S.O.T.D Saturday 24th June to Friday 30th June 2017

Evening shave.

Baxters of California Face Wash.
MWF.
RazoRock Bruce 24mm synthetic.
Schick Injector Adjustable on setting 5.
Personna Blade (1).
Thatchers Witch Hazel (unscented).
Proraso Green Aftershave.

Oh now I see why so many of you love MWF. I started with a dry puck and a damp brush. I loaded for quite some time and then began lathering in my lovely new Little Wren shaving bowl with my new RazoRock synthetic. Gradually added a little water every few seconds and then wow! A lovely thick, creamy lather filled the bowl. I had clearly loaded far too much of the soap on to the brush because I had enough lather for about 6 shaves! Cushioning and slick, wonderful! And my face feels great.
First use of a SE injector as part of a pass around. Thoroughly enjoyable. I can see why the Schick is still so popular. Not quite BBS, but very nearly. I will whack it up to setting 7 next time.

Evening shave.

MWF.
Personna Blade (1).

Oh now I see why so many of you love MWF. I started with a dry puck and a damp brush. I loaded for quite some time and then began lathering in my lovely new Little Wren shaving bowl with my new RazoRock synthetic. Gradually added a little water every few seconds and then wow! A lovely thick, creamy lather filled the bowl. I had clearly loaded far too much of the soap on to the brush because I had enough lather for about 6 shaves! Cushioning and slick, wonderful! And my face feels great.
First use of a SE injector as part of a pass around. Thoroughly enjoyable. I can see why the Schick is still so popular. Not quite BBS, but very nearly. I will whack it up to setting 7 next time.
There you go...welcome to the Fat Club...

Evening shave.

MWF.
Personna Blade (1).

A great soap and a great bowl, I did a test lathering earlier with MWF in my new bowl and wow, like you said thick creamy lather filled the bowl but soap is cheap enough so I always mix more than enough! Better too much than not enough! :)

A great soap and a great bowl, I did a test lathering earlier with MWF in my new bowl and wow, like you said thick creamy lather filled the bowl but soap is cheap enough so I always mix more than enough! Better too much than not enough! :)
Exactly! I think those little nobbly bits (technical term o_O) in the bottom of the bowl really help.

The nipple! Yes I think it does help and because the bowl is of a good depth you can lather like a mad man!:)
Precisely! And I'm looking forward to using the same method with your Supply Provision Single Edge tomorrow. Can't wait!
Have you just breached rules one and two?
That sounds ominous. May I ask what the rules are? :(

Back
Top Bottom