Review: Timeless Razor's OC model

Forgot to add that I own the OC head only, opting out of the handle as I'm trying to keep away from picking up any more SS handles. I've been using the head with one of James excellent Ti handles as well as with a Ti Jurgen UFO and the ATT bamboo. I like the top heavy balance using lighter handles on this razor.

I'm gonna steal @wintoid 's description of the new OC handle as being "brutal and classy" - when using it this morning it's size and heft made me think of a more industrial design/item...but its appearance and feel is on the luxurious side. Somehow it works though and I ended up having a most excellent shave.​
2z5jc40.jpg

Shaved with the OC this morning and felt it was a tad less aggressive than the SB yesterday - but maybe my technique has adjusted slightly. Very close shave but my face felt a little roughed up - Osage Rub thought so, too!

Beautiful razors, beautifully made. A tad too far up the scale toward aggression for my taste but I can see they would fit right in with a lot of people. With more than one shave with each razor, my impressions may well change. I hope so!

A few hours later and with my face balmed up, I can feel what a bloody close shave this razor gave me.

Had a rushed last minute shave tonight using the OC with a Kai blade, light speed three passes with minimum prep and depressing lather! Was expecting a blood bath but was pleasantly surprised. Not a bbs shave and a few rough patches. My fault for not watching my angles at high speed. Absolutely no irritation... ;)

The sickener for me is that on top of the $180 I'll have $22.50 p&p then probably another say $40 in customs charges that then makes it around though not exactly around $245. which equates to $60 on top of the razor price. Shipping costs are a right pain in the ass.

The sickener for me is that on top of the $180 I'll have $22.50 p&p then probably another say $40 in customs charges that then makes it around though not exactly around $245. which equates to $60 on top of the razor price. Shipping costs are a right pain in the ass.

It would be great it @Timelessrazor maybe down the road could find a UK-based vendor to carry their offerings.

Back
Top Bottom