RIP Top Gear

frankw said:
UKRob said:
Since September 2013 you have made 30 posts - the majority of them based on your political or other beliefs. It's a shaving forum - the vast majority post about shaving and occasionally dip into other threads. If people want to buy blades made in Israel or denounce either Clarkson or Jihadists - why not let them. For your part, if you feel so strongly, why not start your own political thread with a shaving section as a side venture?

General Talk
"anything non shave related goes here"

The Lounge
"non shave related chat…"

Why play the man and not the game? Be well my friend, frank

Frank - you've missed out the rule against any politics, anywhere, any time. Politics are not allowed in TSR.

Ever so tempted to quote John 7: 24 ( Textus Receptus ) , however I feel the long suffering mods have been patient beyond belief on this thread, so i offer instead my final thought;

R.I.P. Top Gear.

JohnnyO. :icon_razz:/.

fancontroller said:
Hey, here's a thought - replace him with a woman

Great idea - some nice intelligent MILF who knows about cars would provide an excellent foil for the others. (or they for her).
To me they were always the Ass, the Owl and the Hamster - time for a change.

fancontroller said:

I'm far too sexist for that thought! Top Gear was pretty much my sole escapism from the world of 'x-factor, big brother, celebrity - get me out..., the voice' etc etc. Nope, needs to be a man, no matter how lovely she looked!

SirPrize said:
fancontroller said:

Great idea - some nice intelligent MILF who knows about cars would provide an excellent foil for the others. (or they for her).
To me they were always the Ass, the Owl and the Hamster - time for a change.

So the piece of ass, the owl and the hamster :p

It surprises me that no-one here seems to think a woman could do Clarkson's job without being treated as just eye-candy. The current lot sure weren't chosen on their looks or physique.
I believe Clarkson did write some of the material but mainly he was a presenter spouting the show's writers' comments. The whole show seemed completely scripted to me to an extent that felt patronising - sorry fans but that's just my opinion.

I also can't see what X-factor, Big brother etc. has got to do with women - Aren't half the contestants men?

C'mon guys, is this really how you think of women in 2015?

fancontroller said:
C'mon guys, is this really how you think of women in 2015?

Of course it isn't, they are true equals, and deserve our total respect, for too long they have been second class...... oh good, she's stopped looking at my laptop now!! Yes, really, that's how many of us think, including the Great Clarkson may he RIP..... LOL

Back
Top Bottom