compared notes about the heat shrink on a previous occasion...was yours the clear 12mm stuff?

If we did I you would know that my Progress has the 15mm black, textured tubing....but more to the point it doesn't get water under it (between the tubing and the handle) as I ran a thick(ish) film of clear silicone sealant up the length of the handle before sliding the tubing on. Works a treat but mine's black and yours is (probably) clear(ish) so you may or may not see the silicone showing through, thus not improving its looks.

Should you want to have a go at sealing it you will know that silicone sealer is cheap as chips but you might want to check that you use one that claims to be non bacterial and/or anti fungicidal type stuff. Or you would also most likely know that Fernox LSX would do the same job albeit in a smaller and dearer tube but definitely is not going to cause bacterial/fungicidal issues.

Just in case you haven't used it, LSX is handy to have in your garage/shed as it's got a thousand uses for sealing things. Some plumbers use a thin film on the olives on compression joints instead of PTFE tape or Boss White (or if you're especially cautious ...in addition to PTFE).

You probably knew all this.

Saturday

Afternoon, everyone.

Prep: Claus Porto's Lime-oil face soap
Razor: EJ DE89
Blade: Gillete Silver Blue (1)
Brush: Kabuki Bamboo
Shave soap: Wickham's Dandyism
Aftershave: Indian Old Spice
Cologne: L'Air du Desert Marocain

Absolutely superb shave and I smell terrific. Have a great weekend!

lSpSomp.jpg

Prep: Cold water splash
Soap: Tabac
Brush: SirBrian Oak Tulip 2 Band
Razor: Autostrop 1904-1906
Blade: Feather FHS
AS: Clubman Special Reserve

Great shave, I was expecting the Autostrop to be aggressive and unwieldy but it felt quite mild.

Back
Top Bottom