S.O.T.D Saturday 23rd July to Friday 29th July 2016

kQ3OC51.jpg

Zenith 505AK EXTRA Silvertip badger / D.R. Harris Arlington / Merkur 34C HD / Polsilver SI / Floid Blue

Last edited:
'The Fat', 'The Floid', and 'The Food'...

Late shave today...

• Hot shower
  • Glyce face soap
  • Proraso white pre-shave
  • The Fat + Plissoft
  • Braveheart/EJ89 + Voskhod (3)
  • Coal tar soap wash
  • Alum and cold rinse
  • The Floid (Amber)
  • The Food (GFT Lime)
View attachment 19908

Great shave. I've decided that 3 shaves with a Voskhod is optimum for me.
I would agree about the voskhods ,three is my limit but at that price you could do two and then chuck it, good choice in shaving soap imo.
Others may disagree!

SOTD - Juli 29
Pre: Shower and NSS Old Grey Bristle Test Coconut Milk Pre Shave Soap
Razor: ATT SE1
Blade: Feather Pro
Brush: Simpson Case Pure Badger
Soap: NSS Down Home Summer IMPROVED Signature

Today I received my ATT SE1. What a beautiful and well made razor. I loaded a Feather Pro blade into the ATT SE1. This razor is well balanced with the bamboo handle. It's longer than the Atlas handle but it feel good in my hands. It weighs 105 grams. This razor can be loaded with either Feather Artist Club or Kai Captain blades.

The first pass was just superb. This razor shaves mild yet very close. You will feel the blade. If I compare it with my 1912 ER than the ER is a bit harsh on the skin with a GEM blade. The first pass was near BBS. I can't compare it with other modern SE razors. But if I look at pictures of other modern SE razors the head of the ATT SE1 is thinner and you can shave good under your nose.

My second pass was ATG. This razor/blade combo will not pull/tug while shaving ATG. I only needed 2 passes for BBS result. On one problem area I did some touch up.

I'm very impressed by this razor. No skin irritation or whatsoever.

SOTD 30 A.JPG

SOTD - Juli 29

Today I received my ATT SE1. What a beautiful and well made razor. I loaded a Feather Pro blade into the ATT SE1. This razor is well balanced with the bamboo handle. It's longer than the Atlas handle but it feel good in my hands. It weighs 105 grams. This razor can be loaded with either Feather Artist Club or Kai Captain blades.

The first pass was just superb. This razor shaves mild yet very close. You will feel the blade. If I compare it with my 1912 ER than the ER is a bit harsh on the skin with a GEM blade. The first pass was near BBS. I can't compare it with other modern SE razors. But if I look at pictures of other modern SE razors the head of the ATT SE1 is thinner and you can shave good under your nose.

My second pass was ATG. This razor/blade combo will not pull/tug while shaving ATG. I only needed 2 passes for BBS result. On one problem area I did some touch up.

View attachment 19914
Great review of your ATT SE1 and glad you're enjoying it. I've been keeping an eye on BST, just in case one turns up...

SOTD - Juli 29

View attachment 19914
Very nice indeed, I have one of these on my need list, good report, good pic.

Back
Top Bottom