Razor ,, ATT R2 Kronos
Blade ,, Gillette 7 o'clock yellow (2)
Brush ,, Maseto 2 band
Soap ,, SV Felce aromatica
Post ,, Thayers cucumber , Aloe vera gel
A/S ,, Jaguar prestige
View attachment 24937
ENJOY YOUR DAY FELLAS
+ 1 on the Gillette 7 o'clock yellow (Sharpedge) Pat, along with Voshkod,polsilver my favourie blades..nice shave set up, .oh yeah like the avatar too.;)

Last edited:
SOTD - evening 25/4/17 - inspired by @TomG

Razor - Progress
Blade - Polsilver Lodz
Brush - Vie Long Anniversary Two-band
Soap - Lea Classic hard soap
Post - Allum and Witch Hazel
A/S - Lea Classic
Balm - Myrsol Emulsion

Result - super. I really needed to do something nice for my skin tonight, in addition to just shaving. I have been standing outside the High Court for two full shifts Monday & today monstering people involved in a major court case. It's been sunny but a bitter wind coming straight down from the Arctic. Result - very unhappy skin. The Classic hard soap is animal fat based - tallow always works well for me. I'd forgotten how good it is. The two-band has the necessary scritch to exfoliate - and is frankly a beautiful object. The shape and construction of the knot is a work of art. The matching Lea after-shave has glycerin listed - which might account for the excellent face feel. The scent of the soap and a/s are consistent - mostly sandalwood and oak moss. Both have a good dose of menthol too. Bit of Myrsol emulsion - job done. I suspect I might apply some un-refined shea butter just to double up. Enjoy your shaves - I

Great work! It's hard yards shaving when your skin is already raw. Outstanding strategy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10yf3a9.jpg

Brush: Vie Long 04503
Razor: Gillette Super Adjustable 'F3' w/ Rapira Swedish Supersteel
Soap: Le Savonniere du Moulin

Inspired by a thread on the Savonniere soap I chose that for today and what better to go with a donkey than it's cousin the horse! The soap is one of the best you can use, neutral scented and lathers effortlessly. I could happily use this soap daily.

The Super Adjustable continues to impress me, I'm using it at setting 3 currently and getting top top shaves. The Rapira is a good blade so far.

Finished off with some Florida Water which I have decanted into a Kilner jar, I dislike aftershaves stored in plastic bottles.

10yf3a9.jpg

Brush: Vie Long 04503
Razor: Gillette Super Adjustable 'F3' w/ Rapira Swedish Supersteel
Soap: Le Savonniere du Moulin

Inspired by a thread on the Savonniere soap I chose that for today and what better to go with a donkey than it's cousin the horse! The soap is one of the best you can use, neutral scented and lathers effortlessly. I could happily use this soap daily.

The Super Adjustable continues to impress me, I'm using it at setting 3 currently and getting top top shaves. The Rapira is a good blade so far.

Finished off with some Florida Water which I have decanted into a Kilner jar, I dislike aftershaves stored in plastic bottles.
+1 on the Rapira Swedish Supersteel blades & Thayers Rose witch hazel..both are superb.;)

Razor: Razorock Hawk
Razor blade: Schick Proline (3)
Brush: shavemac snowman
Bowl: Little Wren Pottery
Cream: Trufitt & Hill Grafton
Post: Thayers witch hazel and British barber Association aftershave balm.

The Hawk is another razor on loan from @Acer89 . Thank you James.

As some of you may be aware, my last shave was pretty rough. I took a risk trying another new razor but you know I'm all about living on the edge.:cool:

Thankfully the risk paid off. I found The Hawk to be smooth and comfortable.

I preferred the slots to hold the blade in place compared to The General. Apart from that The General is superior in every other way.

The T&H Grafton was a pleasure to use and scent is shear class.

British Barber Association aftershave balm: First thing you notice is the colour, chocolate brown, which I really wasn't expecting.
The consistency is very thick and I had to use a lot more than I usually do compared to any other balm I've used before.
The face feel is OK but a little tacky. The scent is very nice, light and fresh. It also has a nice cooling effect which is still going strong 3 hours later.
I'll need to use it a few more times before I make up my mind.

Thanks again to James for loaning me The Hawk.

Cheers
Rob
Enjoyed this SOTD Rob. Been hovering over the Hawk Buy Button :rolleyes:

Enjoyed this SOTD Rob. Been hovering over the Hawk Buy Button :rolleyes:

Hi Richard,
It's OK....for the money ie. cheap.

If you fancy a SE razor I would recommend the Colonial The General.
I own the aluminum version and used the Brass one. Both are excellent, it just depends on whether you like a light or heavy razor.
Even though the General is classed as a mild razor. I get very close shaves.

If you need to know any more please let me know.

Wednesday 26th April 2017
SOTD 26th April .JPG
Pre Shave: Hot Shower, L'Oreal Hydra Power Face Wash and Proraso white
Razor: Qshave Futur clone
Blade: Astra SP (#2)
Brush: Mason Pearson Super Badger
Cream: La Toja
AS: Nivea Originals Replenishing balm

Second shave with the Futur clone, I upped it to 4 today and the result was still good but there was some mild irritation around the area under my chin, but it soon went post shave.

Back
Top Bottom