8/2/17:
Hot water & Argan oil.
Vostok 5/8 USSR SR.
Body Shop synth.
P&B Star Noir.
Warm/alum/cold.
Floid Mentolado Vigoroso sample.
Argan oil.

Good shave this morning. Took it breezy and enjoyed as a result. Tidy up for neck and cheeks while stubble grows out. P&B Star Noir is an interesting scent, but the performance of the soap was where today was at, not that I didn't enjoy the Star Noir! The more I use the BS Synth, the more I want a new brush...not need, however, as it's still performing admirably. Neither alum nor Floid bit at all. No nicks/weepers/cuts and a very close shave for the most part. Heel of the razor (circa 4mm) seems a fair bit duller than the rest, not sure why as I'm taking care when stropping etc... ideas? Edit: Floid is lovely, not a scent I'd normally go to but lovely feeling going on and smell is already growing on me... I'm sure it's going to be one I can't do without before long...

SOTD2_zpsdhwmrtsg.jpg

I know which paddle strop you mean.I have one of his four sided ones.Try doing a regular x pattern on it because for some reason you might just be missing that little area.Do fifty full slow runs on the leather only.See what happens.
Cheers for the advice, Jack! I'll give it a go next time I crack out the Vostok. I don't seem to be missing it with the Niazi Solingen I use so it could be more specific to this razor. The rest of the blade is hair-whittlingly sharp and has been honed recently by FergieBilly so there shouldn't be any issues. It's probably inconsistencies in my technique, in fairness! :) Thanks for the troubleshooting buddy.

Cheers for the advice, Jack! I'll give it a go next time I crack out the Vostok. I don't seem to be missing it with the Niazi Solingen I use so it could be more specific to this razor. The rest of the blade is hair-whittlingly sharp and has been honed recently by FergieBilly so there shouldn't be any issues. It's probably inconsistencies in my technique, in fairness! :) Thanks for the troubleshooting buddy.
Sounds like it is your technique to be truthful but it's easily sorted out ;) No problem,it's nice to share a common interest.Cheers.;)

IMG_1155.jpg Fri 10th Feb

RazoRock Plissoft 22mm
P & B Spitfire
Kampfe Bros Star Lather Catcher
Gem S/S [3 ] + 1/2 spine shim
Alum Rub/Rinse Off
Tabac A/S Lotion

Regret to say that not having the expertise/ possession of, to use original blades I have to use modern Gems when using this Oldie.

Not having used it for some time, quite surprised at how smoothly the Shave went. Overall the finish was very good, and despite its bulky appearance I had no problems shaving the upper lip/chin area. Also pleased to say there were no mishaps and no post shave problems.

Last edited:
Friday :)

Pre-shave - Warm shower, Musgo Real Classic Glycerin Oil Soap and Proraso Pre-shave Cream (green).
Razor - Muhle Rocca R96.
Blade - Astra (green) SP (day 2).
Soap - Executive Shaving Bay Rum Natural Shaving Cream.
Brush - Simpsons Chubby 2 Synthetic Badger Hair Shaving Brush.
Post shave - D.R Harris Mild Skin Tonic and organic aloe vera.

Excellent 2 pass shave - skin feeling great. First outing for the Chubby 2 synthetic. Performed well, although I think it may get a little time to get used a different brush.

The witch hazel and the aloe vera post shave finish works a treat, makes a real difference to the condition of my skin.

All the best,

Chris

SOTD 20170210

gb5gyZZ.jpg

Brush: custom finest 2-band.
Shaving bowl: Epsilon.
Shaving cream: TOBS "The St James Collection Luxury Shaving Cream".
Razor: ATT SE2.
Blade: Feather Professional (1).
After shave: TOBS "Shaving Shop Luxury Aftershave Gel".

Maiden trip of this razor, first time use of shaving cream and after shave.
That ATT SE2 open comb is a very effective shaver.

DFS++

Have a nice day, gentlemen ! ;)

Back
Top Bottom