RazoRock 22 Synthetic brush
RazoRock Medico Della Peste soap
Ralph Lauren trac razor
Gillette trac cart
RazoRock Medico Della Peste aftershave
Barbers Choice Unscented balm

645e7ba4c3e6f8624de849c4fdaca601.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gillette old type clone, nannies lime soft soap, polsilver *1, semogue 1805, bond a/s, aloe vera gel.

coming to the end of the soap and the a/s - thank god! - i try to use soaps up but after a few weeks it can a get a bit samey. decent shave - incidentally, i got 8 good shaves out of the superdrug Contour type blade - would recommend them.

@Digimonkey. Sorry for the late response. I was waylaid by the Foo fighters at Glastonbury.

I bought the 30mm Finest second hand from another member a while ago. I've since sold it on. Nothing wrong with it, it was just too big for me.
The general consensus is the Finest is the one to go for. I do however know someone who swears by the Silvertip. It all depends on what you're looking for. Backbone or softness of tips?

I don't think you will go far wrong with either. If you don't like it you'll easily sell it on or buy a different one as they are relatively cheap.

Put it this way. I'm tempted to go for a 24mm soon. Haven't decided on hair type or handle yet though.
I like the look of these...
Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/322290822931

Thanks R. - as I said a member offered me a silvertip 30mm at a good price last night. Now bought. Apart from anything else It spares me the anxiety of wondering if it'll get snagged at Customs and then the inevitable being robbed by RM. I'm happy to try any of the hair types on offer - the size doesn't concern me, I have a Chubb 2 which I love using when I'm in a 'wall of badger' sort of mood. As you say - if they are as good as I hope them to be - I can pick up another. Thanks again to everyone for their help - at least I can trust you all here not to say 'do you really need another brush?' - well yes of course I do - that much is abundantly obvious. 'How many pairs of shoes do you own, out of interest?' Oh - the Foo's rocked most righteously - loud, shouty and sweary. Everything they should be. Cheers - I.

Sunday 25th June 2017
SOTD 25th June.JPG

Pre Shave: Hot Shower, L'Oreal Pure Power Face Wash and Proraso White
Razor: OneBlade Core
Blade: Feather FHS-10 (#2)
Brush: Maseto Fan Shape 2 band finest 30mm
Soap: la Toja stick
Post: Alum Block, Cold water and Thayers Lemon Witch Hazel
AS: La Toja AS Lotion

Today's shave was pretty much the same as yesterdays, possibly a tad closer. One issue was I struggled right where my top lip meets the underside of my nose, oddly I managed OK yesterday but today seemed a right faff as there were a few bits missed. Which is something I often found using Cartridges especially the Fusion carts but even with Mach 3 carts sometimes.

The Maseto brush is fantastic, really pleased with this brush, now I wonder what the Maseto Silvertips are like...........

Last edited:
Prep - Noxzema / Hot towel
Pre shave - Proraso
Razor – Merkur 34C HD
Blade – Astra S/P
Brush - 'The Archduke' (Brad Sears Archduke 26/50 2-Band Manchurian)
Soap – L&L: Bon Vivant
Post - Cold water rinse / Chatillon Lux: Bon Vivant Post Shave Toner

'The Archduke' whipped up a storm with the L&L: Bon Vivant, producing lashings of wonderfully hydrated lather. Chatillon Lux: Bon Vivant Post Shave Toner took care of the post shave duties...BBS, and ready to roll... SORTED!

Razor: Rockwell 6C (6)
Razor blade: Polsilver
Brush: shavemac unique
Cream: Trufitt & Hill Grafton

Second outing of the 6C and you'll all be surprised to hear there were no issues....really. OK I'm still not a fan of the over hang of the blade and the head is a tad too bulky.

I changed the blade from the Gillette 7 o'clock yellow. Changed to the Polsilver as recommend by a couple members, thank you. What a difference a blade makes.
I also moved up to plate 6 and found this combination a lot move comfortable and efficient.

A quick mention on the T&H cream. I really love the stuff. When I'm not sure what to go for I usually pick it up. Great performance and great scent.

There you go, short and sweet, just like me.;)

Laters
Rob

Back
Top Bottom