34338517211_02e1f27728_b.jpg

Friday 5th May 2017
SOTD 5th May.JPG
Pre Shave: Hot Shower, L'Oreal Hydra Power Face Wash and Proraso White
Razor: Gillette Fatboy (7)
Blade: Gillette Stainless (#2)
Brush: Semogue 610
Soap: Arran Aromatics Machrie
AS: Benjamins Bay Rum with menthol Irisch Moos balm.

Absolutely fantastic shave today, the Machrie soap lathered well but did not feel that slick but the shave was still great, the Fatboy with the Gillette Stainless felt 'buttery', it just glided smoothly across my face. Regular 3 pass shave resulting in a super close and smooth finish.

Fri 5th May

Omega 11126 boar
Speick Active
PAL Injecto-Matic
NOS Schick Super Chrome teflon coated [ 1 ]
AlumRub/Rinse off
Tuff Green A/S lotion

Just had to use another PAL , and try a new to me NOS blade. Always a bit of a worry when you try an NOS blade, is it OK Or a waste of money.Very pleased to say after a few strokes
it was OK, very smooth and efficient, indeed one of those rare face stroking shaves.

IMG_1275.jpg

Pre: Gillette Series Irritation Defence Pre Shave Wash
Razor: Gillette Aristocrat #66
Blade: NOS British Personna (3)
Soap: NOS Figaro P160
Brush: Razorock 400 24mm Synthetic

4297ba5339413b643e89b70002ea57b3.jpg

A slight mismatch combining a fairly mild razor and very smooth, but not excessively sharp blade. I'll keep the Personna blades for more aggressive razors going forward.

Friday's shave :)

Pre-shave - Warm shower, Wright's Coal Tar Soap, followed by BBA Pre Shave/Beard Oil.
Razor - Hone 15.
Blade - Gillette 7 O'clock Yellow (day 2).
Soap - L'Occtitane Cade Shave Cream.
Brush - Simpsons Chubby 2 - Best Badger.
Post shave - Myrsol "Metilsol" Astringent After Shave, followed by L'Occtitane Cade Aftershave Balm.

Great shave, very enjoyable, plenty of time this morning, which makes a difference.

The BBA Pre Shave/beard Oil is a real treat - performs exceptionally well, possibly the best pre-shave oil I have used (I aprciate that YMMV). I recommend giving the BBA Oil a try if you can!

All the best,

Chris

Back
Top Bottom