S.O.T.D. Saturday 1th JuneMay to Friday 7th June 2013 ...

Saturday 06-01-13. MUSIC: The Smiths - Best ... I .

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFD9TmlcPx0[/video]

b824ad36-34c2-45fc-80cf-04c226604ab5.jpg

Soap from Aleppo - Vintage shaving brush TGN silvertip grade A - Gillette Fat Boy - Iridium Super #3 - Pre JASÖN - Shaving cream Weleda - Alum block - Thayers Original Aloe Vera - ASB Weleda - ASL Weleda.

Prep: Glycerine Soap, Cold Water, Myrsol Emulsion
Soap: D.R. Harris Windsor
Brush: Shavemac 177 Silvertip
Razor: Feather AS-D2
Blade: Personna Lab Blue (2)
EdT: D.R. Harris Windsor

Couple weepers on the chin, but overall a nice enough DFS.

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

shower with vintage Xeryus bath soap
no brush
'Webly'/Tungsten Personna 74 (7th shave into this blade and still excellent)
vintage 007 shave cream (right outta the can...heh)
Neutrogena oil free moisture
Givenchy 'Xeryus' EdT (black bottle)

So I recently found a small can of what looks like unused 007 shave cream from the 1970s I would guess. Yeah, I usta wear the EdT when it was a new frag..........sigh. Cripes, I am old. I was looking forward to at least huffing the stuff on my face, even if the shave was crap. Plus, I admit to being a sucker for the lather texture from a can.

So the scent was still plenty strong, although not quite as attractive to me now as when I was a kid. Still, it was pretty good, which is fine for a blind buy like this was.

I applied a thin layer to my face (fun using my fingers) and went to shaving. From the first WTG stroke, I knew this stuff was gonna be excellent. Yep, it was pretty damn good, rivaling many soaps I've used over the years. Surprised me how well it caused the blade to slide and the cushion was very nice. I could maybe see it being a problem (too much) if a large amount of lather was used.

Four passes and done deal. Face feels real good after a little closer than usual shave. This will be nice to have tucked away in the arsenal.

BBS results,

Martin

[attachment=7417]

Attachments

• 007.php
    15.8 KB · Views: 4
Razor: Puma '99' 13/16" full hollow ground
Brush: Thater 4125/00 2-band fan
Soap: Mitchel's Wool Fat
Astringent: Osma Alum
Aftershave: Speick

SOTD-13-06-01_zps02bd9ef7.jpg

Notes: Reasonably easy, close shave.

Saturday 1st June

sotd1613.jpg

Warm shower
Hot flannel
Nanny's Citrus zinger hard soap scuttle lathered
Simpson Emperor 1 super badger brush
Gillette 1918 Single ring old type OC
Sputnik (1)
Cold rinse
Witch hazel
Myrsol Lemon aftershave

A grand shave from the old type my 2nd single ring this has vastly more plating on it than my other one. It's good to shave with a piece of history 95 yrs old. The Sputnik a great blade sharp and smooth. The Lemon aftershave gives a cooling down with the menthol in it.

Brian

782sirbrian said:

A grand shave from the old type my 2nd single ring
Brian

Man, I think you mighta caused Johnus to have a bit of drool of desire dribbling down his chin when looking at that old razor. You know, that's his mostest favorite Old Type type. Heh, personally I hate those things, but I am in the minority though.

Martin

dodgy said:
782sirbrian said:

A grand shave from the old type my 2nd single ring
Brian

Man, I think you mighta caused Johnus to have a bit of drool of desire dribbling down his chin when looking at that old razor. You know, that's his mostest favorite Old Type type. Heh, personally I hate those things, but I am in the minority though.

Martin

Hello Martin,
I quite like them you were flashing pictures of a 1918 Bulldog a couple of weeks back, trying to hook me in eh :icon_rolleyes: a very nice heavy looking razor.
Regards Brian

782sirbrian said:
Hello Martin,
I quite like them you were flashing pictures of a 1918 Bulldog a couple of weeks back, trying to hook me in eh :icon_rolleyes: a very nice heavy looking razor.
Regards Brian

Well, I do what I can,

Yeah, that rabid Bulldog is good bait. Couldn't get you with that one eh? Surprisingly, there's not much weight to the thing, with the handle being hollow and all. Heh, looks good though.

Well, I have an 04 that I may have to detarnish again. Man, the thing turns black just sitting in the case. Another horrible shaver for me that I never use,, even though it's in beautiful shape.

merkur hd
flying eagle
simpsons berkeley best badger
la toja shave stick
pinaud classic vanilla AS/ 444

a very nice quickie. an honourable mention to the pinaud classic vanilla, a wonderful AS. not much in the way for the skin but as an old fashioned alcohol splash with a wonderful, understated masculine scent its great stuff.

Prep: Cold Water Splash
Razor: R41 '13 Weber Bulldog
Blade: Astra SP (1)
Brush: Neep 26mm (48mm Loft) Stone Extra Silvertip #1283
Soap: Proraso Menthol
Aftershave: Speick Splash

A very nice, 2 pass, cold water, face lather shave.

My 3rd shave with this head now, the Astra SP gave a much smoother shave than the last couple with a 7 O'Clock Super Stainless.

ATG on my neck is now fine, no weepers as i've got the very shallow angle sorted ATG now.

This BBS shave wiped out a week of stubble without breaking a sweat! 

Prep: Hot Shower
Razor: Heljestrand MK30 Tshell
Brush: M&F Blond Badger l7
Soap: RazoRock Classic
ASB: TOBS Sandalwood
AS: Dr.Harris Sandalwood

Very nice Shave, 3 passes and super smooth.

DSC00535_zpscaa20617.jpg

Back
Top Bottom