S.O.T.D. Saturday 10th June to Friday 16th June 2017

Edwin Jagger head, Wlkinson Sword blade and FKT brass handle.
RazorRock 400 brush.
Taylors Lemon and Lime soap.
Done with cold water (due to the wife having used all the hot) and finished with B. Men hydrating gel. It was actually a lot more pleasant than I was expecting without any hot water.

qrhu3a.jpg

Evening gentlemen,
Well that was an awful shave!
I received the p+b bay rum soap in the post today, I will admit I was disappointed with the smell, but thought, I've bought it so I'm going to shave with it, it came across too clove smelling for me, but it did smell quite a lot nicer once I started lathering it. Now I made the first mistake, I thought p+b soaps are very thirsty, added too much water and ended up with a bowl full of substandard lather, in a rush so used it anyway, two passes later with many weepers I decided to give up. The blade was a first use Sputnik which I think was either very rough or......
Anyway, I'm now feeling quite sore.
Can't win them all as they say.:)
Fatip grande
Sputnik blade
P+b bay rum soap
Kent bk4 brush
Atkinson oud save the king.
View attachment 26004
Yikes...been there before. Some days it seems everything goes wrong and your face is just not in the mood to be bothered....and it does let you know!

Edwin Jagger head, Wlkinson Sword blade and FKT brass handle.
RazorRock 400 brush.
Taylors Lemon and Lime soap.
Done with cold water (due to the wife having used all the hot) and finished with B. Men hydrating gel. It was actually a lot more pleasant than I was expecting without any hot water.

qrhu3a.jpg
Never complain about her ladyship using the last of the hot water, it's worth every drop!
By the way, your looking so much more handsome than when I saw you last week, have you had cosmetic surgery?:cool:

Sotd - Tuesday 13/6 -

Razor - Parker Variant (2.5)
Blade - Lodz Polsilver (1)
Brush - Vie Long Anniversary 2-band
Soap - Tabac puck
Post - Witch hazel
A/S - Tabac
Balm - Aloe vera.

Result - man, that was good - I mean really good. Home alone, so an ideal opportunity for a leisurely relaxing evening shave. This was only my third use of the Variant and it's very good for me. At 90mm the handle is longer than any other I use but I think there may be something in them. It counterbalances the fairly weighty head perfectly and makes the razor a lot more deft in use than I might have imagined. Particularly against the grain. I might consider picking up a longer handle for the standard-thread heads I have to see what difference it might make. First use of the Tabac soap. Now I understand why it get so much love. I have been using the after-shave for a while - immediately taking to the strongly floral but masculine scent and its performance. I transferred the puck to an aluminum screw-top tin. Initially I wasn't sure what was going on with the lather but once I got the hydration right - more than you might think - boom. The consistency of ice cream. Thick, stable and protective. Strongly scented. In fairness, I've yet to use a tallow hard-soap my skin didn't like like but the Tabac was superb for me. Instant classic. All in all - that's one of the best shaves I have ever had. Completely bbs in two passes. Don't you ever wish that you had a rubbish shave every now and again to make you appreciate the good ones? No - obviously that's rubbish - the statement of an idiot or fool. Why else would we spend so much time - and money - on being good at it. What was I thinking? Enjoy your shaves - cheers - I.

Prep: Hot shower and L'Oreal charcoal face wash
Pre: King of shaves shave oil
Razor: ikon El Jefe
Razor blade: Kai pro guard
Brush: Saponifico Varesino
Bowl: Little Wren Pottery
Soap: Czech & Speake No88

The El Jefe is another razor on loan from James AKA @Acer89 thank you, again.

I was warned about the issues with the head and blade alignment. It took a couple of times to get the head to line up but no major dramas, very much like the shave.

Three passes and a little buffing left me with a very, very good close shave. Not a hint of irritation, no weepers, nothing.

James did say I would be pleasantly surprised and he was right.

Cheers
Rob

Vegetable Soap - Lilly of the Valley
Floid - Aceite De Afeitar
Savon Du Midi - Vetyver Shaving Soap
TGN - 24mm Silvertip Grade A
Face Lathering
Stahly Live Blade
Voskhod (2)
WTG, XTG and ATG
Allume Di Rocca Naturale
Tüff - Sensitive Unscented Aftershave