S.O.T.D. Saturday 11th May to Friday 17th May 2013

Prep Shower
Razor Wilkinson Sword Quattro (needed to be quick)
Brush Frank Shaving Butterscotch Silvertip
Cream T+H Rose
Post Witch Hazel, GFT Coral Skinfood
A/s T+H Freshman.
Hate to say it. Pretty decent shave and the first for a long time with cartridge.... Loving the new silvertip brush though.

TOBS Sandalwood shave soap
Merkur11C
Astra Superior Platinum blade
Omega Pro 48 boar brush
Witch hazel
Bulldog aftershave balm (Sensitive)
Wee splash of Trumpers Curzon Cologne

Smooth shave and ready for work tomorrow!

Gillette Sensor Excel (5)
Semogue SOC 2-band
Mitchell's Wool Fat
Lucky Tiger Face Tonic

I'm not doing the weekly soap this week - partly because Im itching to try my other soaps and mostly because I've little interest in Ingrams especially after a week of Proraso mentholated shaves. MWF loaded the dirty way reminded me that it really is an excellent soap.

I'm back from Wales but will continue with the cartridge even though I'm back home. I get consistenty excellent shaves from it and much prefer it to the Mach3. I'm almost considering duplicating the handle and stockpiling the cartridges while they're still easily available. I'm coming to prefer travelling with a system razor to a DE. Will need to compare the Excel to the Sensor and the Fusion ProGlide first, mind you.

Monday 05-13-13. MUSIC: Creedence Clearwater Revival - Pendulum (1970).

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCKWYDNw-PM[/video]

dec87521-0df7-452f-9d31-c226d0638888.jpg

Soap from Aleppo - Semogue SOC two bands - Merkur 25C - Gillette 7 O'clock yellow #5 - Pre JASÖN - Shaving soap Dr. Harris Marlborough - Alum block - Thayers Original Aloe Vera - ASB Truefitt & Hill - ASL Opaline.

Monday, 13.v.2013

Predopobarba Proraso
Vie-Long 16728 2-band
Nanny's French Lavender hard soap
German bakelite slant
Super Iridium
Thayer's Witch Hazel Lemon
Manufaktura Beer ASB

P1070160.jpg

MONDAY EVENING

Prep: Hot flannel
Razor: CJB Kamisori \ Gillette Sheraton
Blade: Feather Professional (3) \ Rapira (4)
Brush: Simpsons Hive
Soap: Sir Irisch Moos stick - face lathered

Shouldn't have pushed the Rapira to 4. Got a couple of wee nicks on the chin.

This is my 'grail week' for the Hive. If I still haven't cracked a good lather by Friday it will be on the BST on Saturday.

Breaks my heart to sell if as it's so beautiful but there's no point keeping it if it doesn't work for me.

John said:
Dr Dulcamara said:
And now let's see if Martin shows up here and tells us something about this tallow based soap. Or about this shea butter he wants to try. Or about this pic especially made for coax him.

You naughty boy you,I can here thrashing of a fish near your picture bait but will he bite? Mabe some helpfull comments.....

John? This guy reminds me of Mikey in some ways. I gotta admit the Good Doctor knows which of my damn buttons to push. He even made a point of including the Cobra in this pic.........sheesh.

I have only a sad AOS story. Years ago when I used lots of creams I would often lather up the lemon version. Very good performance and the scent was kinda nice. It's a single note frag with a true unsweetened lemon scent and was the only AOS flavor I cared to use. Never tried any of the soaps back then, even though I heard they were made by Valobra in Italy and were excellent performers. On reflection, maybe I shoulda loaded up on that stuff. Reason I say that is because a vendor was selling all the AOS soaps/creams at exactly half price. Heh, I bought 1 tub of cream for $11 and that was it. Soaps were $13.

For whatever the reason, I never have used the AOS soaps.

Best I can do Doc

Burgundy said:
Gillette Sensor Excel (5)
Will need to compare the Excel to the Sensor and the Fusion ProGlide first, mind you.

When I first started using a Sensor, having just tossed the M3, the regular plain version was recommended. No lube strips on those earlier versions, which is what you want to try.

I used the regular Sensor for 6 months with great results, before moving on to injectors.

Tuesday 14th April

Prep: Hot Shower
Brush: NF 2213
Cream: Body Shop Maca Root- Bowl lathered
Razor: EJ89
Blade: Lord Super Chrome (3)- Single shim

Not quite BBS today, missed the awkward patch under my chin, but other than that quite a good shave. Definitely getting to grips with the brush now, and it seems an excellent brush, very pleased with it. Something wasn't quite right today though, I had a couple of weepers, nothing the cold splash didn't sort out. I don't know whether the blade was giving up on me, which is possible, or the Maca Root just didn't provide as much protection as the TOBS on my last shave. Who knows? Let's put this behind us, and look at the positives. A very nice shave, and boy, this bay rum is incredible! Going to bed smelling good :icon_razz:

Czech and Speake 88 shaving soap
Henk walnut silvertip
Open comb New
Supermax Blue Diamond
Escape moisturising balm

Average result and enjoyment. Soap lathers well and I would be happy Rotbart use it again but scent doesn't really impress me. Blade smooth and good for a quick two pass shave.

Myrsol emulsión
Shavemac 177
MÜHLE R89 + Astra Superior Stainless
PannaCrema San Francesco
Honeybee Gardens Vermont

img0011copia.jpg

Have a nice day!​

Tuesday:

On my travels for the next few days, hotel shaves in a well lit bathroom, which as others have stated isn't always the case in hotels.

Vilvix 660
LEA stick
FaTip/JEC handle
Gillette 7 o'clock SharpEdge
Pinaud Vanilla
Nivea Anti irritation ASB

Nice shave, smooth and comfortable. Now off for a fun filled day at a conference.

Back
Top Bottom