Pitralon Classic

Thursday 16th February 2017
Pre Shave: Hot Shower, Bulldog Face Wash and Proraso Red
Razor: Merkur 45C
Blade: Polsliver SI (#1)
Brush: Hans Baier Silver Tip
Cream: Proraso Blue
AS: Nivea Replenishing Balm

Fantastic shave today! Now either the 45C and the Polsilver SI are just a perfect match or, I have discovered why previous shaves with a Polsilver SI were not so good.

Past shaves with the Polsilver SI were all using blades I got some time ago in a sampler of full packets. I got hold of another pack of Polsilver SI blades and the shave today was using a blade from this new pack, and it was so much better.

I have compared the two packs and the blades and they look identical, so I am guessing the first pack just had blades from a batch that were maybe not the usual standard. The past shaves were not the worst but I did feel that they should have been a lot better especially after trying the Iridium Super recently which should be identical based on what I have read. If the rest of the new pack of Polsilver SI are as good I will be getting some more while they are still available.

Greetings

Friday 17th February 2017
Prep: Shower
Razor: Valet
Blade: Valet Autostrop
Brush: Muhle Synthetic Small
Soap: Blue's
Aftershave: Astral Cream (soft)
EDT: Boucheron Jaipur Homme

Only a moderate shave, this original Valet blade has had it and I was unable to revive it even by re-stropping between passes.

This is my last Valet razor so the blade has lasted for six three pass shaves each in a different razor, the stropping has kept it plenty sharp enough until this shave when it just seemed to give up and die!

I personally think this is a fair and reasonable number of shaves and reinforces what I have always thought that Valets claims of, "Six months shaving from one blade" is frankly, utter nonsense and simply 1930's advert speak, when any ridiculous claims could be and were made!

Regards
Dick.

17.2.17.JPG

Friday's shave

Pre-shave - Warm shower, Wright's Coal Tar Soap and Village Barber Shaving Oil.
Razor - Hone 15a (Black) - first use.
Blade - Astra SP (day 3).
Soap - OSP Eucalyptus Tea Tree Menthol.
Brush - Simpsons Chubby 2 Synthetic Badger Hair Shaving Brush.
Post shave - OSP Eucalyptus Tea Tree Menthol Aftershave Tonic and organic aloe vera.

Frist use of the Hone - it did not disappoint. A totally different razor in my view to the Muhle Roca, which I have used daily since late December. I appreciate that YMMV, I found the Hone milder (close to a ATT M1), needing three passes to get a close comfortable shave, where for me the Rocca normally delivers a CCS with 2 passes. That said, I am not into DE shaving for speed. I enjoy new razors and finding ones that work for me. The Hone shaved beautifully, leaving my skin in good condition - no nicks, cuts, rash. It is a pleasure to use. I found it relatively easy to get a good shaving angle out of the box.

The Hone looks beautiful and performs just as good as it looks. The only problem, my wife will definitely notice a new razor this morning when she rises from her slumber :)

All the best,

Chris

Friday's shave

Pre-shave - Warm shower, Wright's Coal Tar Soap and Village Barber Shaving Oil.
Razor - Hone 15a (Black) - first use.
Blade - Astra SP (day 3).
Soap - OSP Eucalyptus Tea Tree Menthol.
Brush - Simpsons Chubby 2 Synthetic Badger Hair Shaving Brush.
Post shave - OSP Eucalyptus Tea Tree Menthol Aftershave Tonic and organic aloe vera.

Frist use of the Hone - it did not disappoint. A totally different razor in my view to the Muhle Roca, which I have used daily since late December. I appreciate that YMMV, I found the Hone milder (close to a ATT M1), needing three passes to get a close comfortable shave, where for me the Rocca normally delivers a CCS with 2 passes. That said, I am not into DE shaving for speed. I enjoy new razors and finding ones that work for me. The Hone shaved beautifully, leaving my skin in good condition - no nicks, cuts, rash. It is a pleasure to use. I found it relatively easy to get a good shaving angle out of the box.

The Hone looks beautiful and performs just as good as it looks. The only problem, my wife will definitely notice a new razor this morning when she rises from her slumber :)

All the best,

Chris
I'm pleased you like the razor :)

AF9856FE-2C14-45BA-8142-89967390C516_zpsspm0h0uw.jpg

I took more time on my prep this morning with a hot flannel preceding my usual Body Shop Maca root flash wash and Zirl shave oil.

My first use of the Proraso sensitive soap, hugely impressed.

Gillette slim adjustable on 6 with a new Polsilver SI

The brush was an impulse purchase in TKMaxx a few months ago, a Gentleman's Hardware synthetic. It's scratchy as a scratchy thing but very effective.

I had one tiny nick on my chin but one of my closest ever shaves.

AF9856FE-2C14-45BA-8142-89967390C516_zpsspm0h0uw.jpg

I took more time on my prep this morning with a hot flannel preceding my usual Body Shop Maca root flash wash and Zirl shave oil.

My first use of the Proraso sensitive soap, hugely impressed.

Gillette slim adjustable on 6 with a new Polsilver SI

The brush was an impulse purchase in TKMaxx a few months ago, a Gentleman's Hardware synthetic. It's scratchy as a scratchy thing but very effective.

I had one tiny nick on my chin but one of my closest ever shaves.

The silm and Polsilver SI are a marriage made in heaven.

Back
Top Bottom