S.O.T.D. Saturday 17th June to Friday 23rd June 2017

Greetings All,

Wednesday shave.

One days' growth and warm shave

Preparation – face washed in hot water with Clique Liquid facial soap (mild)

Pre: Prorosa white pre-share
Soap: Executive Shaving Co. – Bay Rum Cream
Razor: Merkur 34c
Blade: Shark Razor (3rd)
Brush: Molten Brown Shaving Brush

Post Shave: Cold water rinse, then a shower, followed by Proraso aftershave lotion (green) and Proraso post shave cream (white)

Shark blade still performing well on third use. The ES Bay Rum Cream lathered up extremely well, but still not 100% sure about the scent. However, the lather was slick as can be and did 3 passes and no need for touch ups. Trying daily shaves to see how my skin handles it (first time doing so DE shaving).

Enjoy hump day :D

Wednesday 21st June
Zenith 507 TS
Mentholated Nivea Originals Cream
GEM Junior Parade w/Baton handle
GEM SSC #6
Rinse > Alum > Rinse
Alcolado Glacial Splash
Lacura Body Moisturiser
Te3zUQA.jpg

I mentholated a tube of Nivea shave cream with some powdered menthol crystals. The result was a nicely chilled effect which complimented well with the underlying scent of the Nivea. I'm well impressed and have since added more menthol to chill it down further.

Wed 21st June

RazoRock Syn. 24mm
Tabac
Supply Single Edge V1 - 3dot plate
Schick Proline Type B [ 1 ]
Alum Rub/Rinse off
Tabac A/S lotion

Having only just got the hang of this Razor, and managing to get consistent all round shaves of a reasonable quality I resisted binning this Razor.
Some time ago I started to use the Schick Proline Type P blade in some AC SE razors , and found it to
be very good. I noted there was a 38mm version too, and thought might be good in the Single Edge.

Yesterday I got some from Japan,and loaded one upon the Single Edge. Loading very easy, and the Shave was so smooth it was difficult to believe it was cutting,as there was little blade feel. However,
in what was a quick Shave I acquired one of those up there Shaves,that happens from time to time.
This is the blade for me with the Single Edge, and I do not need a more aggressive plate.

IMG_1349.jpg

19367053_655062944696413_103025674041688064_n.jpg

Brush: Omega Pro 48
Razor: Gillette Tech
Blade: Wilkinson Sword (1)
Soap: Phoenix and Beau Solaris
Post: Boots Tea Tree WH, Nivea 2 Phase & 4711 Ice Cool Cologne

Marginally better shave today, did my usual soaking, blooming and switched to a blade I have cinfidence in. I think it is the razor at fault, never been a fan of Techs and how they shave. The past two days seem to corroborate it and tomorrow will confirm it. The soap is lovely especially on a sunny day, love the scent. The brush surprised in a good way, soft as anything, it doesn't get much use which is a shame but from now on it will! finished with a little tickle of menthol in the 4711 Ice Cool cologne.

Wednesday afternoon;

IMG_4736.png

Using a QShave with a Feather Hi-Stainless on it's first outing (mercy me, they're sharp!), and the QShave set on 3.5 I got to work. One minor (I mean really minor) weeper under my chin but nothing else to mention. That being said, post-shave I chucked on a little witch hazel and it gave me a tingle, rather strangely. Now, some 15 minutes later I'm sitting here and still feeling a slight tingle. Maybe I got a little too close on this occasion. I'm very much favouring my Thomas Clipper DE to this QShave, so it might be my go-to in favour of this. Similarly, my SE's seem to be getting me a better, more comfortable, easier shave... Can't fault the QShave for what it does though! Especially for £5.50 delivered!
The newly-acquired Rod Neep 25mm Silvertip is gorgeous to look at and lovely to use to boot, plus it features a Welsh Dragon etched into the brass collar so I'm a happy chappy with it! I'd love to exaggerate the Dragon but I have no idea how I'd go about it... It does need a polish anyway so I'll see whether that acts favourably. As @nolisco mentioned prior to sale, it does shed a bit which is a shame as it's got a beautiful knot in it. Slight scritch and not overly floppy. A reknot is in order and I think I'll keep this one a silvertip! :D
Anywhom, back to the shave. Fine Platinum soap was super soapy, super (nice) smelly and super slippery! Can't ask for more in a soap. 2 passes at 3.5 and some slight touch ups at 2 and I'm done. Feeling fresh to (apparently) end the stuffy-hot weather we've been having.

Onto the next one, chaps!

Wednesday 21st June 2017

sotd 21st june.jpg
Pre Shave: Hot Shower, L'Oreal Pure Power Face Wash and Proraso White
Razor: iKon 101 + OSS handle
Blade: Super-Max Platinum (#2)
Brush: Plisson Pure Badger
Cream: Real Shaving Co.
AS: Nivea Soothing Balm

A better shave today, no bits missed pretty smooth and no irritation the Super-Max Platinum blade seemed to fare better in the iKon 101 compared to the Rockwell 6C (R4) I used yesterday. Maybe it was just me yesterday, that said I think I will still be switching blades tomorrow.

@Wazzer3 & @Corto You're right I probably should have binned the blade, but I was surprised that today's shave fared better.

Last edited:
Tuesday's shave

Preshave- face-wash with Cold tar soap, followed by Proraso Preshave Cream (Green).
Soap - Proraso (Green).
Brush - Omega synthetic Barbour pole.
Razor - ikon 101.
Blade - Gillette Silver Blue (day 2).
Post shave - Myrsol Lemon Splash.

On holiday in Ibiza (day 2). Monday's shave was a shocker: a 2 pass, which felt good at the time ended up with a bad shave rash on my neck.

Today, went for a single pass - no evidence of a rash, but not the best shave blegs my standards, but passable.

I am convinced that the quality of the water is one of the key parameters in getting a decent shave. Noticed a lot of soap scum after my shaves, which got me thinking that the water may be harder than what I am used to.

I bought the Omega synthetic Barbour pole brush to my holiday. Very pleased with this: excellent lather works very well

About to go out and skin feels rough. I am tempted to try a shave with OSP lemon cream shave; Hone 15a; Gillette Sven O'clock Yellows.

All the best,

Chris

Tuesday's shave

Preshave- face-wash with Cold tar soap, followed by Proraso Preshave Cream (Green).
Soap - Proraso (Green).
Brush - Omega synthetic Barbour pole.
Razor - ikon 101.
Blade - Gillette Silver Blue (day 2).
Post shave - Myrsol Lemon Splash.

On holiday in Ibiza (day 2). Monday's shave was a shocker: a 2 pass, which felt good at the time ended up with a bad shave rash on my neck.

Today, went for a single pass - no evidence of a rash, but not the best shave blegs my standards, but passable.

I am convinced that the quality of the water is one of the key parameters in getting a decent shave. Noticed a lot of soap scum after my shaves, which got me thinking that the water may be harder than what I am used to.

I bought the Omega synthetic Barbour pole brush to my holiday. Very pleased with this: excellent lather works very well

About to go out and skin feels rough. I am tempted to try a shave with OSP lemon cream shave; Hone 15a; Gillette Sven O'clock Yellows.

All the best,

Chris

Back
Top Bottom