Sunday evening...

Soap - Proraso Sandalwood
Brush - RazoRock Plissoft 24mm synth.
Face lather
Razor - Fatip Piccolo
Blade - Astra Green SP
Post -Thayer's Rose Petal and Aloe Vera Witch Hazel
A/S - Proraso Sandalwood

Tremendous shave this evening. Very smooth and close with the Piccolo/Astra combo. As those know, though, taking time with the Piccolo pays dividends; rushing leads to blood-letting (hence an evening shave, rather than a potentially hurried morning one). The Piccolo is easily my favourite contemporary DE.

Have a great forthcoming week, Everyone.

A different league.....Bear in mind I've very limited experience of either.

I've only used the Feather Pro three times but found them to be a little rough, nothing major and they did smooth out but they left my face feeling raw. This could be down to a few things though. My first use of an AC type blade and SE razor.

I tried the Proline next and loved them straight away, very smooth and sharp.

I have used the Kai Captain mild and really liked it to.

I've only used the Kai Captain Mild with my RR Silverhawk and love them, but your comment made me curious about those Schick Proline... Could you please direct me to where you get them?

Sunday evening...

Soap - Proraso Sandalwood
Brush - RazoRock Plissoft 24mm synth.
Face lather
Razor - Fatip Piccolo
Blade - Astra Green SP
Post -Thayer's Rose Petal and Aloe Vera Witch Hazel
A/S - Proraso Sandalwood

Tremendous shave this evening. Very smooth and close with the Piccolo/Astra combo. As those know, though, taking time with the Piccolo pays dividends; rushing leads to blood-letting (hence an evening shave, rather than a potentially hurried morning one). The Piccolo is easily my favourite contemporary DE.

Have a great forthcoming week, Everyone.
My Fatip Grande is one of my favourite efficient razors..;)

Last edited:
I've only used the Kai Captain Mild with my RR Silverhawk and love them, but your comment made me curious about those Schick Proline... Could you please direct me to where you get them?

I bought them off eBay. I've just checked and the guy who sells them has run out of stock.

It's the first time I've bought them but apparently (a member who's used him before told me) he has stock on a regular basis (very few weeks I think). The service from him was excellent. Here's the item number
302298593465. Sorry it won't let me link to the page via my phone.
Here's a photo to look for on eBay

I believe @patw bought some a couple of days ago too.

Good luck.
Cheers
Rob

Travel shaving - last week's shaves. A tale of two - actually three - balms.

Razor - Ikon 101 head on a Braveheart handle
Blade - Gillette Super-Sharp 7 o'clock Green
Brush - Satin Tip the Purest
Soap - Williams cream - menthol/ice fresh
Post - Allum
A/S - None
Balm - Floid Balsamo - then swapped for alcohol free aloe vera gel.

Result - no problems at all. Hassle free and enjoyable shaves. I enjoy travel shaving - you concentrate on what you have with you and get on with it. For a while I wasn't sure what to make of the 101 head. Does anybody know which side is more aggressive? Counter-intuitively the safety bar might be more so than the open comb? Anyways - it's highly effective but mild in use for me. You would really have to try hard to cut yourself. I'm not a huge fan of synthetic brushes but the Satin Tip works well - ideal for being away, it drys within a few short hours of use and is ready to pack away safely. The handle is among the best I own. Nice ergonomics and easy to grip - it has a soft touch to it. I smeared some of the Williams into the knot and it made short work of an excellent lather. Nice cream - nice jolt of menthol. Cheap as chips in Spain. I started off using the new fragrance Floid Balsamo - 'nueva fragrancia masculina,' - according to the packaging. The scent has shifted to resemble the Floid Black after shave - no bad thing. The performance is just as good as the previous version - in my opinion. Latterly I picked up a bottle of aloe vera gel aftershave in a supermarket in Alicante. It comes in a pump dispenser bottle - what a brilliant product. Under three euros a hit - and super wonderful for my skin. Alcohol free. The find of the trip and a big 300 ml bottle - so it will last a while. Lastly - I found some Lebens Milch emulsion. Picked up a spare for myself and one for my shaving buddy. Hugely under the radar - it's made in Valencia and is comparable with Myrsol emulsion and - heresy - is even better for me. Also, it's two-thirds of the price. Addendum - Williams deodorant, several. Marvis toothpaste limited editions - which I had never seen before. I got the Royal - citrus and rose. Fantastic. mind you - at 11 euros for a tube of toothpaste it ought to be. Enjoy your shaves gentleman. I

[QUOT="Blackmass, post: 637803, member: 7419"]I bought them off eBay. I've just checked and the guy who sells them has run out of stock.

It's the first time I've bought them but apparently (a member who's used him before told me) he has stock on a regular basis (very few weeks I think). The service from him was excellent. Here's the item number
302298593465. Sorry it won't let me link to the page via my phone.
Here's a photo to look for on eBay

I believe @patw bought some a couple of days ago too.

Good luck.
Cheers
Rob[/QUOTE]

Ye I got them through the letter box yesterday very fast delivery.(three days ) I haven't tried the proline yet And I'm looking forward to giving them a bash.Good to know he has them back in stock in a regular basis Rob

v7pc81N.jpg

Pre-Shave: @khun_diddy Olive Oil Soap, cold water
Razor: BBS-1
Blade: Voskhod (1)
Brush: Doug Korn Epsilon 2-band
Lather: Australian Private Reserve Alfredus Choice
Post-shave: Alum, Stirling Bay Laurel Witch Hazel, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Scent: Australian Private Reserve Alfredus Choice EdP​

Alfredus day shave with - I hope you all have a stellar start into the new week!

SOTD 07-05-17
Stirling coniferous, Semogue 2000 bristle, ATT H1 Atlas, treet dura sharp (3), after shave Stirling Mountain man, EdT vetiver Puig. The Stirling, had while not use it, good aroma, intense Forest, I get a foam allowing shaving well but until then, feeling post shaved a performance average, this blade treet I shave well, I hard 3 shaved, I tried this sample as has a good aroma perceive herbal, I like, "hydrates" well, I close with this vetiver that is my preferred. Good Sunday friends.
b2f015909cf6a336978cae603038c972.jpg

Enviado desde mi XT1635-02 mediante Tapatalk

SOTD_20170508-1024x768.png

• Pre-Shave: Hawkins & Brimble
  • Safety Razor: Above The Tie - Atlas M1
  • Blade: Voskhod
  • Shaving Brush: Wolf Whiskers - Tuxedo (a.k.a. Black Wolf)
  • Shaving Bowl: Polish Bowl
  • Shaving Cream: Arko - Comfort
  • Alum: De Vergulde Hand - Alum Block
  • After-Shave: Saponificio Varesino - Tundra Artica - Balm
  • Fragrance: Proraso - Wood And Spice - Cologne

image.jpg SOTD 8th May

Pre.... Shower, BBA Shave oil
Razor....Supply SE #3 plate
Blade....Schick #5
Soap...Klar Seifen Classic
Brush....Semouge 2000
Post....Thayers lavender
EDC....Aqua Classica by Borsari

A fabulous shave with the Supply SE, helped along with the BBA Shave oil and this wonderful soap from Klar Seifen.
The sun is out so a good spray of Aqua Classica, summer in a bottle.

Have a great day People.......:)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom