Rogues Gallery

All I've caught so far is the fact Louis has a nice Fender J-Bass and there's a nice camera under Shrink's arm :).

I have a P-Bass. They are both beautiful instruments but I prefer the wider neck so that was why I chose the P over the J. So many comment on the 'criminal' act of using a pick with a P-Bass. For this reason I thought I'd keep my old Ibanez for pick style but it now lays naked and stringless in the corner due to how forgiving the P-Bass is for all styles. Although I'm unimpressed with the sound achieved from roundwounds on it compared to my Ibanez. For that reason I just won't buy flats anymore ;)

IanM said:
It's one of those "I wish that I hadn't sold it" jobs.

I suspect I may have one of those moments soon, but the Hammond & Leslie just aint being used these days...

Anyone know anyone who wants to buy a 1971 Hammond L122 & Leslie 145?

Leslie145 said:
IanM said:
It's one of those "I wish that I hadn't sold it" jobs.

I suspect I may have one of those moments soon, but the Hammond & Leslie just aint being used these days...

Anyone know anyone who wants to buy a 1971 Hammond L122 & Leslie 145?

Nice.

Does it do the Deep Purple/Jon Lord noises?

Ian

SuperChrome said:
All I've caught so far is the fact Louis has a nice Fender J-Bass and there's a nice camera under Shrink's arm :).

I have a P-Bass. They are both beautiful instruments but I prefer the wider neck so that was why I chose the P over the J. So many comment on the 'criminal' act of using a pick with a P-Bass. For this reason I thought I'd keep my old Ibanez for pick style but it now lays naked and stringless in the corner due to how forgiving the P-Bass is for all styles. Although I'm unimpressed with the sound achieved from roundwounds on it compared to my Ibanez. For that reason I just won't buy flats anymore ;)

Canon 5D with 24-105 F4 IS lens :)

Used to be 100% pick for me on any bass, but it really depends on what the tune is.

I'm better with a pick.

Ian

Leslie145 said:
True, Count - the amount of people here who think my name is Leslie...

IanM said:
Does it do the Deep Purple/Jon Lord noises?

Very loudly, yes - although I cannot & never will be able to play like that master.

I must admit I never considered the name - it was the very large nostril on your avatar that had me wondering.
I expected Shrink to have larger breasts as another example.

SuperChrome said:

I was considering getting a P solely for getting THAT sound you get from using a pick on it! (the J won't do it no matter how you set it up)

Keep on pickin' :icon_razz:

Here's one taken on holiday in Tenerife last week - freshly shaved with a Cobra/Feather combo. This also has a beer theme in that I was just on my way to the bar.

Back
Top Bottom