ASB EUFROS Fougère​

KiSOa0Z.jpg

Sat'day...

Cream - Taylor of Old Bond Street Cedarwood
Brush - RazoRock Plissoft Disrupter 22mm
Bowl - Steve Woodhead Ceramics
Razor - Schick Injector E3
Blade - Personna Injector #2

I'd been meaning to replace my TOBS Sandalwood cream for a while (despite being more of a soap practicioner these days, I like to go back the creams now and again). So TOBS Cedarwood came today and I gave it a bash with yesterday's E3/Personna combo.

IMO, the same quality as the Sandalwood. An almond-sized snurdle is enough to generate more than enough cushiony, slick lather for 3 passes and a buffing. It has a lovely scent too; not overpowering but a nice citrusy, resiny opening that dies down to a cologne type finish. I didn't bother with a/s as I still like to catch a whiff of it now and again. So it's a keeper.

Have a great weekend guys.

S.
20170506_143253.jpg

Sat 6th May
Vulfix 404 mixed
Haslinger Honig
Ever Ready 1924
Gem coated 1/2 shim [ 3 ]
Alum Rub/Rinse Off
Floid Vigoroso A/S lotion

Coming back to a Vintage SE after Shaves with DE/Injectors/AC Single Edge makes one realise how easy they are to shave with. The likes of the ER 1924 demands care and attention and no rush during the whole shave, if you wish to be rewarded with a Good Shave. Chose the Haslinger as I know that it provides both the glide and cushion that allows you to use the 1924 to good effect, reducing the danger of nicks and irritation.

Very pleased with the finished Shave nice and close all-round, the equal of shaves obtained from the other Types. I think that by using SE s for some time before using Injectors and now AC type Razors has helped me develop the technique/patience needed to get fault free [ touch wood] shaves from the different razors that I use.

IMG_1277.jpg

Last edited:
BBA Shave oil
Semogue 2000
The Fat
ATT S2 Astra
Alum
Extro Bay Rum

Superb shave this morning, the BBA/Fat combo gave a great glide and cushion, no nicks or burn, eschewed any balm went straight in with a bay rum splash.

Considering an SE,....would the usual enablers suggest ones to look at please:)

The Colonial 'The General' SE. It's up there with the ATT S2 and Fatip piccolo for me. Not as efficient as either but not far behind.
I've used the Aluminum and Brass versions and can recommend both. It all depends on how heavy you like your razor.

Unfortunately both are out of stock at the moment. You could always post a thread in BST and see if anyone wants to sell one? A couple have been sold over the last few weeks.

Sat'day...

Cream - Taylor of Old Bond Street Cedarwood
Brush - RazoRock Plissoft Disrupter 22mm
Bowl - Steve Woodhead Ceramics
Razor - Schick Injector E3
Blade - Personna Injector #2

I'd been meaning to replace my TOBS Sandalwood cream for a while (despite being more of a soap practicioner these days, I like to go back the creams now and again). So TOBS Cedarwood came today and I gave it a bash with yesterday's E3/Personna combo.

IMO, the same quality as the Sandalwood. An almond-sized snurdle is enough to generate more than enough cushiony, slick lather for 3 passes and a buffing. It has a lovely scent too; not overpowering but a nice citrusy, resiny opening that dies down to a cologne type finish. I didn't bother with a/s as I still like to catch a whiff of it now and again. So it's a keeper.

Have a great weekend guys.

S.
View attachment 25109
TOBS Cedar is the next cream on my list to purchase!

Quick touch-up;

Futur Clone (3.5)
Maseto 2-band
NSS Sandalwood
Wilkinson Sword blade (1)
Argan oil​

No picture today I'm afraid. One pass and slight touch-up. Generally good feeling. Plenty of blade feel with #3.5 on the Futur Clone. Struggled to get a meaningful lather with the NSS for some reason but enough slickness to continue. No nicks, no irritation, no weepers, no worries!

Have a good weekend, folks.

Shake Sharp and Injecto-boy mano a mano. While the Shake Sharp felt smoother there was a hint of irritation (head shave two pass plus touch ups) not there on the PAL side. Maybe a slight edge to the Shake Sharp in terms of efficiency but I'll leave the final evaluation until this evening. Both simply the best of the best.
af2ca3b631fbe64dbabdd598634f2a7d.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

swd6a9.jpg

Brush: Vie Long 04503
Razor: Gibbs No17 w/ Polsilver SI (3)
Soap: Geo F Trumper Coconut Oil Shaving Cream
Post: Boots Witch hazel, Aloe Vera Gel & Ard al Zaafaran Oud 24 Hours

Just back from a day in Hay On Wye so late in posting today's shave. Used my handmade coconut bowl to go with the cream, seemed appropriate. Lots of blood, sweat and tears went into making that bowl, literally! A top quality shave as one can expect from the Gibbs. Really enjoy the Trumpers and it is a cream I have owned for over four years, so much for 12 month expiry dates on packaging!

SOTD%20May%206%202017_zpsq2kadkvg.jpg

PARADIGM/POLSILVER :: DORIAN :: SAPONIFICIO VARESINO

Another great shave from the Paradigm. Two passes did the job. The Dorian brush is gorgeous and the ergonomics are outstanding. The knot has ample backbone and good flow, though after two or three lathers still feels a bit rough. There are very dark hairs distributed throughout the knot so it may not soften much, only time will tell.

Back
Top Bottom