Prep: Hot shower
Pre: Noxzema
Soap: Palmolive shave stick grated into deodorant tube
Bowl: Brush warmer
Brush: Vulfix 404 bodger
Razor: ATT R1 Kronos
Blade: Treet (2)
After: 4711 AS, Cade ASB

This is why face lathering just doesn't appeal to me. Rubbed the Palmolive stick over face and lathered no problem. Second pass needed to load brush again from stick as the brush seemed to have eaten what was remaining. Third pass needed same. It's just too fiddly. I enjoy having mountains of lather in a bowl accessible any time I want; much less stress.

While I'm on a rant. I don't see why Palmolive gets so much love. Granted it's cheap as chips but life's too short for this. I works well as a lather but isn't much fun; dreary scent and just plain boring. Give me an interesting soap anyday.
Noxzema still ponging out the place; coupled with Palmolive it did create a ambience of hospital. I still don't see any difference from Proraso pre though apart from Proraso pre sensitive doesn't smell like a garage.

Treet was bit rough, not blaming the soap this time as I always find Treet the same. Last use of it as it seems to have had its time.
However I did get a DFS, bordering on BBS, so all turned out well in the end.

Have a super weekend chaps.

SOTD20140802-1_zps651fa319.jpg

782sirbrian said:
Gillette NEW Deluxe Big Boy Gold

Now that's a razor you don't see very often. I saw earlier you had the silver Big Boy version with the more common head.

Even with good technique, I have to be real careful around that Deluxe head. You find that one pretty aggressive?

Nice looking piece,

Martin

dodgy said:
782sirbrian said:
Gillette NEW Deluxe Big Boy Gold

Now that's a razor you don't see very often. I saw earlier you had the silver Big Boy version with the more common head.

Even with good technique, I have to be real careful around that Deluxe head. You find that one pretty aggressive?

Nice looking piece,

Martin

Greetings Martin,
The Deluxe is a little more aggressive but I find it OK with a light touch no pressure. This one was a mess when I got it but a Gold replate has it nice and shiny again.
I have a British NEW Big Boy Chrome with the Raised Flat Centre coming out after I've shaved with this one for a day or two. I thought I'd shave with all my long handle razors back to back, just for fun :icon_rolleyes:.

Pre: RazoRock/HTGAM mentholated lime pre-shave soap
Cream: TOBS Jermyn Street
Brush: M&F Chief, 26mm blonde badger
Razor 1: J.A. Henckels "415" (Father's razor)
Razor 2: Ikon Deluxe
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (1)
Post: Thayer's Lavender witch hazel, followed by Myrsol Antesol

Tried a 2-pass with old Dad's "415". WTG & XTG. 2nd pass showed that I REALLY need to work on that technique. No cuts or weepers but it definitely wasn't comfortable. Ikon cleaned everything up nicely.
IMG_20140802_145519.jpg

Cold water splash
La Toja Stick (grated)
Commodore X3 handle w/ TGN 24mm Finest Badger knot
ATT M2 Kronos
Polsilver SI (2)
Clinique Post-Shave Soother
Acqua Di Parma Colonia

Saturday

Evening, everybody.

Prep: Claus Porto's Lime-oil face soap
Razor: EJ DE89
Blade: Laser SP (1)
Brush: Ecotools Kabuki
Shave soap: Wickham Hard Soap sample, Coconut
Aftershave: Old Spice Noir
Cologne: Paco Rabanne pour Homme

Good, very easy result.

english fat handled tech
flying eagle
noxzema pre
omega 10018
faena myrtle shaving soap (sample)
arko extra sensitive AS balm
penhaligons opus 1870 edt

very nice shave. i got caught up in noxzema fever and bought myself a tub, i got the moisturising version as i didnt fancy the full noxzema effect, and its very good. theres still a hint of eucalyptus but its not overpowering and it seems to work a treat.
it was also my first try of the faena soap i was sent to try. the jury is still out at the moment, i honestly cant say i know what myrtle smells like but there wasnt a great deal of scent in the sample i have, maybe a hint of mint or something along those lines. it lathers nicely, not a particulary thick lather but it does the job. ill give it another go next week and see how i go.

Thank you so much for your kind words my friends.
These mountains are UNESCO World Heritage Site, and I really love them:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dolomites

Daniele.

Back
Top Bottom