Razor of the year 2010

Well, since all of the DE razors I've ever purchased have been this year and I've gone a bit mad with RAD it's a tough question. From the ones I've shaved with, I'm torn between a Gillette Slim and a Gillette NEW #88, I'll plump for the slim as it's the razor I've used most. But I do have an apparently unused Toggle that could take it's place when (if?) I get around to shaving with it.

kev... said:
James_uk said:
kev... said:
Mine is my hoffrittz slant followed closely by the various long comb News i have purchased!

are you having a laugh kevo?I thought yours would be the brand new aristo off erwin? :?
It aint arrived yet mate :lol:

ya I mean assuming it's gonna arrive by the end of the year,if it dosen't then obviously there's a concern :lol:

The Feather All-Stainless.

P1000349-1.jpg

I've sold my other razors. This is so good with a Feather blade that I don't care if I never shave with anything else. My ultimate shave:

P1000358-1-1.jpg

Regards

Ian

Me it's a difficult one..

I'm torn between my Gotta 120 that arrived today, and the beautiful mint Aristocrat I got from Nanny.

For the moment it's the Aristo, since I haven't shaved with the Gotta yet.

Max

This one.

Bought it from n1vlo earlier this year. It's a bit like a re-badged Chatsworth with a Merkur head, and, for me, it's got that great balance of closeness and comfort.[attachment=0]

Ian

I think 'The Palmer' I bought early on in the year from Larry Andro. Don't really know anything about it, it doesn't look pretty and has a crack in the scales at the pin. It arrived with an excellent edge and it has been by far the easiest of my straights to hone. Maybe one day I'll give it a makeover.
DSC00107.JPG

I think it's a bit too early for us all to say which razor won our heart in 2010,since I got my secret santa pressy today and I gotta feeling there's a razor inside :cool:

Easy. After a couple of years of almost exclusively using vintage Gillettes (esp. the English TTO's) my favourite razor is the Wilkinson Sword Sticky.

Got one from Martin (audiolab) and another from Steve (sunbury) and they are different but equally good.

Paired with a Feather they give the closest, smoothest shave ever. I have a light beard so never really needed the heavy-weight Aristocrats, pretty though they are, and these long-handled light and mild shavers really do the job without nicks or rash.

I love 'em.

Back
Top Bottom