S.O.T.D. Saturday 29th April to Friday 5th May 2017

1919 Penn Adjustable with original Penn blade. Surprisingly good enough for solid DFS with some touch ups.
7f9f104a775a64ddfdbb9d787fa20f0e.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

2v3pxqp.jpg

Brush: Vulfix 404 Grosvenor Mixed Bristle
Razor: Parker Variant w/ Polsilver SI (1)
Soap: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements 11235
Post: Thayers Rose, Aloe Vera Gel, 4711 aftershave and cologne

A maiden voyage for the Variant, a nice shave but need to dial it in and get comfortable with it. I am writing a review for the review section and will update through the week. Good vibes so far. Used the 404 after recommending it in a thread in the brush section, a brush that is very good for the price and has one of the best handles you can have. Using the 11245, how can you not pair it with the inspiration. Lovely stuff
Similarly, my SOTD is the Parker Variant for the first time, Vulfix 404, Astra Superior Platimum & Truefitt & Hill 1805 cream & A/S Balm.

This is the first adjustable DE I have owned. I was struck by the weight of it. The form factor and finish is excellent. I too have the matte version.

I took the advice of someone who seems to know more than me on Badger & Blade. Started with a lower setting (3), then for the second pass increased to 4. Rather than starting high, and lowering etc.

As with @nolisco will need some dialling in. The shave was very close & smooth. Will practice the different settings. I will say that the finish is pristine. Non of the dreaded Parker reputation for finishing here :)

Richard

Tuesday 2nd May 2017

SOTD 2nd May.JPG

Pre Shave: Hot Shower, L'Oreal Hydra Power Face Wash and Proraso White
Razor: Gillette TV Special (British)
Blade: Gillette Rubie Platinum Plus (#2)
Brush: Kent BLK4
Cream: Erasmic
AS: Nivea Originals balm.

Great shave today, I like these Rubies think I will need to get some more.

DSC_0441_zpsgzevecrf.jpg

DSC_0440_zpsk3k9bhfx.jpg

Two Pass Shaving Routine...:cool:

Hot Water prep & Massage with Argan Oil
French Special Monneret 1/2 Hollow 6/8th
Mason Pearson Pure Badger
Wickham 1912 Vegetal Soap
Humphreys Witch Hazel

A Belter of a Shave this Morning with My French Special Monneret 6/8th..I Love this Razor..A Heavy Weighted Blade that Blows through the Whiskers Like the Wind..o_O

Ooh..La La..:eek:

I Am Dolphin Smooth & Refreshed..:D

Billy

So, today's shave was another BBA shave, this time to find out the post shave qualities of the cream, with the cream being the only variable in an otherwise normal routine.

Hot Towel, BBA Cream, RazoRock Monster brush, Merkur 39C, Astra SS (8), Cold Rinse.

I face lathered after the hot towel to benefit from the mechanics of lathering on the face (extra exfoliation in lieu of the face scrub), and performed a normal three pass shave. Rinsed off with cold water only, patting the face dry. This was circa 5:30am, it's now homing in on 7am and I can say that the post shave feel is top notch. No dryness, no taught sensation, no irritation, zilch. Top marks there on the cream for performance and post shave.

Suffice to say, I am thoroughly enjoying the range of products so far :)

image.jpg SOTD 3rd May

Razor...Gibbs adjustable set to 5
Blade....Polsilver stainless Lodz #1
Soap....Haslinger Schafmilch
Brush....SOC Badger
Post....Thayers lavender
EDT....Minotaur by Paloma Picasso

A lovley shave from my 1954 Gibbs, first use of the Haslinger sheep milk soap and found it to be top notch, would recommend .
BBS smooth, smelling great and ready for the day.

Have a good one people ......:)

Back
Top Bottom