razor recommendations

It's designed to rub you the wrong way. Trolling always is.

I believe Wikipedia has it right, " In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory,[1]extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion,[3] often for their own amusement."

I'm just appreciative of Boab and the others who set this forum up to allow us the freedom to have and express our own preferences and views on wet shaving. In 6 enjoyable years here I couldn't tell you, and don't care what kit the founders use. The only freebies I've had have been due to the kindness of fellow members who've piffed me samples of various " stuff ". Since others seem to be perceiving undercurrents of a commercial nature unknown to me I'll leave this thread to them and just continue to enjoy the funniest, friendliest and most informative forum I've visited.

JohnnyO. o/

It's designed to rub you the wrong way. Trolling always is.

I believe Wikipedia has it right, " In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory,[1]extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion,[3] often for their own amusement."

I agree, @Bechet , so when are you going to get onto the topic of this thread? o_O

Initially I wanted to write a few sentences of recommendations, but after going through the whole thread I just don't feel like it anymore.

Will wait on the next one.

Understand the feeling B, however if you change your mind most of us are pretty interested in each other's views and we have a lot of ( deserved ) trust in our independent and unbiased comments. Plse don't be put off expressing your own thoughts.

JohnnyO. o/

PS You'll also do us a favour by getting us back on topic ! I'm notorious for meandering away from the point. Sorry ( again ) all.

All right then.

I started with a Merkur 34c and was highly disappointed.

And then these suggested blade sample packs with mostly tuggy and dull blades in it.

A mild razor combines with lacking technique and with the dull blades = beginners disappointment.
No comparison to a former Fusion shave.

I would nowadays recommend a Merkur Progress, because basically that's about as good as a DE razor can get for me.

And simply get decent blades, Astra, Voshkod, Ladas or my favorite Sputniks. This whole blade experimenting is in the beginning not working anyway, until one has the technique and can create reproducable shaves and learns to remember the blade-feel in the skin.

Only downside to the Progress is the asymetrical sides, one usually gives more bladegap than the other.

Yes the 37C might be an option, but to be honest: below the nose they are imho unnecessarily complicated for a beginner.

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

Just a quick query B, are you aware of the alignment marks on the detatchable head and the base plate. They should be in line when you clip the head back on, only Merkur don't tell you. I'm only mentioning this as you cite the lack of symmetry.

JohnnyO. o/

I noticed the uneven blade gap when I had my Progress.
Loosen the top cap very slightly, adjust the blade buy holding the tabs and tighten the top cap.

Just a quick query B, are you aware of the alignment marks on the detatchable head and the base plate. They should be in line when you clip the head back on, only Merkur don't
Yes I know. I have wildly discussed this here:
http://www.gut-rasiert.de/forum/index.php/topic,2242.msg578051.html#msg578051

Progress can indeed Be a bit complicated to use for a DE starter.

The Parker Butterflies (22R, 87R, ...) are also a good option for beginners. More effectiv then the 34C, but still forgiving.

So we're still banging on about other forums.
You were the one that asked about custom titles. If you haven't noticed, I haven't seen any in this forum. Where else was I supposed to get an example?

I suppose I could have used the electronic cigarette forum (ECF), but they let you pick your own titles there.

Back
Top Bottom