S.o.t.D Saturday 31st May to Friday 6th June 2014

dodgy said:
After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

Ebony Sir Brian brush
Progress/Schick Plus Platinum (NOS)
Beter Shave vintage NOS stick used like soap ( sent by the Good Doctor)
Lucky Tiger AS and Face Tonic
Guy Laroche 'Drakkar Noir' EdT (vintage juice)

Second shave with this old soap and it's some good stuff. I cut a few thin pieces off the stick and have it in a 2 cup bowl for plenty of room while loading.

Very nice cushion and slip, with a faint, clean soapy scent remaining. Post shave skin care is really excellent. The Good Doctor mentioned this stuff being a treasure, and I'm glad he sent me some to sample. Thanks for the enabling, Doc!!

BBS results,

Martin
Ho ho ho, i am seeing you are enjoying!

dodgy said:
pjgh said:
The first "goodness me, this is nice" shave I got from an injector was with a Personna Inject-omatic. I got on with it. Trying several Schicks, I realised that I either don't get on with them, or I need wide open mouths! The E, I get. The G is okay. The M on wide open is okay.

I think this was closer, more efficient and a better face feel than a Merkur 37C with a Feather.

Sensational, I'd say.

You are the opposite of me. I hated those early types and my adjustable is set to a harmless #4. It's a kick seeing someone like you.....many of your posts read like fiction. As General Dweedle once said, "You are a very odd man"

Marty

Give me a cheesegrater, lad. I'll shave with it and tell you it's as smooth as Hanzo :D

No, I like my aggressive shaves. I came into this world of traditional shaving with a face like a scared child, all wrong, all sensitive and all full of ingrowers, but over the little over 9 months I've been proper shaving, I'm up there with that silly sod who does the Shave Nation videos.

I should do some videos ...

... but I'm a shy and retiring northern lad who likes his privacy despite being "a bit too much online" as my father says :D

Dr Dulcamara said:
Beter Shave vintage NOS stick used like soap ( sent by the Good Doctor)

Second shave with this old soap and it's some good stuff. I cut a few thin pieces off the stick and have it in a 2 cup bowl for plenty of room while loading.

Very nice cushion and slip, with a faint, clean soapy scent remaining. Post shave skin care is really excellent

Ho ho ho, i am seeing you are enjoying!

Yep, that one's a winner, Heh, the other crazy one (Myrurgia) had the oddest scent,,,whew. Not that great a performer, but man did it smell weird......heh.

No, the Beter is good. Used and enjoyed it three times so far. You were right about that stuff.

Gracias,

Martinetti

hot shower
hot towel
ingrams face lathered
omega 49
gillette flare tip rocket
perma sharp
3 passes
4th pass tidy up
alum
rs balm
quorum edt

What can I say? seriously don't get on with perma sharp blades.
First ever tube of cream emptied gave me a strange sense of achievement rofl

Mr_Smartepants said:
That car is bad-ass! I miss my RC cars. I ran 1/10 scale electric buggies and 1/12 scale 4-cell carpet road cars. Very competitive.
They're a VERY deep rabbit-hole to fall into.

Thanks, :) thay are a big hole to fall down into all right.
I'm at the fine tuning stage with this one, I've been reminded about a 1/10 tamiya battery car that was forgotten under the bed about for about 10 years, and only driven twice :blush: so that's been striped down and cleaned/rebuilt a long term project in the making.

Long gone are the days of empty car parks on a Sunday to thrash around in (and park the RC car in the disabled bay for giggles) having the police arrive to investigate the radio signals, only to discover a gang of RC cars screaming around, locked in battle for first place on a makeshift track very competitive and very fun :)

Back
Top Bottom