Greetings

Monday 13th May 2013
Prep: Shower
Razor: Ever Ready 1912
Blade: GEM Stainless Coated
Brush: Vulfix 406 Boar
Cream: Ingram
Aftershave: Astral Cream (light)

In the spirit of being a team player I have 'endured' a shave with Ingram's; to be quite fair the only thing I have against Ingram is that it is Mentholated (a fairly major point if you are less then keen on menthol) the cream provides a great lather and good slip/glide but I dislike the way it anaesthetises your face. The cold water rinse gives me brain freeze! :icon_razz:

Regards
Dick.

DSC04298.JPG

TOBS Lavender shaving cream
Henk walnut silvertip
New Standard (NEw Improved)
Super Iridium (second shave I think)
Joop EDT.

Very nice but I splashed far too much Joop on, forgetting it was EDT rather than a/s!

Hotel shave this morning, so I get to use the Cream of the week, which is banned indoors as the misses hates the smell of it.

Prep: Hot Shower
Brush: Simpson Wee Scot
Razor: Gillette Bostonian
Blade: Gillette SuperThin
Balm: Barbershop Bay Rum
Cologne: Issey Mayake

I haven't used Ingram much for about 10 years due to the fact that my wife doesn't like it, but it's like an old friend as it is what I used when I first started shaving as a teenager, largely as it is what my Dad has always used.

Still as good as I remember, I face lathered with the Wee Scot and produced an excellent creamy lather, just a shame that the people that design the bathrooms in Holiday Inn still haven't worked out that you need to be able to see what you are doing, perhaps I should pack a torch in future. Why is it so dark in the bathroom? I don't need mood lighting to have a shave.

Still a good shave, and quite enjoyable.

Prep: Proraso White
Brush: NF Tubby 1
Razor: Weber DLC/UFO U2

First time trying ingrams, couldn't get the consistency right. Had to rinse out my brush and try it much drier. In the end was a good shave not the thickest of lather, but BBS and irritation free.

John said:
The Art of Shaving tallow based Lavender Soap is spectacular.

And now let's see if Martin shows up here and tells us something about this tallow based soap. Or about this shea butter he wants to try. Or about this pic especially made for coax him.

You naughty boy you,I can here thrashing of a fish near your picture bait but will he bite? Mabe some helpfull comments.....
[/quote]

John? This guy reminds me of Mikey in some ways. I gotta admit the Good Doctor knows which of my damn buttons to push. He even made a point of including the Cobra in this pic.........sheesh.

I have only a sad AOS soap story. Years ago when I used lots of creams I would sometimes lather up the lemon version. Very good performance and the scent was kinda nice. It's a single note frag with a true unsweetened lemon scent and was the only AOS flavor I cared to use. Never tried any of the soaps back then, even though I heard they were tallow based made by Valobra in Italy and were excellent performers.

Anyway, a few years ago one vendor was selling off all the AOS soaps/creams for half price. Using hindsight I now realize I shoulda bought a bunch of soaps but didn't. Oh well.

I am now reading the soaps have since been reformulated but have no first hand knowledge.

Best I can do storywise.......

Martin

Prep: Hot shower
Pre: Proraso pre-shave
Soap: Ingram (soap of the week)
Bowl: Woodhead Pedestal #2
Brush: Traditional Shaving Co. Pure Badger
Razor: EJ DE89L (shimmed)
Blade: Gillette 7 o'clock green (2)
After: Superdrug Sierra Breeze AS, L'Occitane Cade ASB

Ingram Week Day 1

Not having used Ingram before I found I had to use a little more cream than I would usually, but I'd expected this from others' reports. Managed to whip up a decent lather but wasn't as voluminous as with other creams.

On the first pass I was thinking "this lather doesn't smell that mentholly". Second pass I was thinking "this feels quite cool now". Third pass I thought "I can't feel my face any more!"
However I started to get full feeling back to my face after an hour or so. Wow, this would be good for hot summer days but today wasn't one of them.
I don't think it matters what aftershave you use as the Ingram conquers all.

