Review: Timeless Razor's OC model

Right, fifth shave with the Timeless, this time using the standard 100mm handle, which starts off being a bit unwieldy, but I got to grips with it as the shave went on. It's a nice enough handle.

I used the star noir tonight, was delighted this came through, though I had to go to the post office to pick it up. Probably one of my favorite P&B scents, hard to explain, but it's nice. Strong yet light, floral musk, but I'm not great at explaining scents. It lathered up as you'd expect P&B to.

The Timeless had to deal with 6 days of growth and coped very well. 2 passes and a very good finish at the end of it. Couple of weepers, but this was probably the best shave I've had with the Timeless. I think its in its element with more growth than as a daily shaver to be honest. I enjoyed the shave today, fuss free and efficient.

- Timeless 0.95 OC, 100mm handle
- Astra SP (3)
- Omega Pro 49
- P&B Star Noir
- Thayers WH Aloe
- Aloe Vera gel (from the plant)
- Speick AB

img_20161007_191527-01-jpeg.2599

Sixth shave with the Timeless and a bit of a change this time... No OC, but the 0.95 Scalloped BP. I only shaves at 7 lat night so didn't think the OC would be a good move... I also used the polished head instead of the scalloped.

So, I prefer the 85mm handle. It's just more comfortable in the hand for me. I noticed no difference between the polished top cap and the scalloped. Can't explain why, I just didn't. The shave was fine, two passes, a decent result, not the closest. No weepers. I was hoping for a bit closer after the two passes through, but I didn't want to go for a third pass and was relatively happy with the result.

The soap is from the pass around and it's alright, nothing more, lathered up relatively easy, but not mountains of lather. Smelt decent, I won't be looking to pick any up though.

I decided to feature the Thayers and Speick in my picture today. I use them after every shave and they don't often get pictured!

- Timeless 0.95 Scalloped BP, Polished Top Cap, 85mm handle
- Astra SP (4)
- Simpsons Duke 3
- Panna Cremma Vetiver
- Thayers WH Aloe
- Speick AB

img_20161008_143724-01-jpeg.2622

Sixth shave with the Timeless and a bit of a change this time... No OC, but the 0.95 Scalloped BP. I only shaves at 7 lat night so didn't think the OC would be a good move... I also used the polished head instead of the scalloped.

So, I prefer the 85mm handle. It's just more comfortable in the hand for me. I noticed no difference between the polished top cap and the scalloped. Can't explain why, I just didn't. The shave was fine, two passes, a decent result, not the closest. No weepers. I was hoping for a bit closer after the two passes through, but I didn't want to go for a third pass and was relatively happy with the result.

The soap is from the pass around and it's alright, nothing more, lathered up relatively easy, but not mountains of lather. Smelt decent, I won't be looking to pick any up though.

I decided to feature the Thayers and Speick in my picture today. I use them after every shave and they don't often get pictured!

- Timeless 0.95 Scalloped BP, Polished Top Cap, 85mm handle
- Astra SP (4)
- Simpsons Duke 3
- Panna Cremma Vetiver
- Thayers WH Aloe
- Speick AB

img_20161008_143724-01-jpeg.2622
Thank you for your review of this razor (all the bottom plates / top caps) it has been very enlightening indeed. :)

My 7th and final shave with the Timeless last night, this time I went back to the 0.95 OC with 85mm handle and scalloped top cap. I wanted to see how the 0.95 OC would shave as a daily driver, I normally only shave once every two days, but the 0.95 scalloped base plate didn't leave the best result and I was out last night, so thought I could do with a shave instead of the designer stubble. That was a mistake. I loaded up with a fresh Astra SP blade and the shave just wasn't an enjoyable one. I was left red on my neck with a few weepers, a couple in places I never normally get them. My opinion on the 0.95 OC for my skin and my shaving style is that it is great if you've got a few days growth, it mows it down with ease and will leave a good result, but as a daily driver, it is just a bit much. It's an efficient thing, but there is notable blade feel when you don't have many whiskers to get through. It was my first use of the La Toja soap from the pass around and it's a nice soap. Lathers well and decent scent. I can see why this has its plaudits in the community. There's other soaps I would reach for first though.

So, final thoughts on the Timeless. I'm very grateful to ATG and @Timelessrazor for the opportunity to try this kit out. Unfortunately, it's just not for me, in any of the configurations. I've only had a couple of decent shaves out of the seven I had and I really won't miss is when it is gone. I'm actually quite looking forward to handing it over to @Holyzeus (which will be happening tomorrow) so that I can try out a couple of other razors that are on their way to me!

It is a well-made razor, that is obvious, I would still like @Timelessrazor to get back regarding what the manufacturing process is for the top caps and if it differs from the rest of the razor or not. I know there are people that will love this razor, in one or more of its guises, but the cost is prohibitive for a large number of UK buyers. Hopefully this pass-around will give those who are interested the opportunity to see if they find a configuration to justify the price and I'm sure a few will, just not myself :)

- Timeless 0.95 OC, scalloped top cap, 85mm handle
- Astra SP (1)
- Omega Pro 49
- La Toja soap
- Thayers Aloe WH
- Aloe vera gel (from the plant)
- Speick AB

Thanks for your review, I have not tried the OC version (no OC that I like except the Wolfman) but the Scalloped in both 0,95 & 0,68 are in my top 3.
I'm glad you get on with them as do some others... I think I'm just more of an SE guy, well that's the way it's going at the moment anyway...

