S.O.T.D. Saturday 25th March to Friday 31st March 2017

Wed 29th March

Vulfix 404 mixed
Vitos Red croap
Supply Se 3*
Schick "Chick " [ 5 ]
Alum Rub/Rinse off
Tuff Green A/S Lotion

I have mixed feelings about this Razor. On the most aggressive plate it shaves so smoothly, but there is little blade feel. I am finding that I get lulled into a false sense of security,and perhaps finish a shave too soon, leaving areas of my face not as closely shaven as they might be. Today was one of my more consistent Shaves.

View attachment 24375

There's a complaint most shavers wish they had: very efficient and too smooth. [emoji1][emoji1][emoji1]

05ed007994ce6ff724d4230fa891e54c.jpg

-Tula 5/8
-Zenith Pro
-Stirling Port au Prince
-Stirling Orange Chill

The Port au Prince is an fantastic scent of Haitian vetiver and lemongrass. Couple that with the mutton tallow formula, and this is a complete and total home run.

Have a great Thursday everybody. [emoji1]

29 03 17.jpg Razor: Schick G
Blade: Schick (1)
Brush: Shavemac ATG LE The Rowl Silvertip
Soap: Route 66 Perfect Storm
Aftershave: Folsom & Co. Shambala
Bowl: Symmetrical Starry Night Dottie Bowl

The Schick G is a very nice change from my other razors. It is very easy to get a close comfortable shave without any issues. The Route 66 Perfect Storm is a very good soap and a little harder soap than some of the other Route 66 soaps, which I like. All in all a very good three pass shave with a nice aftershave.

View attachment 24377 Razor: Schick G
Blade: Schick (1)
Brush: Shavemac ATG LE The Rowl Silvertip
Soap: Route 66 Perfect Storm
Aftershave: Folsom & Co. Shambala
Bowl: Symmetrical Starry Night Dottie Bowl

The Schick G is a very nice change from my other razors. It is very easy to get a close comfortable shave without any issues. The Route 66 Perfect Storm is a very good soap and a little harder soap than some of the other Route 66 soaps, which I like. All in all a very good three pass shave with a nice aftershave.
I love your bowl, I bet you whip up a great lather in that! :)

iqhVwaj.gif

Date: 30 March 2017

Brush: - Semogue Special Edition 2012 Badger/Boar knot 24/55mm
Lather: - Squadron Soap - Group Captain's Blend (Australian made)
Bowl: - Omega Via Barberia Ceramic Shaving Bowl
Razor: - Merkur 34C
Blade: - Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellow Sharp Edge #2
Post Shave: - Lucky Tiger Aftershave / Australian Private Reserve 'le courier' (The Mail) Aftershave Splash

I'm having a break from the Feather AC SS shavette as my neck need some rest because I can't keep on going while I'm still learning, because I need to look after my skin so don't worry it does take extra time to learn to master the shavette which I'm not going to give up.

SOTD: 30th March 2017.
D.Thurs 2.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: hot shower:/Dove-Cool Fresh body & face wash / warm wet flannel to my face.

Pre:

3 Drops of Wilkinsons Shaving Oil: / Fruits: Rhubarb & Vanilla Body Butter.

Brush: Omega( S )Synthetic.

Face Lather.

Soap: Blue's goat milk tallow.

Blade: Rapira Swedish Supersteel. (1 )

Razor: Parker 92R.

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Lavender oil & Witch Hazel Mixture./ David Beckham: Instinct A/S.

Gillette Sensitive Balm .

Greetings,
This week all of my SOTD set up's have performed excellently, today was no exception,resulting in a 3 pass +pick up's silky smooth shave,with no errors to report the 92R/Rapira S.S. duo was superb,my Omega'S' synthetic is a wonder, it doesn't matter what soap or cream i use for my shave, it performs brilliantly..Blue's goat milk tallow, is becoming one of my favourite soaps it never fails to give me a excellent lather,great protection and a excellent post-shave feeling to my face.
My face is feeling smooth & fresh...Enjoy your day,ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom