S.O.T.D. Sat. 21st Dec. 2013 to Frid. 27th Dec. 2013

Friday 12-27-13. MUSIC: Wynton Marsalis - Christmas Jazz Jam.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=az93JUgV15Q[/video]

a4cbdefc-7bd2-4f8e-bfd8-0438e29280cd_zps4fb9e07a.jpg

Soap from Alepo - Chubby 2 best badger - Feather all stainless - Iridium Super #5 - Pre JASÖN - Shaving cream Geo F. Trumper's Rose - Alum block - Thayers Original Astringent - ASB Truefitt & Hill - ASL Honeybee Gardens Bay Rum.

Friday 27th December

SOTD271213_zps93cd8ac1.jpg

Hot shower
Hot flannel
Speick stick grated scuttle lathered
Simpson Harvard 4 best badger
Gillette 1961 Aristocrat adjustable on 6
Gillette Silver Blue (2)
Cold rinse
Thayers Lavender witch hazel
Speick aftershave

Another fine shave, very nice.

Picked up a few shaved goodies in my local Drugstore today, namely Nivea Cream and Gillette platinum blades so it's all good.

Prep: Hot shower and face wash.
Pre: Barbon Pre shave lotion
Soap: Nivea Mild tubed shaving cream
Brush: Omega 83
Razor: Merkur 933 (Travel)
Blade: Treet platinum

Smooth like a Porsche !

Bechet45 said:
All good stuff and especially a Gairdener whittled handled brush well loaded with some Cool Godrej cream. I looked like Santa - sans red jacket - before every pass! Lather and lather and then some!

The handle was a gift some time ago and I stioll love it - probebly more every time I use it. Thanks Graeme.

Come to think of it, the Simpson's AS balm was a gift also, came with my TSN P8. Lovely stuff. Thanks Mark.

The pleasure is all mine, dear sir. I'm so chuffed you still like and use it! :D

rosegold muhle r41 (2013)
perma sharp super
omega 20102
panna crema namaste
weleda AS balm
givenchy pi edt

excellent. first run out with the 2013 r41 and i like it a lot, ive got the 2011 version and i find the latest one quite a bit easier to use. ive got an irritation and blood free shave, i think this is going to get a lot of use.

Friday evening ...

Drink: Vodka & Coke
Music: Bauhaus 'Mask' LP

DSC04135.JPG

Hot Towel
Alt Innsbruck Pre/Post Shave
Edwin Jagger Tea Tree Shaving Cream
Pure Badger 23mm
Ever Ready 1924
ASR 009 RD Blade [2]
Hot Rinse, Cold Rinse, Alum Wash & Witch Hazel
Alt Innsbruck Pre/Post Shave

Two Pass - WTG/ATG

Blow me down! That is one aggressive little f*cker!!!

I've shaved with the 1912s before and the Micromatics after ... the 1924 is one aggressive razor. Huge blade reveal and the comb, much like the 1912, becomes an open comb in use. Whereas you're lulled into a light sense of mildness with the 1912s, you're fast awakened as to the potential of this razor!

Light touches!

Do that and you're rewarded. After a medium pressure scrape down each cheek, I lightened up a lot and got my feather light touch all sorted for the second pass against the grain. All done, very smooth and a seriously rewarding shave. You have to work with the razor, though - this is one where you are NOT in charge.

The Alt Innsbruck Pre/Post Shave is a fun balm. As a pre-shave, I'm not sure it added a lot but as an aftershave balm, just lovely. Less fierce than the liquid, very slick, very smooth, just gorgeous as an aftershave balm. Lovely scent, too, and the first one which I noticed our little mog giving me a serious nose over ...

...sneaky splash of Trumper's Eucris later, eh?

Friday

Evening, everyone.

Prep: Claus Porto's Lime-oil face soap
Razor: EJDE89 with Bulldog handle
Blade: Derby (1)
Brush: Ecotools Kabuki
Shave cream: Kiss My Face unscented
Aftershave: Ricardo L'Homme, Black

Prep: Hot Water
Soap: How To Grow a Mustache Pumpk'n 3.14
Brush: Simpson "The Duke" D3
Razor: Dovo Best Quality 6/8