An unexpected 8th last shave with the Timeless, the last roll of the die. With my Shavemac arriving today I couldn't resist another shave and I thought I'd give the Timeless another shot with one of my tried and tested soaps...

1912 Cashmere was the soap of choice, my favourite and I'll start with feeeback on the brush. This thing is a beauty, I've fallen in love with the handle and though I am not a brush expert, I can tell this knot is in another league. It whipped up a great lather, was incredibly soft and just all round lovely. I'll be mainly face lathering with her for now, I might throw in the odd bowl lather to mix it up though. Trying to think of a name for her, suggestions welcome :D

Back to the razor, using the only baseplate I haven't tried, the 0.95 solid bar, the 100mm handle and the scalloped top cap I had a generally good shave. My face is near BBS from two passes, my neck is a bit red though with some weepers. I chunk of this redness and weepers is completely my fault though as for some inexplicable reason I went to touch up a patch I'd missed and went completely the wrong way, ATG (which I avoid on my neck) and that was the cause of a large patch of red and 3 or 4 weepers. Hopefully look better in the morn. The 0.95mm Solid Bar is probably nore up my street as a daily driver, but my face is actually quite tight after the shave. It was a good shave, but I still won't miss it when it's gone. Boy did the AS have some sting!

My fiirst SOTD pic with the new brush (yet to be named) but I guarantee far better pictures will be following from others. See you in the morning...

- Timeless SB 0.95mm with scallooed top cap and 100mm handle
- Astra SP (2)
- Shavemac Unique Bulb ATG 2016
- 1912 Cashmere
- Thayers Aloe WH
- Aloe Vera Gel (from the plant)
- Speick AB
- Speick AS

img_20161010_231522-01-jpeg.2707

A bloom pic

img_20161010_235512-01-jpeg.2708

An unexpected 8th last shave with the Timeless, the last roll of the die. With my Shavemac arriving today I couldn't resist another shave and I thought I'd give the Timeless another shot with one of my tried and tested soaps...

1912 Cashmere was the soap of choice, my favourite and I'll start with feeeback on the brush. This thing is a beauty, I've fallen in love with the handle and though I am not a brush expert, I can tell this knot is in another league. It whipped up a great lather, was incredibly soft and just all round lovely. I'll be mainly face lathering with her for now, I might throw in the odd bowl lather to mix it up though. Trying to think of a name for her, suggestions welcome :D

Back to the razor, using the only baseplate I haven't tried, the 0.95 solid bar, the 100mm handle and the scalloped top cap I had a generally good shave. My face is near BBS from two passes, my neck is a bit red though with some weepers. I chunk of this redness and weepers is completely my fault though as for some inexplicable reason I went to touch up a patch I'd missed and went completely the wrong way, ATG (which I avoid on my neck) and that was the cause of a large patch of red and 3 or 4 weepers. Hopefully look better in the morn. The 0.95mm Solid Bar is probably nore up my street as a daily driver, but my face is actually quite tight after the shave. It was a good shave, but I still won't miss it when it's gone. Boy did the AS have some sting!

My fiirst SOTD pic with the new brush (yet to be named) but I guarantee far better pictures will be following from others. See you in the morning...

- Timeless SB 0.95mm with scallooed top cap and 100mm handle
- Astra SP (2)
- Shavemac Unique Bulb ATG 2016
- 1912 Cashmere
- Thayers Aloe WH
- Aloe Vera Gel (from the plant)
- Speick AB
- Speick AS

img_20161010_231522-01-jpeg.2707

A bloom pic

img_20161010_235512-01-jpeg.2708
Beautiful brush, how about Betty! :)

Official announcement about the matte finish option came in today

================== From News Email ==========================================================================

NOW YOU CAN CHOOSE BETWEEN POLISHED AND MATTE FINISH

Hello everyone, we now have the option of a MATTE FINISH or the original POLISHED FINISH. This matte finish is a dull glass beaded finish that gives a tougher look to the razor.

FullSizeRender.jpg

image5.JPG

Official announcement about the matte finish option came in today

================== From News Email ==========================================================================

NOW YOU CAN CHOOSE BETWEEN POLISHED AND MATTE FINISH

Hello everyone, we now have the option of a MATTE FINISH or the original POLISHED FINISH. This matte finish is a dull glass beaded finish that gives a tougher look to the razor.

FullSizeRender.jpg

image5.JPG
Polished with a 85mm handle please ! :)

My .95 Timeless Solid Bar turned up yesterday, and, as far as my choice is concerned, it's a "hole in one". Having got the OC in .68 and the scalloped in .95, I felt that .95 would also be the right level of aggression for me, and I was right.

Teamed with the scalloped top cap, barberpole 100mm handle, Yellow Gillette, and Ogallala Bay Rum soap applied with a fan Vie-Long white horsehair, this thing shaves like a dream. There's enough feedback to show it's working, almost no pressure is needed, and 2 passes WTG and XTG were sufficient.

The modularity of the Timeless collection is inspired, and every part mates to the other properly, and without the slightest mismatch. Absolutely superb, and now you lucky things can have it in matte as well.

Back
Top Bottom