S.O.T.D Saturday 24th June to Friday 30th June 2017

My first go with the MdC Agrumes and I knew how good the base was before but the citrus scent from this soap is out of this world. The scent strength is like a 4 off the puck and doesn't get any stronger during the lather but it's a powerful citrus that always let's you know that it hasn't forgotten your olfactories. A 15 second load turned into an easy 3 pass shave with cleanup and enough left over for me to pull off of the brush and apply it to my face while I conducted gear cleanup. Beautiful! The Rose is next...
IMG_1647.JPG
Soap: MdC Agrumes (Citrus)
Razor: Timeless Scalloped .68 with TRH5 handle
Blade: PermaSharp (3)
Brush: Paladin PK-47 28 mm Ivory
Post Shave: Esbjerg Orange Vetiver Aftershave Creme​

Homage to Barry Giddens.

My shave of the day:

Murdock shaving gel.

BBA oil (courtest of Emma at BBA)

Edwin Jagger razor

Personna blade (1) courtesy of Barry

Trumpers Sandalwood cream again courtesy of Barry...

Executive shaving Alum block ( I dropped it and it only split in half!).

Vera Wang apres rassage

Spray of Vera Wang EDT.

First things first!

Thanks to Barry and Emma for the products...

Personna Blades ( love this one as much as the Sharks and Astras)...

The BBA oil.....Well I now understand about premium products! Key is to only use a drop. It went on nicely, no greasy feeling and no oily feeling on the fingers. It let the blade do its work effortlessly. A very nice product well packaged.

The Trumpers Sandalwood is lovely, Barry sent it as part of a blade trade). The creams goes on easily and One pass ( I really wanted to do two, but the blade cut through three days growth easily).

A rub with the broken Alum block and the post shave with Vera Wang to finish off...

I'm never sure where to comment on the post shave glass of merlot.... not a prerequisite but a nice way to finish ( not start) a great pre birthday shave....

Who knows the wife may even take me out...

Enjoy all

Mark

Barry the blades are on their way Friday!!

My first go with the MdC Agrumes and I knew how good the base was before but the citrus scent from this soap is out of this world. The scent strength is like a 4 off the puck and doesn't get any stronger during the lather but it's a powerful citrus that always let's you know that it hasn't forgotten your olfactories. A 15 second load turned into an easy 3 pass shave with cleanup and enough left over for me to pull off of the brush and apply it to my face while I conducted gear cleanup. Beautiful! The Rose is next...
View attachment 26463
Oh dear I shouldn't ask but....where do you get that orange vetiver aftershave creme from? It sounds lush...

Homage to Barry Giddens.

My shave of the day:

Murdock shaving gel.

BBA oil (courtest of Emma at BBA)

Edwin Jagger razor

Personna blade (1) courtesy of Barry

Trumpers Sandalwood cream again courtesy of Barry...

Executive shaving Alum block ( I dropped it and it only split in half!).

Vera Wang apres rassage

Spray of Vera Wang EDT.

First things first!

Thanks to Barry and Emma for the products...

Personna Blades ( love this one as much as the Sharks and Astras)...

The BBA oil.....Well I now understand about premium products! Key is to only use a drop. It went on nicely, no greasy feeling and no oily feeling on the fingers. It let the blade do its work effortlessly. A very nice product well packaged.

The Trumpers Sandalwood is lovely, Barry sent it as part of a blade trade). The creams goes on easily and One pass ( I really wanted to do two, but the blade cut through three days growth easily).

A rub with the broken Alum block and the post shave with Vera Wang to finish off...

I'm never sure where to comment on the post shave glass of merlot.... not a prerequisite but a nice way to finish ( not start) a great pre birthday shave....

Who knows the wife may even take me out...

Enjoy all

Mark

Barry the blades are on their way Friday!!
So pleased you enjoyed your shave Mark. And thank you for the homage! I hope you have a wonderful birthday.

View attachment 26463
I have a sample of the mdc agrumes haven't used it yet it does smell amazing one of the best citrus scents iv smelt in any soap :)

A+, already nBBS at two passes but hate to waste the lather kind of shave. Shovelhead/Blue Star is capable of the best shave I get from any razor, but depends entirely on blade QC. Good one today.
673bad739c93d6b28003706dc4639ec5.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom