S.O.T.D. Saturday 29th April to Friday 5th May 2017

Prep: Hot shower and L'Oreal charcoal face wash
Pre: BBA shave oil
Razor: ikon B1 OC
Razor blade: Gillette Platinum
Brush: Thater
Bowl: Little Wren Pottery
Soap: Martin di Candre

The Razor and blade were both sent to me by James @Acer89, thank you.

The soap was a sample sent to me by @Looney12345 thank you.

I use the BBA shaving oil for the first time and definitely felt the benefit on the first two passes. I didn't like the scent. There is something in this which is also in the face wash.

The soap. It's by far the easiest to lather I've used so far. Laughably fast in fact. I wasn't mad about the scent. This is the original and I believe it has lavender in there. I find lavender to be quite sweet and sickly.
The soap performed well but I doubt I'd buy a jar. Thanks to Olly for sorting out a sample, appreciate it.

The razor and blade: Both were excellent! Very smooth and very efficient. The best shave I've had in a long time.

Finished off with BBA aftershave balm. I used a lot less product than last time as I found it left my skin feeling sticky. Very good but I will use even less next time as a little goes a long way.

Laters
Rob
Great lather shot Rob :)

iqhVwaj.gif

Date: 02 May 2017

Brush: - Semogue Special Edition 2012 Badger/Boar knot 24/55mm
Cream/Soap: - Barrister and Mann Seville
Razor: - Colonial Razors "The General" SE with iKon Bulldog Handle
Blade: - Kai Captain Titan Mild (Pink) #12
Post: - T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent / Australian Private Reserve "SAA - Suitably Attired Australian" Aftershave

image.jpg SOTD 2nd May

Razor...Pal adjustable
Blade...Schick #4
Soap...La Savonniere du Moulin
Brush...Semouge 2000
Post...Thayers lavender
EDT...Obession by Calvin Klein

A trouble free shave using the wonderful donkey milk soap and the equally wonderful Pal, left as smooth as smooth can be.

Have a great day people......:)

SOTN head 02-05-17
Petrichor B & M, Semogue owners club badger two bands, Thiers Issard singing eagle hollow ground Buffalo sales, English leather.
The smell of wet soil, the soft brush with a good backbone, a padded foam that allows the caress of the razor, closing with the smell of wood and leather. There is no such thing as shaving with straight razor...
672c8593258fc94d264a0937444ec90d.jpg

Enviado desde mi XT1635-02 mediante Tapatalk

2nd may 2017.
C3.JPG
Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: hot shower:/Cien~Men: Tropical blast Shower Gel & Shampoo / warm wet flannel to my face.

Pre:

Freshwood Brushless Shave Cream .

Brush: Erasmic Pure Bristle.

Bowl Lather.

Soap: Van Der Hagen.

Blade: Gillette 7'oClock Super Stainless.(0)

Razor: Parker 94R.

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Peppermint Oil & Witch Hazel Mixture./The Real Shaving Co post Shave Soothing Balm.

Adidas: Ice Dive Eau.

Greetings,

Second outing of the 94R, i haven't made the mistake of setting a president with this superb razor,and expect a 10-out-of-10 shave each time i use it..Even though my maiden shave with her was phenomenally brilliant!

The result of my shave today was virtually identically the same..

Adding to that, all of my parker razors perform with efficiency ,and seem to deliver a superb shave with all the of the DE blades i use with them, obviously some work better than others,but on average it's pretty much the same..

A effortless 3 pass + pickups silky smooth shave with no errors to report. My 94R is my favourite DE razor at the moment. Enjoy your day,ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Greetings

Tuesday 2nd May 2017
Prep: Shower
Razor: Heljestrand
Blade: Heljestrand
Brush: Muhle XL Synthetic
Soap: Portland
Aftershave: Astral Cream (soft)
EDP: Miller Harris Tangerine Vert

My first shave with the Portland soap and I am a little less enthusiastic than I was when I initially purchased it yesterday, see here:- http://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/com...s-anybody-else-tried-it-or-heard-of-it.42994/

The soap builds a lather with the utmost ease (Arko easy) but contrary to what I said yesterday the lather on the face actually feels a little on the dry side with perhaps a slight lack of slip/glide; squeezed between my palms yesterday it seemed quite slippery, that's the difference between a proper shave test and a test hand lather.

The soap has just about zero scent, there is just the very faintest something there but it is so little that it can really be called scentless, a point I have no issue with. My face did feel just a little dry after the shave.

I would rate this soap as pretty decent, certainly not in the top flight though, if you had paid full price (£16.00) you would be entitled to be disappointed and even at £6.99 there are much better performing soaps.

Regards
Dick.

2.5.17.JPG

Back
Top Bottom