S.O.T.D Saturday 1st July - Friday 7th July

19761899_448044635581628_4060416353121599488_n.jpg

Brush: Omega 10098
Razor: Gillette Super Adjustable
Blade: Treet Carbon (1)
Soap: Mitchells Wool Fat

A great shave for Woolfat Wednesday, can't remember using a Treet Carbon in this razor and for me they are terrible blades but today's shave was surprisingly good. No issues at all, besides my Gibbs No 17 I find this razor to be my smoothest shaver. Never have issues when I use this, wish I could say the same about all the other razors I own.

S.O.T.D
Pre - Shower / Hot Towel
Razor - Qshave Adjustable
Blade - Voskhod
Brush - Maseto ED 24mm 2 Band
Soap - Valobra Stick
Post - Geoffrey Beene Grey Flannel Aftershave/Nivea Men Sensitive Post Shave Balm 149925843553605[1].jpg
first use of the qshave adjustable razor I won in blademonkeys pif , iv never used a merkur future before so I carnt compare it to that but iv just had a great shave with it and no cuts which is a good sign actually iv had a very close shave BBS in 3 passes and some pickups I will try a different blade in the razor next time I use it , Big Thank you to @Blademonkey and also thank you for the nice postcard wild mesembryanthemum on the Cornish coast lovely picture :D - also in this shave today I used for the first time geoffrey beene grey flannel aftershave sample @Palmolive fox kindly sent me whooo its strong :eek: lol and I did get a bit of a sting from it but not bad thank you mate :) ~HAPPY SHAVING ~

Wednesday

Olive oil Soap and Man Cave Olivestone Facial Scrub
3P Preshave cream
Fitjar Slatteroy Shaving cream
Vulfix medium synthetic brush
ES Claymore V2 on a Windrose P2 handle
Proline-P blade (#2)
Witch Hazel
Naissance Jojoba Gold Oil
Barbershop Natural Bay Rum

My pre night duty shave. The Prolines are a good blade but I don't think they are as sharp as the Feather Super Pros I an familiar with. Went with a 3 pass shave today for a BBS result.

Evening shave.

Baxters of California Face Wash. Proraso Green pre-shave cream.
Proraso Green Soap.
Vulfix 404.
Little Wren bowl.
Schick Injector Adjustable.
Schick Twin Blade (1).
Thayers Witch Hazel (unscented).
Proraso Green Aftershave.
Proraso Green post-shave cream.

Fancied a hit of menthol in this heat so went full out Proraso. Nice. I have enjoyed using the Schick Injector but I must say that the Twin Blades (courtesy of @Blackmass) take this razor to another level. Very smooth, very close shave. And I feel a bit cooler. So all's well.

Wednesday 5th July 2017
5th july.JPG
Pre Shave: Hot Shower + L'Oreal Pure Power Face Wash and Proraso White
Razor: OneBlade Core
Blade: Feather FHS-10 (#5)
Brush: Maseto Fan Shape 2 band finest 30mm
Soap: Scottish Fine Soaps
Post: Alum Block, Cold water and Thayers Lemon Witch Hazel
AS: Nivea Soothing Balm

I decided to shave with the OndBlade Core again today after having a few days of not shaving and before that using a Schick Adjustable. I was keen to find out how the Core coped with 3 days growth and I want try the Core as much as possible now in case I decide to return it for a refund.

Well the shave was excellent, the Core seemed to cope as well with 3 days growth as it did with 1 days growth, very impressed and this blade is now on shave no. 5 and seems to be going fine.

Knowing now how irritation free the Core shaves even with pressure, I am actually easing off the pressure a bit now but we are still not talking no pressure to get a good result, I decided to try the Scottish Fine Soap again. The last time I shaved with this soap I had terrible irritation and thought it might be the soap so I figured I would try it again, that last shave with irritation was with a GEM G Bar and a GEM coated blade. Well whatever caused the irritation last it was probably not the soap, today was a completely irritation free shave and the Maseto brush easily whipped up a great lather from the soap.

Back
Top Bottom