S.O.T.D. Saturday 2nd April 2016 to Friday 8th April 2016

Sun 3rd April
Omega s10065 Synthetic
OSP Bay Rum Soap
Schick Adjustable
Schick S/S Single [ 6 - Japan ]
Alum Rub/Rinse Off
Massimo Dutti A/S Lotion

Still using this Schick single [ Japanese Blade ], and finding it to be very good. Achieved a more than acceptable quality shave with it today in the Adjustable , was very smooth with no after shave irritation.
Maybe one more go with the Blade, then try a Twin.

IMG_0426.jpg

SOTD 3/4/16

Hot Towel, Mitchell's Wool Fat, RazoRock Plissoft Monster, RazoRock Bazooka, Astra SS(3), Cold Towel, Phoenix & Beau Balm

Today I wanted to give a final test to my initiation with the Monster. Mitchell's Wool Fat. I prepped my puck the night before and thought I'd face lather today. I loaded for about 25-30 seconds and added a little water to the tips to help build a luxurious lather. You can successfully face lather with the Monster, provided you load it sufficiently up front as it is a beast. The Bazooka shaved close and smooth, but with one little nick where I wasn't paying full attention. Finished off with a cold towel and a touch of Phoenix & Beau Balm and the shave was complete. A very happy camper with my latest RazoRock purchases, and my existing MWF and P&B products.

upload_2016-4-3_8-29-16.png

Greetings

Sunday 3rd April 2016
Prep: Shower
Razor: Valet Autostrop Runner Guard Model
Blade: Valet Blued
Brush: Omega 39 Boar
Soap: Speick Stick Grated
Aftershave: Astral Cream (soft)
EDT: Lalique Encre Noir

Further stropping of this original blade has now turned it into a really good shaving blade giving as good a shave as a modern blade but with a tiny bit of tug.

It would seem to me that that the way to bring these blades up to a shaving state is not too many laps on the Feox pasted strop, say about ten and a whole load on the plain strop, the more the better, the feox will sharpen but it seems only the plain strop will smooth the blade and reduce the tug.

I have also discovered purely by chance that there is a substantial amount of difference between the different Valet models as to how big the strop gap is, on the later models (this is the very last model) my strops are much tighter than the early models, I do not know if this due to wear on the older models or a slight design change with the newer ones. My Miller strop which is a few thou thicker will not work in this model.

I have just booked a last minute fortnight away in Fuerteventura from next Wednesday and I will take this razor with me and give the blade an extended trial.

Regards
Dick.

P1010315.JPG

Last edited:
Today's shave was a series of firsts.
I wouldn't usually pair untried and untested wares together, but I thought why not? The only item that I've used before is the razor. Everything else is on its maiden voyage.
Pre: Shower
Soap: Proraso green
Brush: Benny's of London badger
Razor: Merkur 30C
Blade: Ladas Stainless
All the firsts on display get the thumbs up apart from the brush which is as floppy as Pele and holds zero lather.
Didn't have a need for the balm but I used it anyway and I really like it. Nice and thick, soaks in quickly and doesn't leave your face greasy.

cc1c16545eb856fbb4ecac123d5df7a3.jpg

Sunday 3 April 2016

233349d1459687178-sun-april-03rd-sat-april-09t-sotd-03042016.jpg

Mastro Livi Grifetto 60, 6/8 Full Hollow, Round Point

It was quite a long time I was not using my shaving soap and today it was the right time to shave with it again. A luxurious shave, I must add. A beautiful and performing straight razor like Mastro Livi Grifetto 60, a gorgoues silvertip badger brush, my pre-shave oil and shaving soap, a fresh and citrusy touch of Myrsol Agua de Limón and here I got my luxurious shave. Mastro Livi Grifetto proves to be, shave after shave, an incredible razor with a velvety touch on your skin. I absolutely love it and, I must add, I have three of them in my collection.​

• Pre-Shave: RazorGuy Pre-Shave Oil
  • Soap: RazorGuy Shaving Soap
  • Brush: Mastro Livi Silver Tip Badger, 26mm knot
  • Bowl: Bamboo Bowl
  • Strop: Mastro Livi Medium Loom Strop "Coramella Italiana" and Hand Palm
  • Razor: Mastro Livi Grifetto 60, 6/8 Full Hollow, Round Point
  • Post-Shave: Alum Block
  • Post-Shave: Umbrian Extravirgin Olive Oil
  • After Shave: Myrsol Agua de Limón

Back
Top Bottom