S.O.T.D. Saturday 30th August to Friday 5th September 2014

Monday morning:

Feather Artist Club SS & Feather professional blades
Vie-Long, Horse & Boar, Men's Only Forum Special Edition 2014.
Cella
Aqua Velva (Williams)
Face Lather
Davidoff Cool Water EdT

SOTD-2014-09-01-Copy_zpsc47b9736.jpg

Sapone : Penhaligon's English Fern
Pennello : Vintage Simpson Key Hole KH2 in Best
Rasoio : Gotta 120 Hamburg Ring 6/8
Strop : Paciccella in Cordovan
AS : Dior Eau Sauvage
EDT : Dior Eau Sauvage Extreme

image.php

image.php

Monday i September, 2014

Autumn has arrived.

Prep: Hot shower, Zirh Alpha - Hydroxy Face Wash
Pre: Cold Water Splash
Soap: Jabonman Neroli-Mint-Grapefruit
Brush: The Shave Nook Simpson's 2014 LE M6 Manchurian Badger
Razor: Cobra Classic
Blade: Kai Captain
Fragrance: Knize Forest Toilet Water

Result: Excellent shave, all ingredients completely up to scratch. Nice start to the week.

All the best

Jon

Prep: hot shower
Pre: cold water splash
Soap : Palmolive stick grated into a bowl
Brush: Omega boar
Razor : Merkur 42 head on the Braveheart handle
Blade : Viking's sword

Not a bad shave but could really feel this blade dragging compared to the Polsilver Iradium. More razor burn at the end as well, so back to the other blade I think.

Have a good Monday

Paul

w0q3ol.jpg

Post: Hot wash with dove soap followed by thin application of Noxema
Soap: Professor Blighty's Hyperion
Brush: Vie-long Horse.
Razor: 1966 Gillette slim Adj. (4).
Blade: Astra superior Platinum.
AS: Cold rinse and Professor Blighty's Hyperion post shave tonic.

As my Kropp is on its way to be checked and honed, my shave today was with my 1966 slim Adjustable. 3 pass with touch up very smooth and clean shave.

Jim

dodgy said:
Mr_Smartepants said:
dodgy said:
XPEC unscented SC with plenty of added vintage Givenchy 'Xeryus' EdT
Martin, do you find that adding the EdT modifies the lather in anyway? I've been meaning to try mixing the unscented Xpec with other scents but I didn't want to ruin the wonderful lather.

I admit to being cautious about screwing the lather up in some way. The Givenchy is my second selection for adding to an ounce of unscented XPEC, with the first being a Creed based frag. With that stuff I added a fair bit to the cream but got only a faint scent during the shave.

The Xeryus is a medium strength EdT and so far I have added maybe 30 small drops and still not all that much scent in the lather. It needs more and so far the lather's still fine. I will see what happens when more is added.

Might be other notes added that are stronger and would take less.....still playing with it. Seems like the unscented just kind of absorbs fragrance additions for the most part.

Martin

Forgive me for butting in gentlemen but I am just as curious as all hell about this. I can understand an original attempt to stir a frag into unscented Xpec cream but, if you learn from that attempt that it takes a lot of frag to make a discernible difference to the small you get whilst shaving, I wonder why you pursue the idea further. You put a lot of rare/expensive perfume into the shaving cream, whip up a lather, shave and flush everything, including lots of expensive/rare perfume into the sewerage system. Would you not achieve a better/more long lasting scentification of your esteemed personages by applying the rare/expensive perfume to yourselves, your skin, your manly musculature, your bodies before shaving - then sniffing it up before, during and after shaving with that wonderful cream we fondly know as Xpec Unscented? Why are you hooked on the cream smelling instead of yourselves smelling?

Btb, it is impossible to be "mixing the unscented Xpec with other scents". The only solution to that problem is to buy some Xpec Unscented Edt and mix that in first, then you can add other scents - I think. Anyway, it's available from Honest Fred on the Bay - but it is quite expensive, as you'd imagine.

Monday

Afternoon, gents.

Prep: Claus Porto's Lime-oil face soap
Razor: EJ DE89
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (3)
Brush: Ecotools Kabuki
Shave soap: Wickham Rose hard soap v2
Aftershave: M&S Amber
Cologne:

Very close, very good.

