Saturday 2nd April 2016
Prep: Shower
Razor: Valet Autostrop
Blade: Valet Blued (with cut outs)
Brush: RazoRock Plissoft
Soap: Vitos Extra Super
Aftershave: Astral Cream (soft)
EDT: CK Obsession

My very first success at stropping one of these old blued Valet blades to a state that's good enough to shave without excessive tugging.

I feel sure I did nothing different to what I have done before and suspect that because of their age some can be 'revived' and others cannot, even blades from the same packet. Perhaps much of it is due to how clean the blades were before the grease was applied, this blade has rust spots but they are not near the cutting edge.

A very good close shave with only mild tugging.

Regards
Dick

P1010313.JPG

Last edited:
Z4iiWkfh.jpg

Shave & Scent of the day with:
Soap: Cold River Soap Works Puro Fresco
Brush: L'Occitane Plisson Synthetic
Razor: ATT Atlas R1
Blade: Kai (2)
Post #1: Dermalogica Post-Shave Balm
Post #2: Kiehl's Ultra Facial Moisturiser
Scent: Allure Homme Blanche Edition by Chanel

First time using the CRSW Select soap & I absolutely love it! Great lather & post shave. The green, fresh soapy scent out of the tin is just intoxicating.

SOTD 2/4/16

Hot Towel, RazoRock Classic, RazoRock Plissoft Monster, RazoRock Bazooka, Astra SS(2), Cold Towel

Today I pulled an all RazoRock shave, because I realised I could. I have noticed a small blade exposure difference from one side to the other on the razor head, but I am using this to my advantage. I am using the slightly more exposed (touch more aggressive) side for my first two passes, and the less exposed (milder) side for my ATG pass. The Monster absolutely obliterated the very soft Classic soap and made a hugely thick, dense lather. When applied to the face, the Monster shows its tender side, caressing your skin with the softest tips I've yet to experience. The Bazooka works well, almost scything its way through the first two passes before cleaning up nicely on the ATG pass. All in all, a close, drama free shave with a lovely weighted razor.

upload_2016-4-2_10-30-57.png

Prep- Soak in bath
Soap- LPL Original
Brush- Wolfwhiskers 'Abyss' Úbersoft 2
Razor- Butler hollow ground
Post- LPL AS

Slow relaxing shave with smashing result and smell great too [emoji4] great start to a wet miserable looking morning...

Sat 2nd April 2016
Kent Infinity Silvertex
Tabac stick
ER " Streamline "
Gem S/S [ 1 ]
Alum Rub
Tabac A/S Lotion

Having recently had really good shaves with injectors , switched to a " Streamline". I really enjoyed the shave, as the extra weight allowed the concept of letting the razor do the work come into play. The Shave was really smooth and ultra close in all areas, one of the few razors where the Gem Blade does not pull on its first use.

IMG_0419.jpg

Saturday 2nd
Heno de Pravia Glycerine soap Pre-shave
Virginia Sheng Pur Tech
Bodyshop Maca Root Cream
Ever Ready Natural Angle - Featherweight
Gem Stainless Coated #3
Alum - Boots Bay Rum - Gillette Inst Hyd Moisturiser
Bellavie - Lo Sportivo EDT
IMG_20160401_171145929e.jpg
I love the shape of this razor. It's very light and easy to obtain little pressure on the face. Close and comfortable 3 pass shave with a nice scented, efficient cream.

3rd Shave with Bunny:
26119843481_2d45011f32_c.jpg

(Sorry for the shit photo...)

MWF
RazorRock Barber Plissoft
Bunny NOTSO
Chinese Schick [3]
La Toja AS
Diesel OTB EDT
Superdrug Moisturiser.

Another superb shave with the Bunny. I think the NOTSO comb is the one for me, however it is still too aggressive for a comfortable ATG pass on the neck for me. I also find it difficult to shave ATG around the chin area. However, 2 passes is more than good enough for daily shaves and I'd only go ATG occasionally.

How long are these Chinese Schick blades good for? It certainly still feels sharp... I'll likely try another shave before I move onto a NOS Twin blade.

3rd Shave with Bunny:
26119843481_2d45011f32_c.jpg

(Sorry for the shit photo...)

MWF
RazorRock Barber Plissoft
Bunny NOTSO
Chinese Schick [3]
La Toja AS
Diesel OTB EDT
Superdrug Moisturiser.

Another superb shave with the Bunny. I think the NOTSO comb is the one for me, however it is still too aggressive for a comfortable ATG pass on the neck for me. I also find it difficult to shave ATG around the chin area. However, 2 passes is more than good enough for daily shaves and I'd only go ATG occasionally.

How long are these Chinese Schick blades good for? It certainly still feels sharp... I'll likely try another shave before I move onto a NOS Twin blade.
Depends on beard- I am good for around 8.

Shave & Scent of the day with:
Soap: Cold River Soap Works Puro Fresco
Brush: L'Occitane Plisson Synthetic
Razor: ATT Atlas R1
Blade: Kai (2)
Post #1: Dermalogica Post-Shave Balm
Post #2: Kiehl's Ultra Facial Moisturiser
Scent: Allure Homme Blanche Edition by Chanel

First time using the CRSW Select soap & I absolutely love it! Great lather & post shave. The green, fresh soapy scent out of the tin is just intoxicating.

CRSW are top soaps! Have you thought about getting another plate for the ATT Ross?

d339600684b4a2c184c382d5c156355d.jpg

All aboard for the Steampunk train!!

My first non MWF shave for a month and my first use of Tabula Rasa Steampunk. Its good stuff, can't quite put my finger on the scent but I get very subtle sweet wood scents. Unfortunately I under loaded the brush and pass 2 and beyond was a very austere experience but it worked great. From what I can see from my first lathering, this stuff is very soft and won't last long and for £19 ($27) a tub I probably won't buy it again. Having said that I had an irritation and redness free shave and it was a comfortable shave despite the lather thinning out quickly.

Tabula Rasa Steampunk
Darwin Deluxe
Personna 74 Blade (15)
CK Switchback 400
Myrsol Blue

Back
Top Bottom