S.O.T.D. Saturday 20th December to Friday 26th December 2014

prep: lovely warm shower
brush: Edwin Jagger XL STF
soap: Nanny's Warm Spice Signature (Christmas colours and scent!)
razor: Cobra Classic
blade: Feather Pro (on it's 5th shave, I'll try for a 6th but I think it may be getting too blunt), three passes
post: Mrysol Emulsion (my skin definitely needs a balm at this time of year. I'll be using the Executive Shaving balm for the rest of the week, I actually think it's as good if not even better than the Myrsol just not as photogenic!)

Sunday 21st December

SOTD211214_zps73eb54d7.jpg

Warm shower
Hot towel
Stroppe Shoppe London Morning scuttle lathered
HMW Badger brush made by myself
Gillette Big Fellow (Old Type 1920)
Astra SP (2)
Cold rinse
Thayers Lavender witch hazel
Myrsol F/Extra aftershave

After the usual 1- 2 minute hot towel prep:

1964 rebranded Macys large silvertip
Weber long handle/Mongoose head
XPEC SC
Lucky Tiger AS and Face Tonic
Laroche 'Drakkar Noir' EdT (vintage juice and thank you Vinny for the thought)

Got another shot at the Mongoose today and used a Pro Guard blade with 2 previous shaves on it from about a month ago. Loaded that up and went to shaving.

From the first downward stroke i knew this was gonna be a fun time and it sure was. Comfortable, yet still real effective on my face. Couple areas that need tweaks but very small things to deal with. The main thing is how good this feels on my face. Anyway, more thoughts maybe later after more shaves.

BBS results,

Martin

Prep: Hot shower
Pre: Village Barber shave oil
Soap: Wickham Super Smooth - Garden Mint
Bowl: Woodhead Large Tall Scuttle
Brush: L'Occitane Synthetic
Razor: ATT R2 Kronos
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (2)
After: Aqua Velva Classic AS, Weleda ASB

The L'Occitane brush performed well even without backbone and stirred up a great lather from Darron's best scent Garden Mint. I love that this soap has no menthol and is true to the actual mint plant.
My last Silver Blue blade and I don't think I'll get any more, I know it gets a lot of praise here but for me it's just average.

Enjoy the remains of the weekend, folks.

SOTD141221_zpsc38c7f13.jpg

Fatip Piccolo
Supermax Blue Diamond *4
Frankensoap - Monsavon/arko/the last of my Dandyism sample
FS Pur tech
Patrich Noir a/s

Don't know why i persist with this blade - my neck was red raw again. The weight of the razor helped with the rest of the shave though - much smoother than my last shave. Great lather from this soap/brush combo.

IMG_7467.JPG

Shower
Wickham's Master Lather Violet
Kent Infinity Silvertex
Gillette Rocket TV Special &
Personna Platinum Chrome (5)
Hot Rinse & Cold Rinse
Brut Original Cocktail*

Face Lathered
Two Pass - WTG & XTG

*¼ Brut Original Aftershave, ¼ Alcolado Glacial & ½ Brut Original Splash-On

Wow! What an excellent scent!

One of Wickham's forthcoming scents for 2015, it's Violet. Like their other floral scents, Violet is not over there in the sickly sweet category, but floral and even a little green, retaining the powdery scent of flowers and in this case without being overly powdery like Parma Violets.

On the face, its right there in just the right amount, sufficient to give you the full effect without grabbing your attention throughout the shave leaving you to get on with the task in hand and without getting in the way of your chosen aftershave product.

Alongside English Rose, English Lavender and hopefully other floral scents in 2015, it's a good one and will be in my collection as soon as it hits the market.

Sunday

Evening, gents.

Prep: Claus Porto's Lime-oil face soap
Razor: EJ DE89
Blade: Perma Sharp Super (2)
Brush: Kabuki Bamboo
Shave cream: Kiss My Face unscented
Aftershave: Ricardo L'Homme Black
Cologne: Kouros

Another top shave.

Globalneedz razor
Sputnik Teflon
Vulfix Grosvenor
Mr. Scruffles shaving stick / Nanny's Vetiver olive oil
Home made lemon eucalyptus witchazel blend

Took a chance on a tiny shaving soap stick found in Poundland. Unwrapped, it looks like Palmolive but is as hard as plastic. Lathers like plastic, too! In the bin now.

BBS results, mild heat.

DSCF3111.JPG

DSCF3113.JPG

NotTheStig said:
Globalneedz razor
Sputnik Teflon
Vulfix Grosvenor
Mr. Scruffles shaving stick / Nanny's Vetiver olive oil
Home made lemon eucalyptus witchazel blend

Took a chance on a tiny shaving soap stick found in Poundland. Unwrapped, it looks like Palmolive but is as hard as plastic. Lathers like plastic, too! In the bin now.

BBS results, mild heat.

DSCF3111.JPG

I really like the handle of my Globalneedz razor, especially its dimensions. It matches just right with my SE razors.
I didn't think much of the head though. Seems like yours ok, how does it compare to other DE razors?

Pre shave oil
Plisson synthetic
Tiki The Captain Tallow
Aristocrat Jnr
Sputnik (3)
Clarins aftershave energiser
Trumpers skin food

Not got this razor wet in a long time and it keeps calling out. Nice Sunday night shave.

Hot Shower
Bodyshop synthetic brush
Face lather with Eucris soap
Apollo vintage slant with EJ89 handle
Personna Blue (6)
Cien ASB
Aquatonic AS

Really good shave again but the last go for this excellent blade. Really liking the combination of the EJ89 handle with the Apollo head. Nothing negative to report on the the Eucris soap, just loaded generously with a firm, nearly dry brush.

Had to find out what is all the fuss about G.NEW, not one for vintage razors personally but I do like a good OC. Picked one up here, and yes I can officially admit the hype is justified. The handle came with it is a bit thin and short to my liking so mated to a Timor SS barberpoll and now we are cooking on gas. BBS near enough.

Brush: Omega 49
Soap: Palmolive stick
Razor: G.new, Timor SS Handle
Blade: G.Platinum. (7)
AS: Floyd Vigoroso

Monday 22nd December

Neutrogena G/Bar
Victoria Pure Bristle Brush
La Toja Cream
ER BTMM
Gem [5 ]
Alum Rub/Rinse
Nivea A/S Balm
La Toja Lotion A/S

Overdid Cream a bit [cheap really], but some Lather. With seemingly a perfect Angle.
the razor seemed glued to the Face. A nice comfortable shave.

Back
Top Bottom