Bechet45 said:
dodgy said:
Mr_Smartepants said:
dodgy said:
XPEC unscented SC with plenty of added vintage Givenchy 'Xeryus' EdT

Martin, do you find that adding the EdT modifies the lather in anyway? I've been meaning to try mixing the unscented Xpec with other scents but I didn't want to ruin the wonderful lather.

Martin

Forgive me for butting in gentlemen but I am just as curious as all hell about this. I can understand an original attempt to stir a frag into unscented Xpec cream but, if you learn from that attempt that it takes a lot of frag to make a discernible difference to the small you get whilst shaving, I wonder why you pursue the idea further. You put a lot of rare/expensive perfume into the shaving cream, whip up a lather, shave and flush everything, including lots of expensive/rare perfume into the sewerage system. Would you not achieve a better/more long lasting scentification of your esteemed personages by applying the rare/expensive perfume to yourselves, your skin, your manly musculature, your bodies before shaving - then sniffing it up before, during and after shaving with that wonderful cream we fondly know as Xpec Unscented? Why are you hooked on the cream smelling instead of yourselves smelling?

Btb, it is impossible to be "mixing the unscented Xpec with other scents". The only solution to that problem is to buy some Xpec Unscented Edt and mix that in first, then you can add other scents - I think. Anyway, it's available from Honest Fred on the Bay - but it is quite expensive, as you'd imagine.

Hiya doin Carl,

Call me a sissie boy if you like, but I admit to enjoying the scented lathers in my rotation. To me, being able to choose my olfactory surroundings during my shave. one of the perks to this goofy 'hobby'.

Sure, before the shave I could apply a drop of EdT right under my nose and sniff that the whole time, but then I would be missing the whole lather huffing experience. Heh, I could use Vicks Vapo Rub like the cops do when handling a ripe dead body.

Carl I just gotta ask, what in the hell is the point of creating a fragrance to smell like nothing? Is there something I'm missing here and need to be enlightened? The idea of an unscented Xpec version of the EdT does make me smile. Heh, and it's even expensive! Might you have a picture of that or where it can be purchased? Also, why would anyone buy any?

Martin

Trumper Warwick Razor
Shark Super Chrome Blade
Kent Infinity Silvertex Brush
Scent From Heaven Tea Tree Soap

Tea tree, to my nose, always has an earthy, damp scent. For some reason it's reminding me of the inside of a static caravan's wardrobe.

Don't see many SOTD's with the Warwick razor, but it's a razor that has seen lots of other come and go. I think it and my gold plated Tech are the ones I've had the longest.

Ian

2013' R41 Head
Maggard Stainless Handle
Kai Blade
Sea Grapes Rosemary Spearmint Shave Soap (sample)
Frank Shaving Finest
Stirling Bay Rum Witch Hazel Aloe Balm
Bowling Green After Shave
Sea Grapes Studio Shave Bowl

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage butterscotch rebranded Simpsons best
'Webler'/Feather
Xpec unscented with a LOT of vintage Xeryus EdT added.
Lucky Tiger AS and Face Tonic
more vintage Givenchy Xeryus...real nice opening and drydown.

Second excellent shave using a Feather in this head onna stick. The blade is totally tamed by the rolling guard baseplate but still feels like using a very mild open comb on my face. Left me with even smoother than usual results. Heck of a fun thing to use.

I am done adding any more scent to the cream. It's to where the fragrance is easily noticeable now, but still on the mild side. Performance seems about the same, and that will do it for me.

BBS results,

Martin

Cold Water
MWF Face Lathered
Semogue 1305
GEM Junior Bar
English Blazer Aftershave

Nice shave, no problems lathering the MWF, I nicked myself for the first time in ages, and it would not stop...had to bring out the styptic.

Cold water splash
Proraso Green Tea & Oatmeal
M&F Blonde Badger
'Fat Handled' Tech / Kronos handle
Gillette Silver Blue (2)
Clinique Post-Shave Soother

Irritation-free but not as close as with my trusty open-comb ATT. Nice change of pace nevertheless.

Back
Top Bottom