Nivea Face Wash, BBA Shave Oil.
Haslinger Sheepsmilk.
RazoRock Bruce 24mm Synth.
Little Wren Pottery.
Cobra (on loan).
Proline P-30 (3).
Pinaud Clubman Special Reserve.
BBA After Shave Balm.

Another faultless two pass shave with the Cobra. Would it be controversial for me to say that in my admittedly limited experience, Haslinger soaps are better than MWF?

16-10-17;

FC95_B51_D-3_B97-4_A0_F-_A00_D-93_A8_FCFA6825.jpg

Supply ••
B-20 (#5)
Lemon Chill
Midas

B-20 as sharp as when I first trialled it. Going strong - no need for me to jump up or down a plate it would seem. This razor could easily be the one and only in my arsenal... where's the fun in that?! Lemon Chill was... cold. :D Needed the freeze tonight! Great lather with this reknotted long-handled brush. A dribble of M&S Woodspice Amber a/s gave a bit of burn; not untoward.

Who's next?

Mon 16th October
RazoRock Syn. 24mm
L'Occitane Cade cream
Supply S Edge V1 / Windrose Handle
Persona ( 1 )
Alum Rub/ Rinse off
Pitralon A/S lotion

Tried the Supply again with the Personna again, as I felt it deserved another go .I have graduated to plate 3, and need to work hard with this Razor to get a good close Shave.

Today things went fairly well as the effectiveness of the Razor/blade combo seemed to be helped by the Shaving cream.Still required lots of polishing work to get a good close finish, am convinced it is too mild for my beard.

IMG_0020.jpg

Last edited:
Monday's shave :)

Pre-shave - Warm shower, Wright's Cold Tar Soap face wash.
Razor - Supply-SE (Plate **)
Blade - Schick Proline P20 (Day 5).
Soap - D.R. Harris Eucalyptus Shave Cream.
Bowl - Little Wren.
Brush - Simpsons The Duke Pure Badger Hair.
Post shave - Proraso (Green) Aftershave Splash, followed by Proraso (White) Aftershave Balm.

A very enjoyable 2 pass shave, this morning. Not much stubble to shave off, after my Sunday afternoon shave, BBS.

The Proraso (Green) aftershave splash was a great boost this morning, washed away the cobwebs :)

All the best,

Chris

Mon 16th October
RazoRock Syn. 24mm
L'Occitane Cade cream
Supply S Edge V1 / Windrose Handle
Persona ( 1 )
Alum Rub/ Rinse off
Pitralon A/S lotion

Tried the Supply again with the Personna again, as I felt it deserved another go after.I have graduated to plate 3, and need to work hard with this Razor to get a good close Shave.

Today things went fairly well as the effectiveness of the Razor/blade combo seemed to be helped by the Shaving cream.Still required lots of polishing work to get a good close finish, am convinced it is too mild for my beard.

View attachment 30072

I felt like that with the Supply - plate *** when using the Persona, a mild shave. However, that changed after playing around with the angle and then when I loaded the Supply with a Proline P20 blade with the custom plate (**).

I now, consistently get a BBS with 3 passes, with the Supply on the custom plate. I appreciate that YMMV.

I was worried that this razor would not work for me. I'm delighted that I stuck with this.

I am now thinking about going for the Supply V2.0 - it sounds as if this razor has slightly more efficiency/aggression. I wonder if the Supply v2.0 will give me a BBS with the custom plate, using the Personna blades?

If my experience is anything to go by, I recommend keeping on with the Supply-SE.

All the best,

Chris

SOTD: 161017
SOTD 161017 3.jpg

Blade: Proline #2
Razor: Feather SS Japanese style (On Loan)
Brush: Simpsons Best Badger
Soap: NSS Moroccan Sands
EDT: M&S no2. Fresh, Spicy & Masculine ( as described )

This is my second attempt with the feather and due to the fact that it bit me during my last shave, I decided to go for a single pass.

No cuts or irritation and the result was a really decent DFS shave.

Once bitten, twice shy as they say but I am really enjoying the experience. A special thank you once again goes out to @culcreuch for giving me such a wonderful opportunity.
(No need to stay on standby this evening Brian.;):D)

Enjoy your shaves :)

Date: 17 October 2017

Pre: - Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush: - Semogue SOC 2 Band Badger in Ash Wood 24/53mm
Lather: - Wholly Kaw - Yuzu/Rose/Patchouli Special Edition (tallow) Donkey Milk
Bowl: - Captain's Choice Cobalt
Razor: - Muhle R41 v2013 with the iKon Bulldog Handle
Blade: - Super Max Blue Diamond Platinum Coated #1
Post: - Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic / Bulldog Original Moisturiser
Fragrance: - YSL L'Homme

Back
Top Bottom