I felt the lather is thinner on the face but still seems to give the same comfortable shave that other creams do with a thicker consistency.

Result: Nice smooth shave with a feeling that you should be in the dentist waiting room ready for a filling.

dodgy said:
John said:
The Art of Shaving tallow based Lavender Soap is spectacular.

And now let's see if Martin shows up here and tells us something about this tallow based soap. Or about this shea butter he wants to try. Or about this pic especially made for coax him.

You naughty boy you,I can here thrashing of a fish near your picture bait but will he bite? Mabe some helpfull comments.....

John? This guy reminds me of Mikey in some ways. I gotta admit the Good Doctor knows which of my damn buttons to push. He even made a point of including the Cobra in this pic.........sheesh.

I have only a sad AOS soap story. Years ago when I used lots of creams I would sometimes lather up the lemon version. Very good performance and the scent was kinda nice. It's a single note frag with a true unsweetened lemon scent and was the only AOS flavor I cared to use. Never tried any of the soaps back then, even though I heard they were tallow based made by Valobra in Italy and were excellent performers.

Anyway, a few years ago one vendor was selling off all the AOS soaps/creams for half price. Using hindsight I now realize I shoulda bought a bunch of soaps but didn't. Oh well.

I am now reading the soaps have since been reformulated but have no first hand knowledge.

Best I can do storywise.......

Martin
[/quote]
Hi Martin looks like the helpfull good Doctor is indeed fishing for you and with out mercy and he's got you on his hook, I have tryed Valobra and its a good performer,but alas judging buy the reaction I think they are tallow based and didn't agree with my chops.:s

Hot shower
Prorasso Green pre shave
Prorasso Green soap
Simpson Duke 3
Merkur 39 (c)
Bolzano blade
Prorasso green aftershave
Boots Freshwood balm
Penhaligons Racquets Cologne

First time using this razor, and first time with this blade. Not as aggressive as I was led to believe. Cut through 3.5 days of growth with ease. I would describe this razor as efficient, rather than aggressive. Small weeper on the adams apple, not unusual for me and I expect the second shave with this blade will be slightly better. (I find this with most blades)

3 pass BBS shave, on application of the Prorasso I realised just how smooth this combo is. No sting, just a warming glow (apart from the Adams apple)

Enjoyable, unrushed shave.........

Afternoon,

Prep: Usual hot shower
Pre: Proraso Green
Soap: Ingrams(Cream/Soap of week)
Razor: Gillette Super Adjustable (R3)
Blade: Personna Lab Blue(2)
Brush: Vulfix 404
EdT: AdP Colonia Assoluta

Another great shave with this razor/blade combo. Nice menthol wake-up with Ingrams and Proraso !!!!

Monday 13th May

sotd13513.jpg

Warm shower
Hot flannel
Sir Irisch moos cream scuttle lathered
Simpson Milk churn best badger brush
Gillette 1961 Fatboy set at 4
Voskhod (2)
Cold rinse
Witch hazel
Sir Irisch moos aftershave balsam

Brian

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: M&F
Razor: Taylor 1000
Soap: Penhaligon's English Fern
AS: Blue Floid
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean :D

Prep: Glycerine Soap, Cold Water, Proraso Pre Green Tea & Oatmeal
Soap: MWF
Brush: M&F Blonde Badger
Razor: Feather AS-D2
Blade: Super Iridium (3)
EdT: D.R. Harris Windsor

2-pass DFS.

Afternoon, everyone.

Monday:

Prep: Claus Porto's Lime-oil face soap
Razor: EJDE89 with iKon Bulldog handle, shimmed
Blade: Super Max SS (3)
Brush: Ecotools Kabuki
Shave soap: La Toja
A/S: Pashana

La Toja gives such a terrific lather for smooth, quality shaves.

sat eveing

simpson brush,
dovo straight
bbr lab blue
nanny's eucylptus
nivia sensitive asb
pen's 1870

good close shave

Back
Top Bottom