Yesterdays Shave

Hot Shower & 3P
Sienna Shaving Cream
Semogue 1305
Super Adjustable on 6
Yellow Gillette (3)
Proraso AS splash
Trumpers Lime Skin Food

Bit more water in the lather led to less of the tingling sensation.

Prep: Cold water
Soap: MdC
Brush: TGN 2-band badger in Grosvenor handle
Razor: Weber Polished/Bulldog
Blade: Personna Lab (3)

I always seem to get a little closer shave with Martin de Candre soap. Lathers up a storm too!

Have a great weekend, everyone :)

Friday 13th September

SOTD13913_zpscccad5f9.jpg

Warm shower
Hot flannel
Palmolive stick grated bowl lathered
Simpson POLO 10 best badger brush
Gillette slim twist
Rapira chrome (1)
Cold rinse
Thayers lavender witch hazel
Myrsol lemon aftershave

Comfortable shave with the slim twist one of 3 razors I inherited from George an old friend. The Rapira ok but not as smooth as the Sputnik or Voskhod.

Slow Shaving said:
Friday 09-13-13. MUSIC: Kraftwerk - The Man Machine (1978).

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69xUOO9Dyus[/video]

ea94d7ce-18a5-4c21-92fe-51fe5dfd0667.jpg

Soap from Aleppo - Rooney 1/2 silvertip - Feather all stainless - Gillette Platinum #1 - Pre JASÖN - Shaving cream Godrej Menthol Mist - Alum block - Thayers Original Aloe - ASB Myrsol Emulsión - ASL Myrsol Fórmula K.

Great band and a great album,seeing the cover brought back so many memories.

782sirbrian said:
Friday 13th September

SOTD13913_zpscccad5f9.jpg

Warm shower
Hot flannel
Palmolive stick grated bowl lathered
Simpson POLO 10 best badger brush
Gillette slim twist
Rapira chrome (1)
Cold rinse
Thayers lavender witch hazel
Myrsol lemon aftershave

Comfortable shave with the slim twist one of 3 razors I inherited from George an old friend. The Rapira ok but not as smooth as the Sputnik or Voskhod.
Hi Brian I got some of the thayers lavender on your recommendation and its great stuff.thanks for that.

12 SEP 2013

I don't usually shave the day after I use a disposable blade straight razor, because I am good to go still, but I had my daughter's open house and I wanted to go to her school clean rather than just acceptable.

I needed a break from the menthol and I was in a hurry, so I face lathered my awesome Bath House Spanish Fig & Nutmeg with the Muhle/TGN synthetic and did a quick two pass with my Gillette black handled Super Speed and a Dorco ST-301 on shave #3. Smooth, soft, and smelling great for the open house.

Pre: Hot shower and warm water splash
Razor: Gillette black handled Super Speed
Blade: Dorco ST-301
Brush: Muhle/TGN synthetic
Soap: Bath House Spanish Fig & Nutmeg

ajybavaq.jpg

13 SEP 2013

Back to the menthol. Shave Secret as a preshave, C.O. Bigelow face lathered with my EMJ synthetic brush, and the Gillette black handled Super Speed with a Dorco ST-301 on shave #4. I find that C.O. Bigelow is either very mentholated or very lightly mentholated, depending on just how much of the menthol bits you get into the mix. Some days it's overpowering and some days it's just mildly cooling. Today I actually managed a nice middle ground.

Two passes and some SAL alum left me BBS and pretty happy. I think that I am starting to get beyond my menthol hang up, but I doubt that it will ever be my first choice.

Pre: Hot shower, warm water splash, and Shave Secret
Razor: Gillette black handled Super Speed
Blade: Dorco ST-301
Brush: Every Man Jack synthetic
Soap: C.O. Bigelow

anesadu6.jpg

Prep: Hot shower
Pre: Proraso pre-shave - sensitive
Soap: Tabac
Brush: MÜHLE Kosmo silvertip synthetic
Bowl: Woodhead Pedestal
Razor: R41 + Weber Bulldog handle
Blade: Feather (1)
After: Sierran Breeze AS, Zirh ASB

I haven't had much of a satisfying experience with my new R41, uncomfortable shave and sore patches afterwards.
Today I gave it a fresh start; fitted the R41 to my weighty Weber Bulldog handle, loaded with a nice sharp feather, used my favourite soap Tabac (reliable and protective) and lathered with my gorgeous synthetic brush.

The shave went smoothly, much improved from last time. A little tuggy but being careful managed with a delicate touch.
The result: Well I think this must be one of my best shave results ever. Wonderful BBS without irritation, faceturbating all day.

What a turnaround. This razor can give very good results with proper preparation. Looking forward to having another go tomorrow.

Have a great weekend everyone.

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage butterscotch Made Rite badger
'Webly'/Wilkinsons Light Brigade (NOS)
Kent SS
Lucky Tiger AS and Face Tonic
Malizia 'Vetyver' EdT (sprayed on liberally like a cologne)

Been all over the board this week with razors, blades, and soaps. Last couple days have been with the excellent set up you see above. It don't get no better than this.

Earlier in the week it was using the F type injector with Gillette Platinum blades, which is another wildly popular combo for me to shave with. Then for the hell of it I used the 58 Executive as well with great results.

Soaps were Kent, very old Surrey, and Safari......all favorites of mine. Man, I can't believe I went so long without the Kent in my rotation once again.

Anyway, nice having in the arsenal all those pieces of what makes for me a perfect shave. Took lots of trial and error, but got there in the end.

BBS results this week,

Martin

Attachments

• Ever Ready #74 002 (Small).jpg
    Ever Ready #74 002 (Small).jpg
    56 KB · Views: 10
Prep: Bulldog Face Wash
Razor: 1941 Ranger Tech
Blade: Rapira Super Stainless (2)
Brush: SOC Boar
Soap: D R Harris Almond
Aftershave: Floid Vigoroso

The SOC is still getting better every shave, i must have 50+ lathers with it now,a very nice brush.

I could have done with using a sharper blade to be honest.

Next up will be one of these to compare, 40's Style Superspeed, 40's Rocket or 50's Parat.

Back
Top Bottom