Prep: Claus Porto's Lime-oil face soap
Razor: Cien Men two-blade system
Blade: Cartridge (10)
Brush: Ecotools Kabuki
Shave cream: Flint
Aftershave: Eau de Brut
Cologne:

Another decent result.

Drinking .... Dark & Spicy - Spiced Rum, Ice, Lime, Tabasco and Extra Fiery Old Jamaican Ginger Beer

Listening to ... Ministry Adios Puta Madres

DSC06403.jpg

Bulldog Face Wash
La Toja Stick
Kent Infinity Silvertex
Durham 300 - Bone Handled
Durham Duplex Pathology Blade [2]
Hot Rinse, Cold Rinse & Alum Wash
Selin Limon Kolonyasi

Face Lathered
Three Pass - WTG, XTG & ATG

My freshly acquired Durham Duplex 300 shaved just how I thought it would. Successive removal of two days' growth and a stunning back stroke up my neck, I'm clean, smooth and very happy.

Boy! That Lemon Cologne is a lot of fun! It's so hot at the moment and sweaty skin turns mushy and gets ingrowers unless I keep cool and dry. This Cologne does that for me. Love it!

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

ebony brush by Brian
'Webly'/Schick Plus Platinum (1969 vintage)
Lea SC (thank you Good Doctor)
Lucky Tiger AS and Face Tonic
Old Spice After Shave used as cologne (vintage juice)

So I received this cream recently from the snake oil guy and gave it a try this morning. Smelled pleasant enough in the tube, although I noticed the ingredients included menthol. Yeah, I just don't get that stuff, so I was a little skeptical.

Performed fine....nothing amazing but certainly better than good. It did end up smelling nice, but man, that cold feeling on my face is too weird. You guys like that eh? Oh yeah, this stuff is labeled as being for sensitive skin.

Heh, by the time my 4th touch up pass came around my face was pretty chilly. Post shave was a little cool, but my face felt comfortable.

I thought of Graeme today when I used the Old Spice. It's a bottle I ran across recently and it's pretty tasty. Mellow, but still with plenty of pop left. Lasted maybe 4-5 hours on me, which was fine.

BBS results,

Martin

Greetings

Friday 15th August 2014
Prep: Shower
Razor: Joseph Elliot 6/8th
Brush: Semogue 1800 Boar
Soap: Klar Kabinett
Aftershave: Astral Cream (light)
EDT: Terre D'Hermes

My best shave with this razor to date, in part due to that I am starting to feel my way around my face better and I am persevering with both hands shaving.

I also took this razor back to the 12k Naniwa for quite a bit of work and than to the Balsa/Chromox strop, it now feels properly sharp again which I am sure it was initially following Rob's honing until I tampered with it !

I think a problem an absolute novice straight shaver faces is the complete inability to know what is sharp in relation to a straight razor, if like me your only point of reference is DE and SE blades, a well honed straight does not feel sharp and you have nothing else to compare it to.

I did nick my large mole again, though to be quite fair it had not healed from previous 'assaults'!

All in all I am very satisfied with this shave.

Regards
Dick.

Face wash with Pears soap
Mergress / Perma sharp Vintage
Morris & Forndran XL1
Nanny's Signature Bamboo & White Grape
Witch Hazel
Tom Ford Cafe Rose

My compliments to the chef - wonderful soap

14924687055_48db3bbb41_c.jpg

Back
Top Bottom