S.O.T.D. Saturday 10th January to Friday 16th January 2015

Sunday 11th January

Quick shave this morning as needed to get trailing to Old Trafford for the match today (on the M61 now, not the driver of course ;) ). Went for a full Jagger shave

Prep: Bath / Hot Flannel
Razor: EJ DE3D14
Blade: PolSilver SI
Brush: EJ Super Badger (Large)
Shave Cream: EJ Aloe Vera
Aftershave Balm: Nivia

[attachment=12704]

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    324.8 KB · Views: 18
After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage butterscotch rebranded Simpsons best
1958 Executive/Filomatic Titanio (NOS)
AoS sandalwood SS tallow version
Myrsol Emulsion
Givenchy 'Xeryus' EdT (black bottle old juice)

Been way too long since using what was my go to razor for a few years. This was a good choice that gave me the typical comfortable and totally enjoyable shave. This sharp old Spanish blade paired up well with the Exec, dialed in on the magical #4 setting.

Third and final time using the AoS soap. Performance was good, but the lather always took some work and never did turn out looking amazing. That particular sandalwood version is just not quite right for me, which is sad. Plus, I do get some clay in the mix. I was hoping to love this stuff but no.

Personally, I think the RL Safari is what AoS was trying to be. Now that's a nice smelling woodsy soap that lathers like a rabid St Bernard.

BBS results,

Martin

Sunday 11th January

SOTD11115_zps1949a49b.jpg

Warm shower
Hot towel
CRSW Select Winter LE scuttle lathered
Finest Badger brush made by myself
7 O'Clock NEW
Personna Lab Blue (2)
Cold rinse
Thayers Superhazel
Aqua Velva Ice Blue aftershave

11 January 2015

Biotique Papaya Scrub & Jergens Face Cream
Klar Kabinett & KMF
M&F 2XL Super
Muhle R41 2013 w/ Sabi handle
Rapira Swedish Super (1)
Mennen SB

This is one smooth blade. Result was a very fine shave.
:icon_razz:

iR3Bvuwl.jpg

First use of the Lucky Tiger (surprised it came in a plastic bottle, I thought it was glass, which I'd prefer.) Love the scent and it seemed to compliment the Catie's Bubbles Barnegat Bay (yes, this forum does that to you) and probably fine for the summer but needed moisturiser afterwards. Very close shave from the Feather Pro-Guards.

Cold water splash
T&H 1805 shaving cream
TGN 24mm Finest in Commodore X3 handle
ATT M2 Kronos
Perma-Sharp Super (1)
Clinique Post-Shave Soother
Acqua Di Parma Colonia

The Sufferfest - The Hunted:
http://www.thesufferfest.com/training-video/the-hunted/
Shower
Whickams SS Lavender
Semogue 830
Schick L1
Personna [5]
Blue Stratos
Gillette Moisturiser
It was brought to my attention that I may be may be using a little too much pressure resulting in irritation. So, took it very lightly as you would with DE, which resulted in a much more pleasant shave, same DFS results next to no irritation.
Good job...

Pre: Village Barber oil
Soap: Penhaligon's "Blenheim Bouquet" (old tallow formula)
Brush: Rod Neep Cocobolo Chubby #856 Extra Silvertip
Razor 1: ERN 1934
Razor 2: Ikon DLC slant w/Ikon SE handle
Blade: Feather (4)
Post: Thayer's witch hazel, followed by USB & Penhaligon's Opus 1870 balm/EdT
This ERN is VERY sharp. I was reminded of this fact when I lost concentration and received a 5mm slash from the point at the corner of my lip. Didn't even feel it. :icon_rolleyes:
Pass 2 & 3 with the slant/Feather. I should have changed this blade yesterday. It's beyond its prime.
This brush was made for this old Pen's tallow soap. It makes lather for days and is a joy to face-lather.
Kz5WoG8.jpg

Prep: Hot shower
Pre: Murdock Avalon pre-shave oil
Soap: Ingram cream
Bowl: Woodhead Pedestal
Brush: Semogue 830
Razor: Gem Damaskeene SE + globalneedz handle
Blade: Gem (5)
After: Floid Black AS, Cade ASB

This Ingram cream has been resting at the back of my bathroom manbinet for about 2 years. I hadn't chosen it for so long because I thought the menthol was too strong but today I thought it was great. The cream seems to have been unaffected in all that time and produced lovely lather and a very pleasant shave. I should use it more often.
I lose a bit of love for this Semogue 830 each time I use it. No backbone and feels really moppy. Even with a cream it didn't feel up to the job.
The thing I like about the Damaskeene is that it's so smooth; you just keep shaving until the cutting goes silent then you know there's no more stubble to cut. Suits this chubby handle nicely.

Shave on, folks.

SOTD150111_zps6f52dc6c.jpg

AF83C111-5BF9-4486-9CC7-4C606AD1E9B2_zpscpqwxw6w.jpg

3P
TBS Silvertip
Mickey Lee Soapworks La Fée Verte
Mongoose
Feather Pro (3)
Witch Hazel

Getting the hang of the goose now.
I wasn't too sure about this scent at first but lathered up I can see this being a favourite.

IMG_0507_zps324ee9a1.jpg

Soap: Catie's Bubbles LPV
Brush: Edwin Jagger Best Badger Brush
Razor: ATT Atlas R1
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (3)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel with some Myrsol Emulsion
Scent: Olfactive Studio Still Life EdP

For me, I totally get all the hype around this soap. The scent is great & the performance is bloody good. The issue for me is that I get a slight burning sensation after a few minutes of applying the lather on my face, which I'm assuming is down to the spices within the formulation. Shame.

Wickam 1902
Progress on 5 (very carefully), then 2.5, 1.5
Voskhod Teflon
Vulfix Grosvenor
Old Spice Champion a/s

Not really a fan of the Old Spice scent - the old Old - but like the new Old. Combine it with a Gillette New to get a New new Old Spice shave, or combine a Gillette Old Type to get either an Old new Old Spice or an Old old Old Spice :)

Monday morning:

Dovo Bismarck 6/8"
Simpsons Chubby 2, Best Badger
Neil Miller-2.5"Latigo Leather
Dimitri's Bergamot
Face Lather
Penhaligon's Endymion ASB
Penhaligon's Endymion Cologne

SOTD-2015-01-12a_zps91bac2bd.jpg

Back
Top Bottom