Head shave only today,

Shower
Proraso pre green
Ingrams
Unlabeled Badger brush and Ikea rice bowl
Feather popular
Shark SS(2)
Proraso Aftershave splash

I'd never heard of Ingrams until I came on this forum, was in the Gentlemans Groom Room yesterday buying other stuff and saw a tube on the counter, lets have it. Smelled really nice and got a good lather with it, happy with it and quite cheap as well, bonus.

Fatip piccolo
Gillette swede (4)
Erasmic bowl soap
Bodger
WARS aftershave
Aloe vera moisturiser

Super smooth shave. Had to revisit the erasmic to check if it was as good as i thought and, yup, it was. Forget the stick - it's rubbish but this bowl soap is a keeper. Try it. Complimented by the Wars AS. I smell old school and im loving it :)

merkur 37c slant
7 o'clock yellow
muhle silvertip fibre
mikes lily of the valley shaving soap
blue stratos AS
pour un homme de caron edt

excellent shave, absolutely loving the slant at the moment. it was last chance saloon for the slant a few weeks ago, i bought it earlier in the year and was totally underwhelmed by it, thought id give it another try before putting it on BST and now im getting fantastic shaves from it.

Bugger! I would have agreed with you on what an appalling razor it is and relieved you of the burden for a fistful of these magic beans. Ho-hum ... if you get fed up of it again, I'll happily hold it for you.

Lovely, innit? What changed? Did it just click? For me, not looking at the blade made it perfect. As soon as I looked at it while shaving it all went to pot. Look away, trust and slide ... perfect.

Friday:

Evening, gents.

Prep: Claus Porto's Lime-oil face soap
Razor: EJ DE89 with Bulldog handle
Blade: Astra SP (7)
Brush: Ecotools Kabuki
Shave soap: Kell's Aloe and Hemp Ancient Sedona
A/S: Pashana Original

Good end-of-week shave.

G1 FatBoy @5,
IP Red (3),
Homemade Chubby 3 2-band,
Cade (new formula),
Weleda Rasierwasser (great performance but the smell is way out west, its day 3 of using this, not sure if it'll stay?)
GFT Sandalwood Skin Food

Happy Friday, guys.

Tonight, I'm drinking Stone's Ginger Wine and Whyte & MacKay Whisky (even portions). I'm fast losing the week from my memory and looking forward to a fantastic weekend.

No music, enjoying the silence.

My shave …

IMG_3951.JPG

Hot Towels
Olive Oil Blend PSO
Tabac Shaving Soap
Pure Badger Brush
Merkur 37C HD Slant
Feather Hi-Stainless [1]
Hot Rinse
Cold Rinse
Alum Wash
Witch Hazel/Grapefruit Tonic
Tabac Aftershave
Recipe for Men Aftershave

Once, with … once, cross.

Friday night, and I'm relaxed. I took my time enjoying the hot towels while my brush and razor soaked in hot water. PSO on and I started lathering. Ten times clockwise, ten anti-clockwise in the soap and then into my porcelain bowl which has also been bathing in the hot water …

I built the best lather ever! I gather Tabac lathers well anyway, but I may have been too hasty with it previously. Slowly, slowly does it. Clockwise, anti-clockwise, pump, drop of water … repeat. I got the thickest, slickest, lightest, flightiest lather ever.

Sadly, that's where the dream ended …

Strapping a Feather Hi-Stainless into my lend of a Merkur 37C HD Slant, it went well on my cheeks, my neck and then … my chin and lip erupted in weepers. I ran the Slant with a Sputnik Stainless (Teflon) [2] last night and it was heaven. Tonight was not Hell, but it was certainly South of Heaven. Cue Slayer!

That was "with" …

Cross the grain was better. After the "with", I could see it was nowhere near that one simple "with" that I enjoyed last time and quite frankly have to put the near legendary Feather quite down there in the bawdy ballads. I'll raise my Sputnik up there into legend. It deserves it.

Hot rinse, cold rinse, gone, alum wash and it's all back to normal, just humming. Tonic, then aftershave … then moisturiser.

Lessons learned?

I like moisturising shaving soaps. Nanny's OO, for me. Tabac is soooo worth it, though. That, and I like Russian blades. Ffff Feather!

Forgot about yesterday!

Friday 8th November 2012

Edwin Jagger DE89L
Personna Lab Blue
Simpson's Colonel X2L
TOBS Rose Cream
Pitralon Pure AS
Astral
Paul Smith London EdT

Shortie would seem to have have given her mum and I the sickness bug she had last week so a wee bit luxury made me feel almost human. Very good shave.

Back
Top Bottom