Razor of the year 2010

So we all sold and bought bits and pieces on the bay and BST or indeed other sources. Now,coming up to the end of the year what would you say ''your razor of the year'' is?

Mine is probably the cased fat boy got on a trade with missingskin.

Note: Guys I don't mean your birth razor,it's the best razor you managed to pick up in 2010

Re: Razor of the year

I recently received a Flare Tip Super Speed which had minor plating issues on the backs of the silo doors. My first vintage razor, my first TTO, and a nice contrast with my Merkur 38R.
I find the Super Speed very easy to use and forgiving, and love the TTO mechanism, and the history factor of the razor. But the thing that really swings it is the fact that member "Chris" was good enough to PIF it to me. So that's why it's my razor of the year. Although that year is 1955!

Re: Razor of the year

NotTheStig said:
I recently received a Flare Tip Super Speed which had minor plating issues on the backs of the silo doors. My first vintage razor, my first TTO, and a nice contrast with my Merkur 38R.
I find the Super Speed very easy to use and forgiving, and love the TTO mechanism, and the history factor of the razor. But the thing that really swings it is the fact that member "Chris" was good enough to PIF it to me. So that's why it's my razor of the year. Although that year is 1955!

I have several superspeeds,my first one was a flair tip just like yours,got it from a member here,cosmetically mine was just knackered but mechanically everything was sound. I agree superspeeds are lovely shaverswith the right blade they can be forgiving and very effective at the same time.

hunnymonster said:
Mine is the 1921 Gillette New that I got from eBay.fr... looked like shite when it arrived, but a smidge of ultrasonicery and some silver polish later it gleams like a gleamy thing and removes whatever whiskers I present it with like, well like a razor.

I've got one too,1933 No77,took me a while to get the angle right,that razor and a feather blade and I'm in business

Gonna get a comment or two about it but anyway..............Mine is very boring, not valuable, not rare nor vintage, but this is the one i use the most (nearly every shave now), the Merkur Futur.....

Got my dad using my Futur and some of my new shave soap (dad is a 30 year electric razor man) and he likes it, so i have got him a Futur and the matching brush as part of his christmas present. :D

Although I haven't tried that many razors thus far, I'd say my razor of the year would be the 1919 old type I picked up for £3.00. There is hardly any plating left on the thing, but it gives a great shave with a sharper blade.

I haven't used or tried any new or different DE razors this year.

I have re-visited a few though.

The best was the Edwin Jagger DE87 - by a country mile.

Had fun with the Feather AC (Artist Club) again - for about the 6th! time.

What!?!? No pictures :eek: :shock:

Ok, my razor of the year is ... a straight razor ... or a cut throat ... or as we say in Swedish. shaving knife ... but in Swedish then, if you get my point... anyhow, back to the razor of the year ... arrgghhh ... I can´t choose ... ok, it was the batch of Klas Törnblom blanks I found and bought in Eskilstuna. There, I said it.

Back
Top Bottom